Thread: Newish member, but bought 905565....

Newish member, but bought 905565....

Hello, I've only been a member for a couple months, but I've been lurking for awhile. Well Saturday I brought home RS6 #905565. Mugello/Ivory, wood trim and nav. Completely stock, and only 43K on her clock. Complete service history through the same Audi dealership I work at. Motor was pulled at 32k and EGT's, timing belt/water pump, rear main seal, torque converter seal (one was leaking oil, according to the RO) and cam seals were all done.

I inspected the car pretty closely...found valve covers to be leaking again, (car was only been driving 4k in the last two years, so I figure the seals dried up) has a noisy rear wheel bearing, and the stupid soft touch buttons are wearing.

I super excited to have finally found the perfect one, I've been looking for the last 3 months. Driven quite a few, never felt like I had found the right one. And then this one falls in my lap, I couldn't pass it up. They wanted 27.5, but I got it for 22.5k.

Only pics I have at the moment are these I took with my phone during my inspection. But we've all seen a stock RS6...lol

-Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Welcome, looks good!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ever any trans repairs?

Vin is close to the cut off for good/bad TCs

Congrats. Looks like a nice one.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Firstly, congrats! Thought I'd mention a couple things I noticed in your photos. Core support is missing warning/info stickers. Not trying to insinuate it's been replaced. Some owners peel them off immediately. Just thought it was odd the hood decals remain intact. However, there is a rubber lower fan shroud seal that has been installed incorrectly. Check out the pics below. Otherwise, the Beast looks good!

Nice color combo. Take care of it and you can expect it to serve you well for many many many more thousands of miles...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Welcome, and congrats! Looks like you got a gem for a steal! 22,500 for a 43k mile example with full service history? Noice.

As an aside, anyone know the approx. ratio of Mugello with white interior vs. black interior? I only saw one with black interior (that being the exact color combo I was looking for), when I was in the market to buy an RS, but it was ~$12k worth of maintenance needed done...

Thanks
    O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Love that color combo...
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

It took me a year to find my Mugello/Ebony....and it was sheer luck it just showed up at my buddy's shop. Bought it on sight...
    2013 Audi S8

Mugello blue, black leather, carbon, perfect...a few nicks in the paint, but great condition otherwise, I paid a bit more knowing that color combo was what I wanted.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yep, I could have bought a Daytona/Ivory for about $4-5k cheaper, but waited until I found my car...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Firstly, congrats! Thought I'd mention a couple things I noticed in your photos. Core support is missing warning/info stickers. Not trying to insinuate it's been replaced. Some owners peel them off immediately. Just thought it was odd the hood decals remain intact. However, there is a rubber lower fan shroud seal that has been installed incorrectly. Check out the pics below. Otherwise, the Beast looks good!

This is the first thing I noticed, too.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Firstly, congrats! Thought I'd mention a couple noticed in your photos. Core support is missing warning/info stickers. Not trying to insinuate it's been replaced. Some owners peel them off immediately. Just thought it was odd the hood decals remain intact. However, there is a rubber lower fan shroud seal that has been installed incorrectly. Check out the pics below. Otherwise, the Beast looks good!

Huh, well next time I have the front off the car ill have to fix that, nice catch.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd