Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible part out: gauging interest first.

Question Possible part out: gauging interest first.

It's just sitting in the garage awaiting funds. I'm slowly losing interest with it. A thought came to mind.
    It has a new TOZO TRANS-- barely 1000 miles on it. APR ECU; less than 5k Michelin PSS. AND EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK. I even have an extra ABS module which I never got to use( it came from a car that had 9700 when it crashed).

I wanna gauge interest first as I will likely have to hire a mechanic to remove parts. You may email me directly at albiosjon@gmail.com. Assume I have the part you need unless I post it sold.

How much for ecu?

so what's wrong with the beast then?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

How many miles does the car have?
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

There's always interest in a part-out here. Someone could almost make it a profitable second job if they were of a mind to do so... I know there's plenty of small bits that I'd rather buy from a real owner parting out than get raped by the stealership...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by ntrcptr View Post
    It's just sitting in the garage awaiting funds. I'm slowly losing interest with it. A thought came to mind.
    It has a new TOZO TRANS-- barely 1000 miles on it. APR ECU; less than 5k Michelin PSS. AND EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK. I even have an extra ABS module which I never got to use( it came from a car that had 9700 when it crashed).

I wanna gauge interest first as I will likely have to hire a mechanic to remove parts. You may email me directly at albiosjon@gmail.com. Assume I have the part you need unless I post it sold.
    What does the car need to make it road worthy?

Is it still just the overheating issue?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Needs new radiator, water pump I guess; it also has a leak on the intercoolers. Plus whatever sensor problem it may have. Had to take the mechanics word for it. In all, I'd say the fix will cost me over 10k. I brought it to this place http://gocpt.com/ to be looked at. From there, it's just been parked in the garage since December.
    If I recall, car has about 95k.
    As far as the ECU, I want it tested before I would sell it. I should be taking pictures this weekend and start posting them.
    the car is in very good condition, body wise as well as interiors. As for the trans, hit up TOZO FOR YOURSELF. Tell him , Jonathan( Chicago guy with gray RS6) sent you to inquire.
    Everything here is legit. Again, I'm not a mechanic. I would need commitments before I can start tearing it down since I would have to hire someone to do it. If your in Chicago area, I'll be glad to show you the car myself.

How much for the whole car? Seems more like $5k in repairs with a good indy mechanic....did you get a quote from Tozo? Leaking intercoolers are easy. Sensor might be easy too, although could be $$ depending on which one.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Needs new radiator, water pump I guess; it also has a leak on the intercoolers. Plus whatever sensor problem it may have. Had to take the mechanics word for it. In all, I'd say the fix will cost me over 10k. I brought it to this place http://gocpt.com/ to be looked at. From there, it's just been parked in the garage since December.
    As far as the ECU, I want it tested before I would sell it. I should be taking pictures this weekend and start posting them.
    the car is in very good condition, body wise as well as interiors. As for the trans, hit up TOZO FOR YOURSELF. Tell him , Jonathan( Chicago guy with gray RS6) sent you to inquire.
    Everything here is legit. Again, I'm not a mechanic. I would need commitments before I can start tearing it down since I would have to hire someone to do it. If your in Chicago area, I'll be glad to show you the car myself.
    Al runs an excellent and reputable shop and charges a premium, I'm sure.

Some resourceful DIY can knock that out for about $1500. If the car has a good title, I urge you to take the hit and sell it as-is or keep shopping around to get it fixed. Too bad you don't live near me, I'd lend a hand/wrench.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Selling wheels/tires by any chance?
    Maybe find another shop ( tozo himself if he is interested), fix it for <$2k and sell it in that condition for more.

Everything will be for sale--- I will take pic later today.

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    Selling wheels/tires by any chance?
    Maybe find another shop ( tozo himself if he is interested), fix it for <$2k and sell it in that condition for more.
    Tried TOZO, he's not up to it. His main expertise is "trannys"
    and yeah! CPT is definitely premium--- that's why the car sits in the garage.

About the sensors, there might be more issues with that. To make a long story short, I trusted a mechanic that's a friend of a friend when I originally had this guy work on the transmission prior to bringing the car to TOZO. Not only did he not fix the transmission, but he ruined sensors along the way. From there, TOZO installed the new transmission and not too soon after that to CPT to iron out sensor issues. And then, more issues raised when it started to overheat, hence the garage.

I feel like I'm looking at a "dying horse" and I just wanna put a bullet in it to put it out of its misery.

Tried TOZO, he's not up to it. His main expertise is "trannys"
    and yeah! CPT is definitely premium--- that's why the car sits in the garage.
    There are lots of great shops in the area.
    For example www.dynarev.com
    locals on audizine all "in love" with it, and they only charge $60/hr. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    There are lots of great shops in the area.
    For example www.dynarev.com
    locals on audizine all "in love" with it, and they only charge $60/hr. Good luck
    thanks for the tip.

almost forgot

thanks for the tip.

car also has PSS9--- about 10k miles on it

This car does not deserve to die. Yes, it is too bad that some numb nuts effed the tranny and other things along the way. But with the tranny Tozo'd, PSS9's, and overall excellent shape (your word for it) - it is 90% fixed not 90% dead. Find an indy to keep things reasonable, or sell it to someone here who can indy it himself.

Don't kill it.

My 2 pesos for what that is worth.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Put up the specs

Someone here will buy the car. We can fix anything

Calling Pat!!!

As DHall said definitely put up the specs. How much do you want for the whole car? How much for the Tozo Trans if I come wrench it myself?
    '03 RS6: Full APR EMCS/TCU, Nurburgring Bronze 19x8.5, Freshly Rebuilt Turbos, Gutted Precats, Stern Racing Mounts, SAI Delete, Aux Radiator Delete, Venair Hoses, Koni Yellows.....