Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: For Sale: 2003 RS6 6 speed

Wow $40k to $10k?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Yeah, it cost me almost $4 per mile to drive/own that thing. I am hoping the RS7 won't be quite that bad. lol
    Signal Green RS7

Well nuts... I would have snagged that for 10k in a heartbeat, or even 15k most likely. Been lurking around looking for another RS6 and Daytona gray is my first choice.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 716YETI View Post
    Yeah, it cost me almost $4 per mile to drive/own that thing. I am hoping the RS7 won't be quite that bad. lol
    had to put a cheap used tranny in but my rs6 has been VERY reliable ..ive put 10k miles on since march

I'm sorry, did you really sell this for 10k? If so, add me to the list of people disappointed about missing this deal...
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

There are a ton of tire kickers out there. Everyone who actually saw it and drove it said it is awesome but they kept hemming and hawing. I really don't get it, it was $20,000 not $200,000! If you have to think that hard about $20,000 maybe you really should not be buying a car like this, maybe you should go buy a Civic.

I remember a bit by Eddie Murphy where he said something like, "The shit is like luggage or herpes, once you get it you have it for life." That is how I felt about the RS6. lol
    Signal Green RS7

When I was a teenager I paid $15,000 for an NA 944 with about 140hp. To think what this kid got for the money 25 year later... LOL
    Signal Green RS7

So is this still for sale?

Dibs if it is! But no.... Look back a few posts, sold for $10k.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

wow that's crazy you made the biggest mistake by selling the car here, you should have listed on E-bay im sure you would have gotten $15k+ all day long

Wow. I live in Buffalo too. Had I known $10k would've done the job, I would've been at your doorstep months ago. Personally, I wouldn't have let it go for less than $15k, but to each their own. Besides, you've got an RS7 to help you through the postpartum depression that usually follows after you sell an RS6. I bet that thing is nasty.
    03 RS6 | CF Interior | KW V3's | 19 x 9.5 VMR 701's | 255/35-19 Continental DWS | GIAC Tune | Milltek Non-Res Exhaust - Black Tips | Stėrn Adjustible Control Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    While I don't disagree with your points, many others will. The majority of owners (as confirmed with numerous posts on numerous threads), prefer the auto. This car isn't a 25yr old male ego trip and a Friday night drag special, but entirely the opposite as a refined luxury sport that you take your wife in and go on road trips with. Many (if not most) owners don't desire sitting in traffic with a worn out left leg simply to experience 'fun' as you put it. The plethora of OEM tranny's have already failed - no dispute. They have since all been replaced with a different tranny with different build specs and different TQ. In being on this forum and a couple of others, I can count only one instance whereupon the replaced unit failed a second time. Yes it costs $6-8K to replace a tranny (irrespective of whether it's 5Tip or 6MT), and doing so is just a cost of being the person who first had the tranny fail.

As for suspensions - yes it costs to replace the illfated DRC if you so choose. Suspensions can be altered for as little as $500-$600 skins which is cheaper than the price of maintaining the front brakes. Bottomline I remain of opinion that whether you have a 5Tip or a 6MT though, you don't end up with a vehicle that appreciates in value due to 'the weakest link' being changed and other upgrades that the next person in line to buy might not share your same personal taste. Only you as a seller will be able to determine if this is in fact the case. Given that you are still trying to sell your car for a price that exceeds the 45+ cars out there currently for sale, I think I'm safe in assuming you're going to keep the car and enjoy all the hard work, time, and $$ you've sunk in to it.

Again, best of success with whatever you end up choosing.
    i paid 12.900 for mine 7 months ago with 98k miles on it and have put 34k miles on it in that short time.. when i bought it i got burned on a slipping trans that didnt present itself till it was driven 50-100 miles ..drove it that way for 5k miles until i finally found a cheap high mile used trans and i bought a level 10 TC ..the whole parts n labor set me back 3000.00 ..was well over 20k miles ago and it still works like a new car.. i have 133k on the clock now and it runs/drives like 30k ..recently bought a 6spd manual 2.7 A6 sport pkg for a winter car and future trans donor for 1900 bux... but i'm really enjoying that little 2.7 manual , so i'm in no hurry to get my swap on ..but it gives me an idea of just how fun my RS will be with that trans in it ..

i have the stock DRC that was updated before i got it..also the turbos were rebuilt along with receipts for 25k worth of work done to it 1400 miles before i bought it , was a one owner car and i guess his aftermarket warranty was expring and he had the dealership do EVERYTHING including the timing and vaklve covers , brakes..etc ...the only issue i have had with the car other than the trans is a CEL that keeps coming on for the SAI that i keep clearing every 2k miles or so with my 6 dollar ebay blue tooth OBD and my free phone ap..lol.. been a great car and i dont mind the auto , i like having the manual A6 around for a change of pace , though my future does have the swap in its sights .

.i'm looking for a cheap stage 1 tune for it now.. just had a "free" tune put on my 2.7 winter beater a couple days ago ,with launch control when i hold the clutch in too , pretty cool ..lol (i'm easily amused)
    Last edited by hoam skooled; October 1st, 2016 at 20:52.