Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale: 2003 RS6 6 speed

Any updates?

Does it have factory nav or did you put in rns-e? What was wrong with the headlights on now? Please post pics.

I just stopped by my local restoration guy this morning to get a quote on fixing some paint on the car and installing the new headlights. I think the new headlights will make the car look ten times better, the old are showing their age.
    Signal Green RS7

Note: The paint work is cosmetic, no damage to any metal.
    Signal Green RS7

Quote Originally Posted by 716YETI View Post
    Steve Kendrish installed the tranny and did a ton of maintenance at the same time. I have only driven the car a few thousand miles since he did all of the work. I believe he will back me up in saying the car is pretty nice.

Here are some mods...
    meth injection - epl custom dyno tune - custom downpipes & exhaust - Wagner ICs - Blouch hybrid turbos - Hyperboost diverter valves - turbo timer - kw v3 coilovers - Hotchkis Sport Sway bars - 6 speed transmission - Southbend Stage 4 clutch.

The dyno sheet from the previous owner was at 444awhp. I added the Wagners. IIRC Steve said he gained almost 15% just from the manual transmission. The car scoots pretty well.
    The car has been in storage since November 2013. (I did notice a tiny puddle of oil under it.) The car has about 89000 miles on it.

Daytona Grey with Ebony interior.

Asking price: $40,000. (I purchased the car for $30,000 and put over $20,000 into it.)

I've been a long time lurker, but TTBoost is a friend. His old RS6 was supposed to be mine but the timing sucked, been in his and considering it was almost immaculate with 19' forged Volks TE 37's and that it sold for $22k .... I am a real buyer at the $20-22k level if yours is as nice.

Also, I am in the Albany area- so shipping isn't necessary... I am however coming close to making a move on my next toy, so by the end of next week I plan on buying something.

If you'd like , email me at rs2racer@gmail to discuss .

Thanks in advance,

Mike Lardizabal

For those who don't know what an RS6 looks like. (Sorry about the rain.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	15475   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	534 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	15473   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	476 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	15474   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	451 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	15476   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	428 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	15477   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	429 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	15478  

Last edited by 716YETI; September 6th, 2014 at 15:05.
    Signal Green RS7

I won't sell it for $22,000, I will just keep it rather than let it go for that little. Thanks though.
    Signal Green RS7

Test Drive

Had the opportunity to test drive the 2003 RS6 6 speed.

I am in the market for a used performance car. I was drawn to the RS6 based on its specs. and the all wheel drive. Concern for the torque converter lead me a manual transmission.

The test drive confirmed my interest in the car. The torque is phenomenal--it responds in any gear from 3rd to 6th, even uphill. Mike thinks it will run a sub-12 second quarter mile. I agree.

Although it is not my top priority this car was meticulously cared for. Any slight imperfection has been or is in the process of being fixed.

The reason I did not make an offer is the concern for operating cost. For example, Mike said two headlights he purchased cost $1300.

Although I hate to walk away, I cannot take the risk.

Shouldn't you have thought about that before you went for a joyride in someone's car????
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

He was genuinely interested, I may have scared him off when discussing repair costs of Audis. lol

I am glad he drove it so at least I have a testimonial from someone that this car is legit.
    Signal Green RS7

I won't sell it for $22,000, I will just keep it rather than let it go for that little. Thanks though.
    I totally understand- worth can only truly be measured by the owner. Cheers.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by RS2racer View Post
    I've been a long time lurker, but TTBoost is a friend. His old RS6 was supposed to be mine but the timing sucked, been in his and considering it was almost immaculate with 19' forged Volks TE 37's and that it sold for $22k .... I am a real buyer at the $20-22k level if yours is as nice.

Mike Lardizabal
    Just because TT gave his away doesn't mean that is what Yeti's car is worth. You should have definitely jumped on that at $22K. Sportec R600 car sold for what recently? (really, I don't know but it was much more) It has its engine out and is being rebuilt with LOTS of $$$ still to be spent.

Yeti, I think $30K is a better price for your car, spit shined with dyno sheets, and you'll likely get it or close to it if properly marketed, not just on RS6.com where the mystique of these cars is pretty much gone. RS6 + Hybrids and meth + manual trans is an amazing combination, and rare one at that. Autotrader, ebay, craitslist, basically full market exposure should yield good results. You'll get tons of calls and emails, sure, but that's what it takes to realize full market value sometimes.

Good luck!
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Thanks Avus.

Does anyone know how many 6 speeds are out there? Highly(somewhat) modified 6 speeds? This car/set-up is pretty rare.
    Signal Green RS7

The only ones I've seen command that price level are extremely low mileage stock pampered garage queens (Kings in this case).

With more of the money moving to the newer models, could see the next 5 years being really hard on these cars as the market sees a new influx of these cars coming onto the market....

Seller of my car moved into a new Q7 TDI and didn't want to accept the ridiculous trade in "value". Subsequently bought mine for under 20K with only 72K on it. And always a west coast car.....

Best of luck, prove us wrong.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

OP. You will eventually realize that the car will only sell for what someone is willing to pay for it. That number is in all likelihood to be less than what you desire. Not good news, not bad news - just the news. At the end of the day it's still a 10 year old RS6 irrespective of how little or how much it's been driven, and irrespective ouf what 'mods' have been made to it. Not everyone wants the hassle of the 6MT. Not everyone values the big $$ you have spent on various bolt on items that may or may not make it a tad quicker than other RS6's that are just tuned or the like. I have had many performance cars over the years and still have a more than decent stable out back. I learned a long time ago that mods on a car never increase it's value when it comes time to sell. You will always be further ahead financially to sell a car in good OEM condition and sell the after market parts separately.

Anyway it sounds like another nice ride. Best of success with your sale. I will look to add a 6MT to my stable at some point also, but need to sell one or two of the trio already sitting here first. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

One of the many reasons I would not pay $20,000 for a stock RS6 is because Audi automatic transmissions were complete rubbish. Not only has the performance been upgraded but, the 3 weakest links of this car have been eliminated changing it from a quick money trap to a quite fast and much more reliable and fun vehicle.
    I guess what I am saying is, this car has been transformed so comparing it to stock is pointless.
    My 2 cents.
    Signal Green RS7

One of the many reasons I would not pay $20,000 for a stock RS6 is because Audi automatic transmissions were complete rubbish. Not only has the performance been upgraded but, the 3 weakest links of this car have been eliminated changing it from a quick money trap to a quite fast and much more reliable and fun vehicle.
    I guess what I am saying is, this car has been transformed so comparing it to stock is pointless.
    My 2 cents.
    While I don't disagree with your points, many others will. The majority of owners (as confirmed with numerous posts on numerous threads), prefer the auto. This car isn't a 25yr old male ego trip and a Friday night drag special, but entirely the opposite as a refined luxury sport that you take your wife in and go on road trips with. Many (if not most) owners don't desire sitting in traffic with a worn out left leg simply to experience 'fun' as you put it. The plethora of OEM tranny's have already failed - no dispute. They have since all been replaced with a different tranny with different build specs and different TQ. In being on this forum and a couple of others, I can count only one instance whereupon the replaced unit failed a second time. Yes it costs $6-8K to replace a tranny (irrespective of whether it's 5Tip or 6MT), and doing so is just a cost of being the person who first had the tranny fail.

As for suspensions - yes it costs to replace the illfated DRC if you so choose. Suspensions can be altered for as little as $500-$600 skins which is cheaper than the price of maintaining the front brakes. Bottomline I remain of opinion that whether you have a 5Tip or a 6MT though, you don't end up with a vehicle that appreciates in value due to 'the weakest link' being changed and other upgrades that the next person in line to buy might not share your same personal taste. Only you as a seller will be able to determine if this is in fact the case. Given that you are still trying to sell your car for a price that exceeds the 45+ cars out there currently for sale, I think I'm safe in assuming you're going to keep the car and enjoy all the hard work, time, and $$ you've sunk in to it.

Again, best of success with whatever you end up choosing.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

It's a smaller market for RS6 with a manual and I tend to agree with Yeti that it's not realy comparable to the auto cars out there. Add a few to several grand for the manual conversion and upgrade mods and someone is bound to appreciate the time and money spent and pay more for it because they too don't care for two pedal performance cars. Look at the B5 S4 market, stage 3 cars are around double the price of stock cars when done well and enthusiasts don't even consider the tip's. Plus, you can't really even go "stage 3" on the RS6 without the trans conversion. All said, the manual RS6 is marketable to a different market than stock, younger, more engaged in their driving experience, and willing to pay for performance.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps