Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: am I really going to have to part this out???

All I am saying, is for a car with the wrong brakes on the car, which are not cheap to replace. And a salvage title. 11k is too high in my opinion.

There are 2 RS6's on craigs right now, one with 110k and one with 125k for $12k and $13k.

Which if those cars are selling for $13k, 70% of that value is $9100. Which is all insurance would pay out on your car. SO paying $11k for a car and knowing insurance would only pay out $9k seems like a kick in the crotch before you even drive the car

If those cars are going for that price then something is broken too. Trans/suspension/maintenance...

Got some links for kicks?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

the car had the salvage title long before I bought it. and I called several insurance companies before picking american family, they had the best price, not one place said they wouldnt put full coverage on it. I feel like a lot of the "slavage title facts" that everyone thinks are all hear-say. does anyone besides me actually have first hand experience with a salvage title car?
    <2003 RS6-stock avus silver, 102xxx><2003 A4-hit a doe doing 70-totalled>
    <1979 2 door Caprice "Aerocoupe"- My First car>< 1979 2 door Impala><1968 Chevy K20>

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    the car had the salvage title long before I bought it. and I called several insurance companies before picking american family, they had the best price, not one place said they wouldnt put full coverage on it. I feel like a lot of the "slavage title facts" that everyone thinks are all hear-say. does anyone besides me actually have first hand experience with a salvage title car?
    The black beast I just bought a few months ago has a salvage title on it from 2005. I have NO problems whatsoever with insuring it. I researched the history, confirmed the repairs, had third party inspection, and purchased.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I was posting because I have actually gone thru it with insurance companies, and so has my brother.

Progressive who I have(which used to be awesome, have turned into complete dicks anymore) would not give me full coverage on a Touareg V10, they would only offer liability not comprehensive, which was totaled due to vandalism and fully repaired.

My younger brother has Allstate, and they would only offer the 70% of cars value on a newer Golf R that was totalled for hail damage and repaired. Local smaller bank would not offer a loan on a salvage title car, and went thru a credit union, but the credit required him to put more money down due to the 70% value of car insurance clause.