Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revisit an old issue....rear end chatter on hard acceloration.

Yes, i spoke with Raxles,,,,they actually have an FAQ which discusses the very same chatter issue, it's from worn CV joints. LOL....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Yes, i spoke with Raxles,,,,they actually have an FAQ which discusses the very same chatter issue, it's from worn CV joints. LOL....

Mike
    did this fix your issue? Not sure we are experiencing the same thing or not but interesting. Is this FAQ Available online to read?? Thanks man.

I did not replace them yet......

This was the quote from Raxles.....

"The axles for your 2003 Audi RS6 are $249.95(fronts)and $299.95 (rears) per side. Please keep in mind when comparing prices that at Raxles™ we use NEW outer AND inner joints on all of our VW/Audi axles. (An industry exclusive) (See our website www.raxles.com/nogrind.htm .For further elaboration on this important fact)."

I am waiting for my car to be back on the road before I spend another dime on it.......

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

http://www.raxles.com/troubleshooting.aspx

See the trouble shooting table.....

Shudder while acceleration or deceleration. Worn inner CV joint. Replace worn shaft assembly.

A misaligned center drive shaft will product similar vibration if the joints are out of phase.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    A misaligned center drive shaft will product similar vibration if the joints are out of phase.
    Yeah my issue is the same one falltboat has but diff then Aronis. Only noise is coming from rear end in first only when pushed just a bit harder and only on acceleration. Eh...rebuilding the trans and replacing shafts, torque converter etc can only help at this point I guess. It's more annoying then anything else.

I'm with Bigglezworth on this one, do yourself a favor and at least check the center support bearing. Easy and free fix if it's just out of alignment.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.