Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another visit to the drag strip, different ecu flash

Quote Originally Posted by Ringlord View Post
    Hey guys,sorry about the late reply. I'll get some logs this week. Any particular gear?
    It was quite cool that night, I'm sure that helps, since I have stock intercoolers...it was around 12 degrees Celsius. Elevation is about 271' at that track.
    Sorry,not sure what DA is?
    Makaveli, my 60ft times were 1.7 and 1.69...huge difference over your 2.1. That alone can make all the difference...
    BTW, I never sent logs back to marc, it was perfect as is. I had initially logged to make sure its safe, but don't have those logs anymore. I can tell you it runs less boost than the uni flash did. Marc's tune runs about 15lbs, while unitronic ran 18.

Did you launch with the left foot braking? Viper added that in my tune and the car will start to pull a tad and then when I let go of the brake it still launches like a big turd! Even tried the duck rat foot thing! A 1.69 60' would put me right there with Ya I think!
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    which Marc is this? I just had Marc tune my 6 speed conversion-stock otherwise- and got 466/525 atw on his dyno.
    10secS4 Marc...I'd love his tune! Just haven't seen logs on it and two people have had tk resend the ECU a few times to fine tune it, which honestly is great that he does that and gets it perfect...just can't do without my ride from time to time messing around to get it prefect! I also hate you for the 6dp ;0)
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Subscribed to this thread. I am extremely interested in seeing the logs
    I've been asking Marc and others for about two years now, nothing. I figure he tells people to not show numbers, or folks don't really care to share with the community. Still not convinced he's doing anything more than using some off the shelf software and changing the fuel/timing/boost. IF he's actually changing those numbers every 100 rpm or based on load I haven't seen much info. His advice on more timing and less boost is good, I adjusted accordingly and the car pulls hard, doesn't spin out of boost and heat up as much.

Makaveli, heat makes a world of difference, go do some runs when it's 40-60 degrees

I'll try and get to the strip this winter when it's below 70...
    Last edited by lswing; October 7th, 2014 at 04:15.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Aside from Marc, I was the only other person running this tune for 2-3 years plus. Recently there was an expanded user base after Marc elected to share the tune to others. I have never been asked to not post specs. Further to that I have no reason to believe doing so will offend the creator of the tune. I just have been admittedly lazy on the matter. I will do so at some time here when the roads are clear and I can make some decent pulls to get data. I have NEVER logged data with VAGCOM, so if someone wants to drop me a line via PM and or call me, I will look to see if I can record the information a number of members are so eager to see.

Tim
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    10secS4 Marc...I'd love his tune! Just haven't seen logs on it and two people have had tk resend the ECU a few times to fine tune it, which honestly is great that he does that and gets it perfect...just can't do without my ride from time to time messing around to get it prefect! I also hate you for the 6dp ;0)
    Ahhh.....I have a different Marc. I believe yours spells his name Mark.

Contact info

Quote Originally Posted by shamierc View Post
    Contact details for marc if possible?
    Please let us know how to contact this "Marc"

I have a spare ECU to send him to burn for me

thx

Quote Originally Posted by BuddRS6 View Post
    Please let us know how to contact this "Marc"

I have a spare ECU to send him to burn for me

thx
    PM is your friend...

http://www.rs6.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=5418
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Best way to reach me is via text at nine one four 327-1879.

I have posted several logs on this forum going back to 2009. I've also posted timeslips and videos. Search my username on the forum.

I have never told anyone to not post logs or any other information or data pertaining to my tune. That would be silly. None of this is top secret. I simply did more R&D work on the RS6 tune than the other tuners and as a result was able to perfect the tune.

Whoever said it takes a few times of shipping your ECU back and forth to get the car dialed in is also misinformed. All you need to do is overnight me your ECU once and I overnight it back to you the same day. I've also tuned some members' RS6s in person in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Marc
    I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

Still haven't seen a log in about two years. I suppose most people just put a tune on a figure it's good to go.

Just seems like there's always been a lack of info around the tuning, and if it's safe along with faster.

What I'm most interested in is the brand of software you're using, and the fuel trims. Aren't we limited with the ME7 ECU to fuel trims in general or under load, as opposed to a newer 3D map the WRX or Evo would use?

In regard to time, so many people seem to forget that temp and driver skill is a huge difference, along with a tight running car. I trust your car (driver) is fast, and the tune is strong, just want to see the real numbers on it and know if it's anything more than the standard ME7 timing/boost/fuel trims (load, decel, overall, secondary).
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com