Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings...Picked up a RS6

Gun Greetings...Picked up a RS6

Hello,
    Long time Audi guy here...picked up my RS6 from a member here that was crashed. We are going to yank the engine out and swap it along with the front clip over to my Allroad truck. Looking forward to some feedback on the members who have swapped over the 01E. We will be parting the rest of the car that is not needed.

Welcome! Interesting ride there, Texas right? Update location in your profile if you get the chance. That will be fast with the weight loss!

I might be up for headlights (if perfect), mirrors (if perfect), tcu, ecu down the road price depending...although I think you'll want most of that. And power steering reservoir cover...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Is that a mkiv r32 in the foreground?

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Welcome! Interesting ride there, Texas right? Update location in your profile if you get the chance. That will be fast with the weight loss!

I might be up for headlights (if perfect), mirrors (if perfect), tcu, ecu down the road price depending...although I think you'll want most of that. And power steering reservoir cover...
    Yes Sir...Texas-Euless to be exact....I will post up some pieces later that I will not be using and letting go...I really want the whole car but have a new shop and cannot take on the extra overhead..

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Is that a mkiv r32 in the foreground?
    Yes Sir....my operation manager's HPA supercharged R32....car is cherry

Wow that looks like a sweet project! Will subscribe to this thread to monitor progress.
    & If your parting the unused stuff from donor car - I'll take the:

1. front bumper cover
    2. leather armrest top lid of center console
    3. lower passenger side intercooler grill.

PM or e-mail me nistah@yahoo.com to sort details & get paid.

Cheers & GLW the build!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

S, get this thing sorted before Camp allroad, please. Looking forward to seeing project moving along. I'll be swinging through TX caravanning with Rich.

-eric
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Quote Originally Posted by zinkwerks View Post
    Hello,
    Long time Audi guy here...picked up my RS6 from a member here that was crashed. We are going to yank the engine out and swap it along with the front clip over to my Allroad truck. Looking forward to some feedback on the members who have swapped over the 01E. We will be parting the rest of the car that is not needed.

Nice! If you don't mind me asking. in the bottom pick, what kind of wheels are those? I have been thinking about spicing up mine and those look great. Thanks.

This will be impressive if you pull this off. I'm not sure what 'length issues' you will run into with the RS6 front clip, as it's longer than the allroad. The wheel base is the same, but there's a few more inches in front of the front wheels on the V8 C5s. The V8 in the allroad was not similar to the RS6 V8 (timing chain similar to the B6 S4 vs. the timing belt respectively).

You don't' seem to have an aversion for fabrication, so I'm confident that you can get it accomplished.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Also, keep me in mind if you do not use that core support. I could probably use another one.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

What a weird looking ride. A German Ranchero. lol

Engine will likely have clearance problems on the front as the RS6 motor has the additional depth as part of the induction system. Also believe you will need to change out more than just body panels in order to address intercoolers and the like. A great winter project for sure and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post
    Nice! If you don't mind me asking. in the bottom pick, what kind of wheels are those? I have been thinking about spicing up mine and those look great. Thanks.
    My money's on them being Niche Milan's....

Come in 5 spoke. Niche Verona are the 7 spoke styles.

Last edited by Bigglezworth; October 23rd, 2014 at 05:29.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I am pushing for Camp Allroad but all depends on how much liquid I will have to spend. We are swapping out the entire front end core support and all. I am having a spacer cnc'd for the front frame rails to "extend" it and reach properly. Its gonna be a huge pita but will be fun as hell. I have a small shop here in Texas so have plenty of room to mess with it. The wheels are Avant Garde M550-they were cheap and they fit perfect. Had the holes drilled at the factory for 5x112 to get the et20 since the et was 5x114. Only bad thing is center bore is not correct and having to use hubrings.

end goal..but with new style DTM wing

Like the Edsel, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Best of success.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

getting super excited about this swap.....considering keeping it automatic...the TCM has the MTM chip soldered in....but i think it will be better manual and the truck is already 01E

01E for sure. FYI on the front subframe differences between allroad and RS... my post from while back... look at the rear mount points. The wider RS tunnel has wider mount points at rear of SF.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/allro...s/154034.phtml

You ever thought about just turning that RS into a ute?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

I'd be interested in the tcm, I'd swap for my non chipped for your chipped, plus cash of course.

Btw-Did you have a shop that burned down a couple years ago? I remember reading something about that on one of the forums, and seeing that blue allroad truck.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Guess we all know what happened to Marklar182's car after it was plowed in to on the freeway. Nice clean car.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31...-killed-my-car

Calling this a 'truck' is inaccurate. I doubt the load rating of the suspension from an Allroad would even classify as a Class 1. Cabriolet Wagon is more apt, but sounds just as silly. ha