Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme summer tires: B-stone RE-11

Extreme summer tires: B-stone RE-11

Anyone else tried this tire? Just put a set on today....
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Don't think right now, and the tire tests agree, that I could look at anything else but the Pilot Super Sports. The RE-11's pretty much tied the Yoko Advan AD-08 in the last C&D test but the Michelin's were out front a bit, and Tire Rack's test confirms the same.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

PSS's were the bogey, but for $750 rolling couldn't pass it up.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Anyone else tried this tire? Just put a set on today....
    My buddy runs these on his M5. Seems happy enough with them. I just put a set of Pzero's on the one ride here again. Came across a set of 4 w/ 8/32" in the local paper for $350. Can stomach not having the Rolls Royce of tires for that price.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I run these on my superleggeras and they are an awesome tire! I have no complaints.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    I run these on my superleggeras and they are an awesome tire! I have no complaints.
    What are those vehicles? Street and or track use?
    Cheers, G2/Gary

What are those vehicles? Street and or track use?
    Superleggera is a coach term for super light. Used by some of the Italian car manufacturers to label models that have been lightened. Otherwise they are one of the models that OZ wheels makes. Suspect he means the latter. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Haha sorry guys. I have them in a set of oz superleggera wheels from one of my old b5 s4s. I used them for daily driving and 1/4 mile. They are super quiet, super sticky and they still look brand new even 2 years later. At the 1/4 mile track I ticked off a 1.60 60 foot time which is amazing for a street tire. I have no complaints and I'm currently waiting for my new set of wheels to arrive and then will try to fit an re11 in 265/35/19 on them, otherwise I'm going with super sports
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

How in the hell did you get re11's for 750 bucks?!?!?

Did you only put on 2?
    PSS's were the bogey, but for $750 rolling couldn't pass it up.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    How in the hell did you get re11's for 750 bucks?!?!?

Did you only put on 2?
    Actually it was 3 tires, got a good deal eh! I just turn left, NASCAR style !
    But really, it was a warranty deal. I paid the upgrade cost after a low ball warranty coverage. That after tearing up a set of S04's that were under par.

The RE-11's seem light years ahead....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Superleggera is a coach term for super light. Used by some of the Italian car manufacturers to label models that have been lightened. Otherwise they are one of the models that OZ wheels makes. Suspect he means the latter. lol
    Thanks, knew that part, but wasn't thinking so acutely at the time to recall OZ wheels-- late afternoon sunday and all. Had various racing bicycles with Superleggera nomenclature. Cheers.
    Cheers, G2/Gary

Good to hear the RE-11's seem to hold up well, even in hard use. A B5 S4 won't likely be as hard on tires, but is a helpful indicator, relative to the double ton and then some RS6. Thanks Corbett.

Just semi-hammered my first corner tonight (tricky elevation drop, with a compression turn leading to a flat on-ramp). Wife said the car pulled harder than ever. Felt planted and didnt unload and slip like normal, normally at much lower threasholds. No ESP intervention = rocketing onto the freeway.
    Semi-amazed, certainly impressed for barely warmed up tires.
    Cheers, G2/Gary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	15212
    And not bad looking either.
    Cheers, G2/Gary

Drumroll.....made another switch. This time to the PSS's. Taking it easy on them for now.

Anyone else with 275/30's?
    Cheers, G2/Gary

Drumroll.....made another switch. This time to the PSS's. Taking it easy on them for now.

Anyone else with 275/30's?
    Nice! I've only run a few quality summer performance tires before, but man am really impressed with the PSS. Stock size for me on 18's. I call it a feeling of driving on giant erasers, super sticky on dry, and felt very controlled in wet.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

As luck would have it, I stumbled across a used set of PSS's with 75% tread left for $300 skins. I dropped them off at the shop this afternoon and will be rolling on them for Monday evening. Certain to be an improvement to the PZero's.

I had a set of RE-11's on my S4, great tire. Good ride, great handling, but crappy tire life. I think I only got about 7k out of them.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Good stuff. Nice used tire purchase.

The new PSS's seem to have mostly solved my biggest issues: flat spotting when parking over night. And the intense ride quality hardness (B-stone S04's and RE11's).

Surprised how noisy the PSS are, seem to have a certain resonance about them. Can even feel it thru my feet and hands at certain speeds. But otherwise are very supple riding for being so low and wide.

See how they handle after their first rebalance (not off to a good start). Given up on the local tire shops (nice guys and all). Buying my own machines. Have a heady shop equipment deal pending with that and other goodies.
    Cheers, G2/Gary