Thread: Better place to sell?? Cali or New England?

Better place to sell?? Cali or New England?

I am in central California but will be moving to Newport R.I. next summer. Is there a better of the two places to try to sell if I decide to?
    APR ECU, FMU Intake, Catless DP's and Exhaust, AWE Mufflers, Milltek Tips, KW V3's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, APR DV's, Black Optic Headlights, Wagner Hoses, Denzo Plugs, BND Fluids, ACES IV, VMR RS4 Rims

Sell in New England as soon as you get there, as a central CA car - people go nuts over the possibility of getting a car that isn't 80% rust underneath

Second thought - were you planning to drive it there or ship it? Driving it there will run ~200 gallons of gas (being very lenient giving 15mpg highway), or ~$900 at gas prices here in the DC area. Shipping it will cost minimum $1200.
    Unless you've got no other option of what to drive to transport from CA to RI, sell it in CA. The markup in new england won't be enough to cover gas and wear/tear...

HTH
    O_E
    Last edited by Other_Erik; September 19th, 2014 at 12:55. Reason: second thoughts
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Well, I'm going to be selling mine too soon and I'm an hour or so from Newport, with that said folks are prolly going to take yours first over mine. So sell it in Cali I say !

Seriously though, Audis are a VERY popular car here in New England.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

The shipping costs/hassle alone would make me sell it in CA. I just shipped a few cars, again through DAS, they scratched one up and still won't pay for it, the other was fine (luckily the RS6). Cross country in the summer, plan on around $2,500 closed trailer, or around $1,700 during winter.

I think getting rid of that front plate and window sticker if you haven't already would help, looks too race car like, more prone to abuse.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com