Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Phoenix #904938

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Having read through that entire thread and dissected every step of the way, I've come to the conclusion that it's easier and cheaper to buy a trans from someone doing their manual swap than it is to refresh mine.

Refresh that one out of the car, then swap it in and refresh my old trans to either keep as spare or sell if the time ever comes...
    Agreed- Good approach and wish I had done method a couple of transmissions ago. ;0
    210K miles rolled

Car looks good. Get some spacers to push the wheel face to the edge of the fenders, 5-7mm, and it will look great. Also, get longer wheel bolts.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Car looks good. Get some spacers to push the wheel face to the edge of the fenders, 5-7mm, and it will look great. Also, get longer wheel bolts.

I was doing some reading and thought 5 mm would be just right. Thanks for the confirmation. I think I may have to come up a bit also, wanna go with the OEM 19" blades. I guess they are a Eu OEM wheel. I have seen the Hartmann reps though.

There were hartmann reps for sale in the for sale section by someone that i almost bought, might still be there.

Yes they are and at a nice price.

Do a search on the Hartmann's as they have a reputation for being soft and fairly easy to bend. And that is in the B5 S4 world where the cars are a lot lighter than ours.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Do a search on the Hartmann's as they have a reputation for being soft and fairly easy to bend. And that is in the B5 S4 world where the cars are a lot lighter than ours.
    Quick google search was all it took. Audizine and AudiWorld have threads complaining and some praising Hartmann. May have to rethink my wheel game.