Thread: Need one stupid little part - will probably have to buy an entire front bumper

Need one stupid little part - will probably have to buy an entire front bumper

The little piece that covers the (totally unnecessary and stupid) headlight washer on the passenger's side of the front bumper fell off my car, leaving an ugly hole. If anyone knows where I might find such a thing, I will owe you big time.

As noted above, I'm thinking I'll probably have to get an entire front bumper in order to replace that little cover piece. If anyone knows where I might find one of those, please let me know.

Do any other Audi models have that same (totally unnecessary and stupid) headlight washer, or am I stuck looking for an RS6 bumper to replace the cover? Info appreciated.

Funny how one stupid little part makes the whole car look like crap.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

I would pull the washer nozzles and covers. Have a paint shop attach some fiberglass under the holes, fill and smooth, then paint over. I had a bumper resprayed perfect here in town for $450, a small shop and good price. I bet a good body shop could fix you up for $600?

You can find the piece, color might be tough. Been driving a bit fast have we, parts blowing off the car?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Easy, easy. No need for new bumper.
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4...sher/ES372300/
    6spd complete

^^^Perfect, you can get it painted for $50 or less....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thank you so much!

(And I wish I could claim that things are blowing off my car because I'm driving so fast, but I think the horribly bumpy Seattle streets probably have more to do with it. It's like driving on the freakin' moon!)

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    Thank you so much!

(And I wish I could claim that things are blowing off my car because I'm driving so fast, but I think the horribly bumpy Seattle streets probably have more to do with it. It's like driving on the freakin' moon!)
    Move to Stupidstan (eastside) and you might like the I-90 towards the summit and have the BEAST be free for a bit...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I just purchased one of those ^^^ from ECS tuning, it's OEM and fits perfectly. Got it painted at a local body shop for $25, perfect match to my Ebony Black Pearl. It's insane how much they charge for the part, but the dealer wanted even more (something like $90!!).
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Glad to hear it's gonna be a cheap fix..........something I type every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    I just purchased one of those ^^^ from ECS tuning, it's OEM and fits perfectly. Got it painted at a local body shop for $25, perfect match to my Ebony Black Pearl. It's insane how much they charge for the part, but the dealer wanted even more (something like $90!!).
    Thanks for the confirmation that this is the correct doohickey -- I'm ordering it right now!

Not a problem, glad to help! I ordered the wrong part the first time, wasted about a week waiting on shipping. It turns out this is one of the parts on our cars that are NOT interchangeable with the C5 A6's. I actually needed the driver side one, which is part number 4B3-955-259-GRU, but the link above is correct for the passenger side, 4B3-955-260-GRU
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Glad to hear it's gonna be a cheap fix..........something I type every few years.
    LOL- That is said by an experienced owner..
    210K miles rolled