Thread: Vid: Ferrari 360 Spider vs RS4

Vid: Ferrari 360 Spider vs RS4

Maybe you've all seen this before:

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~einarasb/di...s-audi_rs4.avi

The Audi gets a much better start (is that Ferrari-guy sleeping?), but still fun to watch.

Usually in 'streetracing' like this it is the time that counts not who is first across the finish line.

It is quite difficult to "stage in" if you are second to the start line, and the time from when you are ready to when the "three" (with all the lamps signalling the start) lits is usually very fast.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

looks to me that the ferarri only starts when he notices that the RS4 have started. BTW, it sound to me that the ferarri hits the rev limiter several times before changing gears, he is really cought of guard

He does get a bad start, but it is not so easy I can assure you.
    10.000 people are watching, you have to stage you car to a position maybe +/-5 cm and get both the white lights in the "light tree" lit. Once that happens you may have only 1-2 seconds before you get the green light which is not so much if you want to get the right rev etc.

However usually in these competitions the timing only starts when you take off so even though you start later you may still win.

My best time @ 402m is 14.665 secs and about 152 km/h with my A6 2.7TQ MTM tiptronic.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

i agree that 402.5m racing is a stressful thing i have only started once, my time was 13.58.... i was racing against my friend's RS4 with the same MTM mods that i have in my car... his time was 12.8 s but he is much more experienced cause he organises such racing-meetings for longer than one year. now the winter is here so the next possibility to do the quarter mile contest will be in spring... can't wait to start again.

Maciek

Most of my friends are huge-ferrari-fans, don't need to tell why i like movies like this.

This RS4 is from Poland I'm proud of my country. Now this RS4 is tuned much further and is in 11s already...

hello guys on this forum
    on this film its Oz ?
    Renault M Coupe
    Suzuki DR 650
    maybe some day Audi RS4

Originally posted by rennen
    This RS4 is from Poland I'm proud of my country. Now this RS4 is tuned much further and is in 11s already...
    What is done with the 11 second RS4? A 11 second run is hard to reach i think.
    ACE Competition