Thread: Poor Guy In A 540

Talking Poor Guy In A 540

took a winding back road(not residential- country road) to the freeway today with a 540 in front of me. It had the M bumper package on it. He took off and at first, I let him go as I was finishing a conversation on my mobile. Once that was done, it was game on. He was quite a ways ahead of me by the time I got off the phone.......but that was not the case for long . The road was empty the whole way through and I was ALL OVER this poor guy. It was a bit pathetic....kind of like a cheetah playing with a wounded gazelle. We then got to the freeway entrance, which was a red light. By that time I was in front of him since the road went into two lanes. Entered the on ramp behind a big rig and once I was able to get clear I floored it. It was like he threw his car in reverse.....It was really embaressing how quickly he disapeard in the rear view mirror, I actually felt kind of bad It still amazes me how fast this car is stock.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

re: Poor Guy In A 540

Bauer

Gonna have to start calling you the neighborhood bully!!!

"like a cheetah playing with a wounded gazelle"

:360::360: :360: :360:

Like you, I really love this car!

FEVR

Awww, that's just mean man.

survival of the fitest baby!!!:king:
    Bauer

01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I miss being a bully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was beat up by a M5 today in my wife's E500.

I beat up on a 540 pretty bad too when I had the BEAST...this was with Chip and Exhaust...can you imagine how bad I tortured him?

By just reading the title of the thread, I knew
    how badly you beat 540

By just reading the title of the thread, I knew
    how badly you beat 540

Re: Poor Guy In A 540

Originally posted by Bauer
    It was like he threw his car in reverse.....It was really embaressing how quickly he disapeard in the rear view mirror, I actually felt kind of bad
    Orignially Posted By IconcslAwww, that's just mean man.
    Originally Posted By Bauer survival of the fitest baby!!!:king:

You Gents are funny...

Congrats btw!

you should have beat him in reverse
    shame on you
    j/k

Maybe he did go in reverse, confusing the "R" on his gearbox for "Racing"
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

ben i'm calling our cops to come after you!!! maybe get them away from giving a speeding ticket to my wife!!

Sorry to hear to wife got a ticket...a little holiday cheer from the ticket fairy sucks. That is why the Valintine radar dector is on the Christmas list
    Bauer

01 S8

RE: Poor Guy In A 540

all
    Sorry bout that ticket cohenfive. So far, the profile of my car, even in gorgeous misano red, has not been bad at all. And of course, Bauer is absolutely right, get that V1 installed! I drove the beast for 3500 miles without it (was using that window stuck passport 8500 chorded into the cig lighter) and finally got the extra hard-wiring kit from Valentine. Now I can use it in both the beast and vette and be reminded of how superior it is!!
    BTW Bauer, have you been driving with no protection? I really want to do what Finnus did and get that combo V1/laser rear view mirror put in, just got to put a little more scratch together. The wire/fuse panel install is a no brainer.

FEVR

RS6FEVR-

That's right!!!! I am dangerous like that, living on the edge . I have not had any "protection" in a LONG time...maybe I should get myself tested . I have been lucky enough to only have one ticket over the past 8 years. I try and be aware as much as possible when driving.

The Valintine seems to be the best from what I have read...I think I may get the Beastpower rear view mirror as well...seems like a cool set up. I just wish they could put the WHOLE dector in it.
    Bauer

01 S8

Awww how sad... the 540 just wanted to have a little fun. Its not always easy to find nice people who wouldnt mind having just a fun race. Sometimes even tho you know you are going to lose they just watned to see how much faster you are... you should have waited for him after you smacked him 3 miles back and then gave each other a wave. :trash: