Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S6 engine into RS6... can that be?

S6 engine into RS6... can that be?

Dear all
    Hi I have a 2003 RS6 engine is dead.. Some told me that I can install S6 2003 engine into my car... Is that possible.

Location?

That would be a sad waste of labor...if you're going to spend all that time on an engine swap just dig up an RS6 engine.

ECU would be the difference, probably plenty of other connections that would be a pain to change.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tamimii View Post
    Dear all
    Hi I have a 2003 RS6 engine is dead.. Some told me that I can install S6 2003 engine into my car... Is that possible.
    RS6 is an A6 chassis. You can install any year appropriate engine from the 2.7, 3.2 and 4.2 displacement. That said, you also need to consider the transmission will need to be changed, the ECU, and likely other odds and sods that deal with cooling systems. It's a host of work. Also a host of work swapping in a replacement RS6 mtor, but that is the more appropriate route for these cars. Exactly 'how' did you kill your RS6 motor? These are fine hand assembled engines that go the distance and then some.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Sell me your car

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    RS6 is an A6 chassis. You can install any year appropriate engine from the 2.7, 3.2 and 4.2 displacement. That said, you also need to consider the transmission will need to be changed, the ECU, and likely other odds and sods that deal with cooling systems. It's a host of work. Also a host of work swapping in a replacement RS6 mtor, but that is the more appropriate route for these cars. Exactly 'how' did you kill your RS6 motor? These are fine hand assembled engines that go the distance and then some.
    Well its located in Saudi Arabia.
    I was driving it a very long drive it looks that the oil pump was not working and then engine over heated..... Dead

Someone told me same ECU and gear box could be used. Its the same platform and body type....
    Its not easy to import a used engine

Well.... If you are ready to Handel export am read to get your offer

I do wish to fix it. But I did my best.... I need then engine block (cylinder) plus the crank shaft.... Any ideas where I can get to make it a live once again

Quote Originally Posted by Tamimii View Post
    I do wish to fix it. But I did my best.... I need then engine block (cylinder) plus the crank shaft.... Any ideas where I can get to make it a live once again
    Try looking on rs246.com, they are the European forum. Sorry to hear of the engine loss. I've seen them for $4-6k I think, but not one in a while. At least you know the rest of the car is good!

If you can, update your location that appears in the left side of these posts, you can do it in your user account preferences.

Maybe start contacting sellers of similar engine types, and search for wrecked cars. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/audi-v8-engine

Put this in if you do a swap, replaces plastic piece. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Aud...29d302&vxp=mtr
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

You only need a replacement engine if you can't repair the damaged parts. You can replace bearings, replace pistons, replace rings, machine crankshafts, machine rods, use oversize bearings, etc. Any reputable engine machine shop can do this work every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.... Overhaul of the engine can cost the same price as a replacement short block.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I assume you only mean the engine block? You just need to replace the block and potentially the heads; everything else should be fine. It would not make sense to put the whole S6 drivetrain in. I don't recall if there are any internal differences between the S6 and RS6 block and heads, just external differences (RS6 has biturbo, S6 does not).

Like Bigglezworth said, any reputable machine shop should be able to rebuild your engine, assuming there isn't too much damage.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    I assume you only mean the engine block? You just need to replace the block and potentially the heads; everything else should be fine. It would not make sense to put the whole S6 drivetrain in. I don't recall if there are any internal differences between the S6 and RS6 block and heads, just external differences (RS6 has biturbo, S6 does not).

Like Bigglezworth said, any reputable machine shop should be able to rebuild your engine, assuming there isn't too much damage.
    I do appreciate all your replies.. Its really helpful
    The issue that am not able to source a good condition engine block .
    Am thinking that if install the S6 engine block and engine head and then fix the RS6 intake manifold and turbo and exhaust manifold using the same ECU it should work
    Is this can be.....

For a few of the early years, the part number for the engine block is the same as the D3 A8 4.2.

I'm assuming that the other internals are different, but if you just need the block, then it is an option.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Dear
    Do you mean A8 engine block code D3 should fit? Which year so I can look for it.
    Thanks

Dear
    Do you mean A8 engine block code D3 should fit? Which year so I can look for it.
    Thanks

the D3 4.2 engine of early years, meaning '03, '04 and '05 i guess.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I'd repair the old engine or install another BCY engine.

An RS6 is an RS6 and you should keep it that way.

Best of luck.
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

[QUOTE=Primo;268322]I'd repair the old engine or install another BCY engine.

An RS6 is an RS6 and you should keep it that way.

Best of luck.[/QUOTE
    I do like an RS6 is an RS6....
    For that reason am doing my best to get the engine block... Wish me luck

Find a complete bcy engine. they are out there