Thread: Any part-outs? Looking for gently used front brakes

Any part-outs? Looking for gently used front brakes

As the title states. I feel terrible inquiring about used brakes but funds are very tight at the moment and I need brakes and winter tires within the next month. Need front rotors and pads. Please let me know if you know of anything! I called Autohaus LLC in NJ because they were parting out an RS6 but they refused to even entertain the idea of selling used brake parts; pretty rude over the phone, too. >:-(
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Probably going to get Zimmermann rotors, *sigh*

How soon do you need the rotors? I'm guessing it is for safety inspection in MA? Mine have about 10,000 miles and are in very good condition, but I'm eyeing a set of JHM 2-pce rotors. I had planned on parking the car for the winter when I get back home so it wouldn't be a big deal to send mine out. However, I'm on the road right now, might be home the weekend after next if everything goes as planned.

My inspection is due by the end of December but I'm more concerned with the fact that I actually need brakes, lol. I might be willing to wait if you can take them off and ship them out in a couple weeks. I can park the RS and drive the BRZ but I won't be driving the BRZ once snow starts falling, so there is some urgency.

Check with greyyork, he's letting a set of gently used rotors go on the cheap. OE rotors with 60%+ life left in the front and ~80% in the rear. He re-utilized the new rotors he bought, else I would've snagged them and had them cryo-treated, but the place that does cryo won't do used rotors due to tendency to crack. :|

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)