Thread: 6 speed swap

6 speed swap

So now that I have to face the facts and the options of my trans slipping I need to really weigh my options. Contemplating in doing the 6 speed swap. Would the trans listed below work????

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=360903263091

Audi A6 6 Speed Manual Transmission OEM
    2003 RS6 Daytona gray, ebony interior, KW coilover suspension, Cupra Lip.

Yes. Any us spec 01E will work as long as it's not from an allroad. allroads have a different front diff ratio.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Yes. Any us spec 01E will work as long as it's not from an allroad. allroads have a different front diff ratio.
    Ken, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can use the Allroad as long as you swap out the rear diff OR swap out the front diff in the O1E. Ultimately it's important for anyone performing this swap to understand AWD cars required same gearing for front and rear..

Tim
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I posted in your other thread.

audis4parts has one complete 6sp swap kit ready. it has everything and they have now upgraded the transmisstions. All the needed bits are included. Just buy Stevekens kit and your ready.

You can use the Allroad trans provided you use the Allroad Rear diff.

Advanced Automotion (my shop) have the swaps as well which feature the OEM upgraded New style 1-2 shifter parts (most overhauls are the Old style parts) as well as diesel ratios etc.
    www.advancedautomotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottmandu View Post
    You can use the Allroad trans provided you use the Allroad Rear diff.

Advanced Automotion (my shop) have the swaps as well which feature the OEM upgraded New style 1-2 shifter parts (most overhauls are the Old style parts) as well as diesel ratios etc.
    I was considering doing the 6 speed swap but not sure if i want to risk such a conversion, unless someone can do it safely with out any CEL lights coming on and no problems cheaper than the rebuild at 517. What is the price on getting the job done?? I am interested because id o have to get this problem resolved asap...
    2003 RS6 Daytona gray, ebony interior, KW coilover suspension, Cupra Lip.

Quote Originally Posted by RM_RS6 View Post
    I was considering doing the 6 speed swap but not sure if i want to risk such a conversion, unless someone can do it safely with out any CEL lights coming on and no problems cheaper than the rebuild at 517. What is the price on getting the job done?? I am interested because id o have to get this problem resolved asap...
    I've said it before that I can probably do a turn-key conversion for $8-8500. This includes labor. Drive it to Pittsburgh and give me a couple weeks..... I'm not in the business, but should finally have some room to work with the S6/RS6 project getting ready to move under it's own power.

Currently the hard part is getting the parts locally. Scotty and Bryan have cornered the market on all the goodies needed for the mechanical conversion...
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

AMD has the tune worked out to adjust the dash lights.
    You will also need an abs module from an s6 or w8 VW.
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs