Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in Stainless Steel Catless Downpipes for under $400?

Anyone interested in Stainless Steel Catless Downpipes for under $400?

I am working with a local Texas Audi Tuner that already makes Downpipes and exhausts for 2.7T A6/Allroad/S4. I asked if he would be willing to do RS6 Downpipes, and he agreed to take the stock downpipes I have in storage and start the mock up.

He asked what the RS6 Market is like and if I could get 10 People on board for a set?

So far we have discussed catless stainless steel downpipes, I am thinking 2.75" diameter. Priced below $400.

Downpipes with main cats may also be an option, but currently we will start with Catless.

(Disclaimer: Catless=Race=Offroad Only)

Here are a couple examples of his current offerings for A6/Allroad/S4;

Manual 3"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27manual3quot.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	15230

Tiptronic 3"

Name:	27Tiptronic3quot.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	15231

I am asking for a one piece down pipe compared to what you see in the images above.

Let me know if you are interested, and if you have any suggestions, or what you would like to see. I will pass the info along and see if we can get something done!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

i was looking into doing 3 inch Catless DP's but no one in my area is really willing to do it. But i may be interested, cant say for sure yet.

Those pics are just china garbage ssac downpipe kits. I hope the rs6 work isn't turning into the same as the b5 s4 world.....aka cheap china products.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

only problem i would have is getting someone to put them one, then getting the rest of the system built.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389...rentProductId=

would that system work?

Has anyone fit 3" downpipes around the stock auto trans? I would think it would be tough.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

i know someone on here has full 3 inch, that's kinda where i got the idea. They may have ment from DP's back... not sure, im sure someone else will chime in.

Having 3" DP's is useless unless you have a full 3" system to take advantage. I made 2.75" catless DP's for my car, with stock SE exhaust, and they were fine. HUGE difference.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Having 3" DP's is useless unless you have a full 3" system to take advantage. I made 2.75" catless DP's for my car, with stock SE exhaust, and they were fine. HUGE difference.
    DITTO this. Further, you must remember this isn't a huge displacement engine. Large by today's standards yes, but not so big that in order to breath it requires massive dual 3" pipes. A crap load of spent gases can pass through a 2.5 and 2.75" dual exhaust. Remember all you need to do is take a look at the restriction points for the headers going in to the turbo .....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by SA RS6 View Post
    i know someone on here has full 3 inch, that's kinda where i got the idea. They may have ment from DP's back... not sure, im sure someone else will chime in.
    I have full 3" downpipes and exhaust but I have a 6 speed and its a tight fit. I doubt it can be done on an auto trans but I hope Im wrong
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

I'd be interested in catted downpipes for sure. Certainly willing to pay more than $400 for those, but preferably a lot less than $4,000 like the Milltek ones.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I'd be interested as well.
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Will keep everyone in the loop. Taking my extra set of stock DP's to him today and they will build a prototype then test fit on my car. Then make any changes and put them into production!

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Has anyone fit 3" downpipes around the stock auto trans? I would think it would be tough.

I have full straight pipes 3" from the turbos to tips...everything fits fine
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

I'd be in
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    I am working with a local Texas Audi Tuner that already makes Downpipes exhausts for 2.7T A6/Allroad/S4. I asked if he would be willing to do RS6 Downpipes, and he agreed to take the stock downpipes I have in storage and start the mock up.

He asked what the RS6 Market is like and if I could get 10 People on board for a set?

So far we have discussed catless stainless steel downpipes, I am thinking 2.75" diameter. Priced below $400.

Downpipes with main cats may also be an option, but currently we will start with Catless.

(Disclaimer: Catless=Race=Offroad Only)

Here are a couple examples of his current offerings for A6/Allroad/S4;

Manual 3"

Name:	27manual3quot.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	15230

Tiptronic 3"

Name:	27Tiptronic3quot.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	15231

I am asking for a one piece down pipe compared to what you see in the images above.

Let me know if you are interested, and if you have any suggestions, or what you would like to see. I will pass the info along and see if we can get something done!

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    I have full straight pipes 3" from the turbos to tips...everything fits fine
    I knew someone did, just couldn't remember who.

Well there you have it, fellas! I reckon 3" might be overkill with the stock turbochargers, though. Maybe if you're running bigger turbos.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

This thread is getting funny. All this talk about big exhaust...Not even the stock exhaust is more restrictive than any turbine housing...stock or otherwise...Get rid of the cats...anything more than that is a waste of time and money in my opinion...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    This thread is getting funny. All this talk about big exhaust...Not even the stock exhaust is more restrictive than any turbine housing...stock or otherwise...Get rid of the cats...anything more than that is a waste of time and money in my opinion...
    Agree 1000%.

Stock exhaust (SE especially) is very unrestrictive.

Turbine and Cats are the restriction. Turbine outlet is very restrictive due to the design, the turbulence of the waste gate and the odd shape of the outlet is a huge factor. Cant fix this, so take taking the cats out is the best we can do.