Thread: Installing MTM hood vents...

Installing MTM hood vents...

Can someone tell me how the MTM hood vents install?

I am hoping that they somehow screw together and clam shell onto either side of the hood.

Thanks for any information from someone that has first hand knowledge.
    Last edited by Del Stator; April 25th, 2014 at 06:25.

Not exactly the question but I have the headshot version hood vent templates.

There was talk the location is better.

I didn't know about one being a better placement than the other. Obviously one is going to be better than the other.

I am flip flopping by the hour/day on which one to use. Obviously Champion moved to the two reverse cut hood design but MTM doesn't really half ass much of anything....so internet lore says..

Even though the overall aesthetics of the MTM leaves something to be desired, it is starting to grow on me. Depending on how it is installed, I might like the fit and finish of the MTM better.

If I can get the dual reverse cut installed and it look OE then I am interested. I know that assumes a competent body guy but I am not sure even with that that it will look like Audi did it.

If the MTM is just cut the hood and screw a two sided vent into place then it is a no brainer for me. It still is stupidly expensive as all MTM products are. The currency conversion moves into silly price range.

I am thinking that doing the MTM vents installed and painted is something in the 4k range....not sure on the installed price doing the custom dual reverse cut yet.

I am venting my hood though...

Mr Balsen changed from the mtm vents to the headshot version.

They are a huge mtm dealer in france.

If memory serves...just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Mr Balsen changed from the mtm vents to the headshot version.

They are a huge mtm dealer in france.

If memory serves...just sayin
    This!!!

Mr Balsen also requested proof, meaning engine compartment temp readings, of the Headshot vented hood.
    Headshot provided them and the difference was quite a bit.
    The key wasn't the front vents, it was the rear vent.

The MTM hood vents remind me of "ricer racer Evo/WRX" with a DTM wing.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Someone with a 3D printer should get a decent SolidWorks model drawn up and print a set of vents out.... Would suspect a set could be done for significantly less than what MTM bends one over for.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

crap. I have to find another hood

it's getting hot down here and I have a transmission fluid leak

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    crap. I have to find another hood

it's getting hot down here and I have a transmission fluid leak
    Make me one while you at it...thanks!

Rear output shaft right? At least each time a new trans goes in for me I get new seals, gotta look at the bright side. Oh, and it shifts great again!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com