Thread: Ran when parked, now turns over, but wont start.

Ran when parked, now turns over, but wont start.

Greetings from Russia!

The car is RS6 C5, recently converted to MT using SteveKen's kit. It ran fine for a while, I drove it to work the other day, parked fine, shut it down and went to work. When I came back in the evening - the car won't start. Starter engages just fine, turns over, engine appears to still have compression.

ECU has no codes, apart from missing TCU.
    Got no spark, no "control" impulse to injectors.
    Fuses seem to be okay.
    Fuel is in the rail, fuel pump works (well, at the very least - one of them does).
    G28 (CPS) seems to be fine - tach needle functions properly, shows correct RPM when towing the car in gear (it still wont start this way).
    Replaced the driver's side cam sensor as well, but can't reach the passenger side one.
    Timing belt was done ~15K km ago.

I'm thinking either ECU failed somehow, or maybe timing belt jumped a tooth or two - no matter how unlikely that sounds.
    Will get the spare ECU in a day or two and rule that out.

Any other ideas?
    Thanks!

And apologies for my English.

Ecu

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Ecu

Did you sneeze?

For the original post, hope it gets sorted out quickly, glad to have an Evil Empire member on here!

And your English is great, not sure if you've visited the states, but there are plenty of folks who need to catch up with you.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I had a similar issue a few weeks back, and did not take long for the dealer to diagnose it as a faulty G28 (speed sensor).

Here is my post:
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...boost-and-misc

It indeed was the ECU.
    Last edited by nubcake; July 20th, 2014 at 15:30.

Yeah, it's from all the chicken dinners. I'm starting to grow feathers. Need to change the winner phrase to steak. Winner winner steak dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Did you sneeze?

For the original post, hope it gets sorted out quickly, glad to have an Evil Empire member on here!

And your English is great, not sure if you've visited the states, but there are plenty of folks who need to catch up with you.

Have you swapped out the ECU or is that what the dealer diagnosed it as? Couldn't imagine you would have been able to get a replacement ECU this quick. I was leaning towards the G28 sensor also as you are able to read codes from the ECU correct? Only code the ECU is showing is the TCU?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Took the ECU from the other car, plugged it into mine - and she fired up. Got shut down by immo afterwards of course.
    But yeah, all is fixed now.

If I unplugged the G28 - tach needle wouldn't move, and there would be a DTC for it.
    So, I figured that the G28 was fine.