Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what mods are needed to go beyond 600Hp

what mods are needed to go beyond 600Hp

I have 3" DP milteks, miltek decat, new turbos, recent intercoolers, stage 2 remap, I think the car is pushing 540-550Bhp
    I have Recaro CS Sport seats currently being reupholstered in my cognac hide. The new Seats are mainly to strip some excess weight in the car and keep me planted in the seats in the twisties. The lumbar support with OEM seats isn't that good. I've also got a lightweight voltphreak battery on order. All in all I expect to shift about 60Kg.

My local motorsport is creating some new intercoolers as they can build some slightly bigger and better than Wagner's, and there's some extra BHP to gain from this, but not much. They say this will be more beneficial when pushing for more BHP in other areas. They are also changing my PSS9 to Bos Suspension as my Pss9 setup is rubbish. and they've done all they can even made me some springs to try and help - which improved things massively.
    They are also swapping the C6 Callipers and Loba 390mm rotor setup, for a new custom bell design with 390MM rotors and AP 6 pot brakes. I've had various issues with the loba brake setup and c6 callipers. Topic for another day.

So my question to everyone is, what have people done to go beyond 540Bhp (suppliers, parts, approx. cost would be really useful, as I'm sure I won't be alone).

many thanks
    Last edited by yorkrs6+; July 6th, 2014 at 22:24.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	15342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0884_1.jpg 
Views:	707 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	15343
    I should at least post some pictures of my rs6+ (279)
    cognac interior, I even had the original piped floor mats remade with rs6 logo ( a hot topic on its own) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2900.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	15344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2873.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	15345

Nosssssssss
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Jk about the NOS. Although I've been waiting to see a RS6 with it... Ever consider a meth kit? You'd be able to run a more aggressive tune and get more HP for sure. Especially if you have new turbos and ICs.
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

You might try dahlback racing in Sweden as they supposedly have a 620 hp chip. This would need to go with lavalvesrger turbos, say from Loba motorsports. Then there is the engine prep, i.e. heads, manifolds, valves and so forth.

Good luck to you.

Regards,

Aaron

Manual trans, then you'll have space for bigger turbos, and handle the power or fix easier at least. Fuel pump(s), rails, injectors, tune. There are a few 600+ cars on here, one running E85. Sounds fun, enjoy!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Even with high volume meth, fully modified intake track, larger IC's and your current exhaust setup I wouldn't think stock turbos could pump 600hp. Plan on upgrading exhaust manifolds and turbos (added to those other bits) and you will break 600HP. If you have extra funds get your intake manifold (or an extra one) extrude honed. Definitely need an 01E trans to take full advantage... and shave 100+ lbs right there (I cant recall exact numbers, 125 lbs lighter? guys?).
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Exhaust manifolds are the main problem.

What issues are you having with the c6 brake setup?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Bigger turbo internals + fueling (I have 5 bar FPR), meth + good tune and you should be there easliy, at the crank that is. Try meth and custom tune with your current setup, you should be running very close to 600 crank, the auto trans probably won't like it though.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Thread jack: Hey Avus-RS6, how is that 4:1 center diff under load in the rain? Any drivability squirrels running under the car?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Took it in the snow a few times, playful but still not tail happy under throttle. No issues whatsoever with it, but I'd not bother unless you're doing a rear diff also.
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Not wanting to go down meth or NOS route. Manual conversion is tempting, but major amount of work, and if I was doing that, I'd go motor sport route, the racing company i'm dealing with suggested they could adapt race spec semi auto box with road gears instead of race spec gears (noise), again major work, ecu headaches .... but major cost... and big unknown. For now I'll stick with existing autobox which is good for my daily driving. However, I do expect a rebuild to cope with the extra power. How could I source all the internals to ge tthis redone by my motor sport company instead? ie buy a kit from the company in the US. Don't want to send the box to the US - major hassle.
    Any suggestions on make model, suppliers: Fuel pump, rails, injectors, hybrid turbos (has anyone used the loba hybrid turbos?) Would be good to chat someone who has done all this.

C6 brakes and Loba 390 setup has been a major headache. Fantastic braking but major vibration problems after 1500miles - yes warping - had them surfaced a few times, tried various brands of pads at major expense, had new bells, new ap rotors - to only have same issues every 1500 miles. In the end had call in a motorsport company to work out what was going wrong. Combination of things - Rotor Size, design of bell /rotors with c6 callipers and positioning of pad /rotor / calliper. Heat. I have the phaeton brake cooling ducts and braded pipes etc. I'd be on the forum all day on this topic. Anyway the brakes have improved with wear. Similar headache with pss9 setup. Hence, back to drawing board with brakes and suspension. Yorkshire UK roads are not for the Pss9 (autobans and motorways).
    C5 RS6+, PSS9, Stage2 ECU, TCU, H & R Sway Bars, C6 Callipers (Red) & Loba 390MM, LED sidelights / Number plate / interior Seat Cup R spoiler, Recaro CS Seats, Cognac Interior, 6lb Battery, 3" DP, Decat Miltek Plus Exhaust, Inpro LED, 19" RS5 Alloys

You can get Blouch to rebuild the turbos with larger internals through AMD or EPL, I'm pretty sure they don't like to deal with the general public though. Money no object, I'd have tial 770's put on the car. When (if) my turbos pop, that's what I'll be doing. Should be good for an easy 600 awhp.

It sounds like you drive your car had on crappy roads. If you're into the brakes so hard that they are warping it sounds like the car needs more cool down after hard driving. Perhaps an over simplification, but no brakes like to be stopped hot.

Not sure what's wrong with the PSS9, I'm happy with mine but only have a few thousand miles on them. I've heard that the Ohlin TTX sold through Performance Shock Inc. in California is the new gold standard for coilovers.

Yes, you'd think my driving style must be full on racing mode to warp those disks, but it was combination of bell design, rotor, pad and position in calipers, that creates this (it also being an auto doesn't help when sat stationary), bare in mind I have cooling ducts as well. This also happened each time I was in south of france in temperatures between 30-36C. The reality was I was just cruising on French auto with possibly one or two real hard stops when scrubbing off warp speed.

Anyway thanks for the info re turbos and shocks not heard of Ohlin TTX - what makes these the new gold standard? My worry would be similar to pss9 - ie fine on motorways, decent A roads, where as country back roads have a lot more going on. It's the fast road bump rate in pss9 that causes a lot steering wheel feedback. Possibly not helped by 390 rotors. Improved massively by new front custom springs. It is the helper spring within the stock pss9 setup that never gets to work due to spring travel, this was causing me all my issues, and according to many others who can tell when the suspension is setup correctly. Hence my motor sport created a custom setup, but in the end they needed the bump and rebound rates to be independently adjustable to dialout the issues, which isn't possible with pss9. I've previously used KWv3 in a E39 M5 which were v good, but every 3 months I was having to retune them, which was a major pain. My motor sport is suggesting BOS - they look the dogs danglies ! but I just want the suspension to work. I've contemplated going back to DRC several times now.
    C5 RS6+, PSS9, Stage2 ECU, TCU, H & R Sway Bars, C6 Callipers (Red) & Loba 390MM, LED sidelights / Number plate / interior Seat Cup R spoiler, Recaro CS Seats, Cognac Interior, 6lb Battery, 3" DP, Decat Miltek Plus Exhaust, Inpro LED, 19" RS5 Alloys

Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Exhaust manifolds are the main problem.
    Personal experience? Add'l comments?
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Personal experience? Add'l comments?
    It had been discussed here a couple years back and more on the rs246.com forum in the UK. The Gumpert Apollo has pretty much the same engine, but with bigger turbos and different exhaust manifolds. That engine makes 800 HP. There is a company in Europe that has fabbed up less restrictive exhaust manifolds, but I think they want like 3k for the set.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    It had been discussed here a couple years back and more on the rs246.com forum in the UK. The Gumpert Apollo has pretty much the same engine, but with bigger turbos and different exhaust manifolds. That engine makes 800 HP. There is a company in Europe that has fabbed up less restrictive exhaust manifolds, but I think they want like 3k for the set.

I still have my doubts about this. Stock 2.7t exhaust manifolds still have made over 740whp with appropriate turbos. I would think the facts that the rs6 manifolds are slightly larger AND tubular would help make even more. Only one way to find out I guess
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA