Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pull out your wallet. May the best man win. (Paul Walker's RS6 AVANT for sale )

$60.4.....wow....42 hours to go....reserve not met?! I'm guessing I should have invested in RS6 avants instead of the stock market for the last few years......

Quote Originally Posted by scottmandu View Post
    Estimate 20-25K for a decent car, 5K for shipping, 60K cash for bonds, 15K for federalization... You are supposed to get the 50K back after the car is legal though.

There are 3 RS6 avants in the USA that I know of This car, Shokan's car that was totalled and sold through copart in Houston TX back in 20005-2006 IIRC, and this Red on I have at the shop. I've heard a rumor that there is one in Dallas and I've read documentation through the feds that 5 have been privately imported.
    15k Federalization - through which importer? I have considered doing this. I know G&K did many Ferraris, don't know who did the RS6s.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Didn't go for $61,500, reserve not met, going to keep sitting....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

When you see stuff like this, you seriously have to question the sanity of people with a 'got to have it at all cost' mentality. Is the Avant really something that those of us in NA must have at all cost? We have the Saloon which is every bit as good, carries the same amount of people, but doesn't carry as much luggage... I don't know guys, but even though I would like to have a wagon due to some of the things my lifestyle would benefit from (stuffing the Great Dane in the back vs. on the reat seats...), I just can't get past the logic of what I just witnessed with this auction. If it has something to do with 'Bollywood' star status, then that is even sadder.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; May 25th, 2014 at 21:10.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I was out at 30.

Its just a 90k mile fast wagon that has had everything under the hood messed with and a crappy tune it's whole life.

Im good with my stable and my engines are running at peak numbers. Oil reports are golden on both rides.

Q5 TDI is most likely next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    When you see stuff like this, you seriously have to question the sanity of people with a 'got to have it at all cost' mentality. Is the Avant really something that those of us in NA must have at all cost? We have the Saloon which is every bit as good, carries the same amount of people, but doesn't carry as much luggage... I don't know guys, but even though I would like to have a wagon due to some of the things my lifestyle would benefit from (stuffing the Great Dane in the back vs. on the reat seats...), I just can't get past the logic of what I just witnessed with this auction. If it has something to do with 'Bollywood' star status, then that is even sadder.

If I had cash I'd be up at the 35k range on this, nice seats, wheels, roll the dice on engine damage. Owned by who?, I could care less...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    15k Federalization - through which importer? I have considered doing this. I know G&K did many Ferraris, don't know who did the RS6s.
    http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/impo...t01122006.html
    www.advancedautomotion.com

Three more years and we can import to Canada for the shipping ($3500 in a container), 5% on the purchase price and an inspection...

That list is from 2006, just a heads up.

I just came across this while doing some glum searching about RS6 Avants. I just bought my wife a Mercedes ML350, and it was a compromise - she likes small zippy cars. If my RS6 was an avant, we would have never had to get into the SUV game as I'd more than happily drive the family cargo hauler.

We looked at X5Ms and ML63 AMGs...but that's a lot of money for performance I've already got sitting in my garage, and both cars might "corner well for SUVs" but they SUCK compared to the RS6, which in itself is decent but not outstanding compared to true sports cars.

So yeah, it wasn't until this past week that I started wishing hard my car was a station wagon. Not to the point where I'd pay stupid money for one, or act on the thoughts I've had about buying an S6 Avant and transplanting the guts of my car into that chassis. But enough to grumble and feel MUCH more empathetic to the "why won't Audi import the damned Avant" semtiment here.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    I am just curious as to why the car would not be RHD - given that it was imported from Japan. I presume that Audi made RHD versions for the UK, Australia, Japan mkts etc...
    The Japanese prefer LHD cars for premium luxury vehicles. It's inconvenient as hell - I drove a RHD Skyline GT-R in Korea, where they drive on the right side of the road. It's a pain. But it goes back to when Japan was developing and the wealthy imported LHD German cars. I heard that some roads have tollbooths set up for LHD cars - that line would be for the rich only. I was in Tokyo in 2010 on business and wandered into the BMW dealer there as I was bored and it was next to my hotel. All the cars were RHD except for the 7-series, which were all LHD. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    Dhall1 - that pictures shows exactly what happened to a buddy of mine on his M6 G-Power, the pistons simply melted, and it happened to him twice, the second time G-Power decided to give him a stock M6 engine as they couldn't figure out what the problem was...that looks horrible...
    somewhere in the fuel map is a problem where it's letting the AFR rise to 14~16:1 under boost. That may be fine at a highway cruise at 10% throttle, but under boost the temps will rise very quickly and melt things. Stoic AFR may be 14.7:1, but in practice, when an engine is under load, you need extra fuel to act as a coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    So maybe you can school me in the federalization process. Does this mean that this car has had the battery removed from the spare tire well and put in the trunk? Then again, I assume the battery in the trunk vs. spare tire well is a US DOT safety issue vs. US market demanding to have a spare tire?

I would have liked to see what configuration Shokan's old car had when I visited them last year, but it wasn't on site....
    I'm also curious as to what the federalization process for RS6 Avants entails; I'm going to guess that part of the reason it's possible in the first place is due to the sedans being homologated in the USA.

Moving my battery was a PITA but well worth the hassle. I recently discovered that BMW stuck the battery in what would have been the spare tire well of some X5s, so I think we got stuck with the weird battery location due to our cars needing spare tires for the US market (I think Audi felt that Americans would freak out over not having a spare). I'd be surprised if it were for federalization reasons (if so, how has BMW been doing it for years in many cars...like the original 1988 M cars).

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    somewhere in the fuel map is a problem where it's letting the AFR rise to 14~16:1 under boost. That may be fine at a highway cruise at 10% throttle, but under boost the temps will rise very quickly and melt things. Stoic AFR may be 14.7:1, but in practice, when an engine is under load, you need extra fuel to act as a coolant.
    12.5:1 AFR under full boost here...

speaking of RS6 Avant, i have found one here which was recently imported from Japan, the car has 40k miles, haven't yet seen it personally but got in touch with the guy and thinking of getting it, possibly for less than $20k, i am not anyway eager to spend more as the car has no service history. However what really concerns me is the fact that being a Japanese version it will not have the hot country package and i am not really sure how will that cope with the high summer temperatures we get here, yeah, eventually the car will be taken back to Europe when we will leave, but until then it will stay here...of course the other things would have to be accounted for as well, such as GB and DRC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	15288
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I've been to Dubai, it's REALLY hot there :P

The first RS6 I ever drove was in Korea, but it was a UAE-market car that some executive brought back to Korea, with Arabic warnings here and there.

The hot weather package with the motorized sunshades, solar panel moonroof blah blah, IMHO all you really need are the extra radiators which that Japanese car might have; all US cars have them. You might also think about the Sportec cooling mod; it cost about $10 in parts, took me maybe 30min to cut the slots into the undertray and I'm not exactly that great at fabrication. It really made a huge difference in keeping cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    speaking of RS6 Avant, i have found one here which was recently imported from Japan, the car has 40k miles, haven't yet seen it personally but got in touch with the guy and thinking of getting it, possibly for less than $20k, i am not anyway eager to spend more as the car has no service history. However what really concerns me is the fact that being a Japanese version it will not have the hot country package and i am not really sure how will that cope with the high summer temperatures we get here, yeah, eventually the car will be taken back to Europe when we will leave, but until then it will stay here...of course the other things would have to be accounted for as well, such as GB and DRC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	15288
    For what its worth, it may be convenient to have the solar panel/air recirc for you, but I doubt it makes a huge difference. On the engine side, I ripped out the entire secondary radiator plumbing setup and it runs perfectly fine in 100F weather. Many have done this. I suspect that if you modified the undertray like others have done with the gurney flap, the cooling ability will be adequate for your climate, as long as you aren't continually doing WOT runs to 180mph in 120F weather. Also got rid of them so you wont heat-soak your intercoolers..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

I guess it didn't sell.... Back on ebay for round 2