Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Survey; When did your cam adjuster/tensioner(s) fail?

Quote Originally Posted by EINHORN View Post
    valve covers and hoses gonna match the belt for fashion sake?
    Can't see the belt so no...

Valve covers are going to be wrinkle red (later RS cars all had red), and the front boost pipe got a fresh coat of silver

I wont use silicone vacuum hose as it's collapsed under a little heat in my past turbo cars, the cheap black rubber stuff will work fine.

I'm loving how much more room removing the SAI gives, VC is easier to get off...but still hating the fuel lines and water pipe on the passenger side tho haha.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

With Silicone lines you have to be careful. Good quality High temp stuff out there (better temp than rubber). You just need to stay away from the cheap Ebay/rice stuff from China which is about as low of quality as you can get.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

RS cars should have red valve covers

BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Confirmed these were the issue with my car thus far. Either that or the gasket was leaking pretty bad and not letting oil stay up in there? There was the famous oil smell in the car after warm from the passenger side.

Anyway, new pads on the oem tensioners and a fresh gates belt cleared it all up so far.

Can anyone give feedback on the Blauparts enhanced valve cover set? How is their quality? Did the tensioner pads fit well? How have the seals been holding up?
    03 RS6 Avus Silver, Ebony Interior, 133K Mi, Yellow Koni's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, 0A3 6MT, Blake Beadle Custom Tune, Vin 905641

First set installed 3 year ago in 2002 A6 4.2, everything fit good, planning to do it again - timing belt set and valve cover enhanced set soon.

6 month ago installed in RS6 -valve cover enhanced set and timing belt set.
    Pads fit well, just need to make sure you push them all the way.

Andriy

What is the average cost of replacing cam adjuster for both sides?

Too much!
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by agent5150 View Post
    What is the average cost of replacing cam adjuster for both sides?
    OEM adjusters, $1,500 for the pair. Or just do pads, $50...the adjusters themselves can last a long time, but you never know.

Labor, $1,500-2k. Or do it yourself and hope you don't blow up the engine!

Parts, labor, and a few other small fixes I paid $3,800 last year...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Too much!
    That's the answer for everything with this car, ha!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Oh FOR GOD SAKE don't forget the 52 bolts at $1.24 each, can't reused the old ones! They are "Stretch Bolts" what ever that is! Part Number WHT002015, my local VW place wanted $2.56 each! A VW dealer in George had them for $0.84 each but only had TWO in stock. Pelican has them for $1.50 but not in stock, ECS has them for $1.24 but also not in stock. Got them from Audi Dealer, took two days, $1.24 each. Special Bolts for a Special Car, and I guess the ONLY AUDI to use such bolts is the RS6, otherwise my guy would have remembered to tell me to get them when I got the FRIGGEN CCT, so I could get them in one three hour round trip. You sensing the anger?

By the way the part number with the P for the CCT was first put into use 1/1/2007. So if you have an "E" it's the original.

Mike

(For sale soon....)
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    OEM adjusters, $1,500 for the pair. Or just do pads, $50...the adjusters themselves can last a long time, but you never know.

Labor, $1,500-2k. Or do it yourself and hope you don't blow up the engine!

Parts, labor, and a few other small fixes I paid $3,800 last year...
    Appreciate the details. Helps in planning annual budget for this car.