Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG dealer discount???

Question BIG dealer discount???

I have went to several dealers and found that I could get a Ebony Pearl with Balck interior, Nav and Sound Enhance Exhaust for $79,990.00 with the gas guzzler tax.

Is this a good deal or can I do better?

Thanks,
    ROB
    2002 996 TT
    2003 Viper SRT/10
    2003 BMW M3 SMG CAB
    2003 Hummer H2
    2004 Mercedes E55
    2003 Cobra
    2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO
    2004 Toyota Sienna AWD Limited
    2000 Excursion Limited
    2003 Wild West Vigilante

[url=http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/robydi2001]Pics of My Stable[/url]

Srt,
    I would jump all over that. Unlesss the salesman is flat out lying to you that is a bargin in my opinion.
    Man that is one nice looking stable you have there. I really love the lift storage for the Viper. Did the Ram quad cab have a Hemi?
    An Ebony RS6 would be the icing on the cake for your stable.
    It is good to have you on board and hope to hear more from you soon.
    Please keep us up to date on what you deside with the RS6.
    Take care,
    Stuart
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

I spoke with the dealer this morning. He said that he could move another $500.00.

My question is why is there soooo many RS6's still available, but I can not find a E55 with out a 6 month to a 1 year wait???

The Ram has a Cummins HO Diesel. I did some work on the engine and she pushes about 500HP, 700 LBS TQ.

ROB
    2002 996 TT
    2003 Viper SRT/10
    2003 BMW M3 SMG CAB
    2003 Hummer H2
    2004 Mercedes E55
    2003 Cobra
    2000 Excursion Limited
    2003 Wild West Vigilante

Srt10Viper Wrote:
    My question is why is there soooo many RS6's still available, but I can not find a E55 with out a 6 month to a 1 year wait???
    That is also my question... I looked at the E55 before I bought the RS6 but my local dealer was marking the E55 up so much I passed. I should have known something was up when they had one and the Audi dealer had 3 RS6's. Anyway I will kep telling myself they are limited numbers and the RS6 is better in curves or something.

Chaos
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

Some thoughts

for E55, I've read the following:

"The 5 passenger viper"
    "faster than a Ferrari"
    "fastest sedan ever brought to the US"

Lots of "go fast" press for the E55!

RS6 slinked into the US for one year and is gone with far less advertising and fanfare than the MB.

Lots of "too expensive" press for the RS6

Besides, Audi is still playing runner up to BMW and MB with respect to prestige.

Pay more for an RS6 and watch it depreciate faster than the less costly E55. Differential in overall cost of ownership will be significant

If you buy the E55, you'll have the fastest sedan (until the E60 M5 appears); buy the RS6 and you'll have the better overall driver's car.

Ultimately...

Originally posted by sturs6
    That is also my question... I looked at the E55 before I bought the RS6 but my local dealer was marking the E55 up so much I passed. I should have known something was up when they had one and the Audi dealer had 3 RS6's.
    There will probably be in excess of 10x as many of the Chrysler than the RS 6; I constantly see E55's (new and old) and M5's, I have only seen one other RS 6 on the road other then mine.

That being said, Audis will not hold their value like the other German marquees.

Originally posted by sturs6
    That is also my question... I looked at the E55 before I bought the RS6 but my local dealer was marking the E55 up so much I passed. I should have known something was up when they had one and the Audi dealer had 3 RS6's. Anyway I will kep telling myself they are limited numbers and the RS6 is better in curves or something.

Chaos
    I know what you mean about Merc mark-ups. I was just in my local dealership, saw an S55 with a $5000 market adjustment sticker next to the price tag.
    That blew me away. :bigeyes:
    :s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Well, I found a 2004 E55 Demo at a dealer around the corner. I put a deposit on it and I am going to look at it tonight. Here is the "deal". It has 4900 miles on it and it stickers at $83,255.00. The salesman said, without blinking a eye, he would give me $2500.00 off MSRP. The car is silver with black interior, Xenon package, Handsfree phone with V-60 and the CD Changer.

We will see.

Thanks,
    ROB
    Last edited by srt10viper; December 19th, 2003 at 16:19.
    2002 996 TT
    2003 Viper SRT/10
    2003 BMW M3 SMG CAB
    2003 Hummer H2
    2004 Mercedes E55
    2003 Cobra
    2000 Excursion Limited
    2003 Wild West Vigilante

Originally posted by srt10viper
    My question is why is there soooo many RS6's still available
    I can think of a few reasons:

1. The original AoA plan was to have the car available on advance order only. Many did order, there was a waiting list, but orders fell through because...and THAT is the $64K question (or should I say the $82.7K question?). My guess is that since the economy was still poor, uncertain, etc., until recently, many who ordered decided they had higher priorities than spending $83-90K on a car. I know I considered cancelling, and I insisted that the only way I wouldn't cancel was to let me decide after my car arrived -- which I did.

2. The first comparo I saw in a car mag put the RS6 3rd; that may have cost a few orders, too. (Later comparos were won by the RS6.)

3. Audi increased its US allocation, from 860 to 900-something to, finally, a figure they will not reveal except to say it's "a little over 1000" and probably about 1200 (per my AoA Owner Advocate).

Why did Audi increase its allocation? Got me; maybe their people weren't reading forum posts or eBay, where excess beasts started showing up shortly before they announced the increase, or at least before I heard about it. My guess now is that they know they made a mistake but there's no way they'll own up to it. The allocation increase was, in retrospect, clearly dumb IMO.

Wait-

Sticker is at $83,255.00 for the E55 with THOSE "options". Man they option what appears to be just everything. I think the E55 is great looking car that is fast in a straight line and will hold its value better that the RS6. I agree with most thats been said here, the RS6 is more of a drivers car with just about NO marketing money behind it. I think I saw one print add and thats it. Also, traditionally Audi has not held its value very well againts other German manufactures.

I got the car because I love audi's and the AWD does it for me. I have never purchase a brand new car, the RS6 was my first. I always waited about a year and let someone else take the hit on the depreciation and then get the car with low miles. I decided to by this car new because I wanted it excatly the way I got it, I figured that it would be unlikely that I could find a used one the same way. I may have been wrong on that one, still I love the car and have no regrets as I hardly EVER see them and I get approached almost dailly about the car. Both cars are fantastic, just different. Good luck with you decission.

Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I just found another E55 that someone backed out of this morning. It is BRAND NEW 2004 with DVD Navigation, Adaptive Xenon headlights, Cd Changer, Rear sunblinds, tire pressure monitor. The sticker is $83,700 and the dealer said he will work with me on the price. I put the deposit on this one and cancelled the DEMO deposit.

I love both cars. The one thing that concerns me is I have seen a few 2003 E55's with 5K miles go for $85,000. I also see 2003 RS6 with the same miles go for $75,000. I am worried in the long run for the Audi.

I also LOVE the A8L. I am going to see if they put the RS6 engine in the S8. If so this E55 is gone......

Thanks again guys you have been a great source for info. I will let you all know tomorrow if I buy this E55.

Happy Holidays,
    ROB
    2002 996 TT
    2003 Viper SRT/10
    2003 BMW M3 SMG CAB
    2003 Hummer H2
    2004 Mercedes E55
    2003 Cobra
    2000 Excursion Limited
    2003 Wild West Vigilante

I just found another E55 that someone backed out of this morning. It is BRAND NEW 2004 with DVD Navigation, Adaptive Xenon headlights, Cd Changer, Rear sunblinds, tire pressure monitor. The sticker is $83,700 and the dealer said he will work with me on the price. I put the deposit on this one and cancelled the DEMO deposit.

I love both cars. The one thing that concerns me is I have seen a few 2003 E55's with 5K miles go for $85,000. I also see 2003 RS6 with the same miles go for $75,000. I am worried in the long run for the Audi.

I also LOVE the A8L. I am going to see if they put the RS6 engine in the S8. If so this E55 is gone......

Thanks again guys you have been a great source for info. I will let you all know tomorrow if I buy this E55.

Happy Holidays,
    ROB
    2002 996 TT
    2003 Viper SRT/10
    2003 BMW M3 SMG CAB
    2003 Hummer H2
    2004 Mercedes E55
    2003 Cobra
    2000 Excursion Limited
    2003 Wild West Vigilante

RS8 Thats what ya want. I know that would be the car that replaces our S8. I see a 610hp V10 twin turbo fitting nicely in the engine bay
    Bauer

01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I have went to several dealers and found that I could get a Ebony Pearl with Balck i

The rs6 one many comparrisons and if you are paying the same amount take the rs6 and you could probaly get the dealer to take some more $ off

The only reason to buy an RS6 is because you want it, not because you want to get rid of it.

I drive in the winter. If an Audi again saves my life because of quattro, it is worth ten or twenty grand in depreciation.

If you want to go fast in a straight line, buy a top fuel dragster. (Oh, that's right...we're talking road cars.)

GoFastKindaGuy
    '18 McLaren 720S, '18 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '18 Porsche Turismo Sport Turbo, '12 Cayenne Turbo, '04 Carrera GT

Gofast has a great point. It is especially apearent this time of year. Just go on to the M5, M3 or E55 board and see how many of these guys have second cars for the winter costing from 15K to 35K. Not to mention the guys that actually throw snow tires on their cars thinking they should be fine.

http://216.118.86.224/m3forum/showth...threadid=18115

There is a thread on the M5 board which I cant get to right now about how depressing it was.

Love the quattro...even though I dont live in the snow. But do vist quite often
    Bauer

01 S8

Well, I am sorry to report to you guys, but I bought the E55. I do not drive my cars in the snow or rain (the Hummer and the Dodge Ram 2500) so I was looking for a pure performance sedan. I have 2 kids, 3 and 7, and they fit better in the back of the E55 than the RS6. I think both cars are awesome, but the E55 fit my needs a little better.

I bought the E55 with $1,000 off MSRP, had them "throw" in about $700.00 worth of accessories and flatbed it to my house on Monday.

You guys have been GREAT. I will still be on the board.

Thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

ROB
    2002 996 TT
    2003 Viper SRT/10
    2003 BMW M3 SMG CAB
    2003 Hummer H2
    2004 Mercedes E55
    2003 Cobra
    2000 Excursion Limited
    2003 Wild West Vigilante

Well,I drive the E55 with snows and it's just fine in the snow.
    I'm an Audi person to begin with,used to have quattro for the past 15 winters and I assure you,Dunlops M3 on the E make the driving in winter much safer then stock tires on my S8.
    Having said that,I'm still waiting for the RS8(only if Bauer is right about the engine)