Thread: Cracked Valance/Lower Right Grill Replacement

Cracked Valance/Lower Right Grill Replacement

My wife bumped a concrete wheel stop with the RS6, and cracked the right lower valance just below the lower right grill intake (brake cooling duct intake grill, I think). The grill fell out of the hole on the way home and I need to find a replacement.

First: what is the best way to fix the crack? ABS glue, fiber glass, something else, with a sand and respray of the valance?

Second: I did a quick search for a replacement grill, and struck out. Other than the dealer, anyone know where I can get one? Does anyone have a spare they want to sell?

Thanks for your help.
    Scott
    Topcat_92

I think you are referring to the intercooler intake grill? If so, I have a spare right grill with a tiny bit of road rash from my deer encounter.

As for the bumper cover I just went thru an extensive repair. Here's an album of the numerous cracks I had to fix. Still need to finish blending in the front of the repair prior to paint. It's not real pretty on the back side but overall it's acceptable in my eyes and isn't visible when on the car. If you missed the post by P1054 regarding the availability of RS6 bumper covers there *might* be 1 new left in the US direct from Audi at nearly $900.

This is one of the vids I used as reference for the repairs. It's a strong and flexible bond. Let me know if you need specifics on 3M products used.

Thanks for the reply and the link. Pretty straight forward. Just got to make time to do it. Will PM on the intercooler grill.
    Topcat_92

It's not the worst to pull the bumper (much easier on a lift with two people, but what isn't) and have it repainted. A small local shop did mine for $450 after a truck backed into me, cracking it a bit with the hitch mount. Paint match was spot on, although i've found it chips a bit easier.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com