Thread: Canadian RS6 owners ..

Canadian RS6 owners ..

Been lurking for a while .. I don't own a RS6 .. I do have a C5 S6 6speed .. so not a bad 2nd place option.

Question .. I have seen some posts from Canadian RS6 owners who have mentioned the idea, in two years, of importing a European rs6.

Does anyone know what the process would be for that?

I am about to leave for the UK for 3wks and was going to do some digging around .. in terms of what might be for sale .. but more importantly maybe get a relationship going with a dealer or something .. is this worth the time?

Thanks.

C5 RS6 UK with right side drive?
    C6 RS6 petrol thirsty V10 TT to squish a GT-R?
    C7 RS6? - if cost isn't a limitation

Assuming a C5: most in the UK are right side drive and avant, which would appeal to many on this side of the pond.

I would check with Canada Import/Export regulations and whatever transportation authority there is on vehicle safety regs.
    Also how does Can use the equivalent to a US VIN for an export car?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

15 year RIV ban expires for 2002 C5 models in 2017. The process for importing from across the pond are pretty much the same as importing from the US. Go to RIV.ca and check out the FAQ there, or call if them if you have any more questions.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

For the U.S. they have to be 25yrs or older I believe to be exempt. Most of those older cars you want are now becoming expensive classics. May you Northerners will become our conduit??? Wonder if you'll be able to re-import a car to the U.S. from Canada if it was imported under those rules into Canada from Europe?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

You can drive the sum bi#$h on US soil with Canada plates.

Snowbirds do it every year.....1/2 of AZ has Canada plates in the winter. The other 1/2 are illegals.