Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New RS6 Member in Michigan

New RS6 Member in Michigan

Just joined up. Have to say thank you to those who post their experiences and part data. My wife and I have a small fleet of Audi's, her daily is a 05 A6 4.2. My daily is an 02 S6 Avant and both do winter salt and snow duty. For summer drives, a 03 RS6 Sedan and a 03 RS6 Avant. What brought me to the site was research for a DRC fix for the RS6 Avant. Settled on stock springs and the Koni sport shocks. Set of Hotchkiss bars to complete the conversion. The RS6 sedan is a 40K mile vehicle but I like the idea of doing a manual swap as many here seem to prefer. Certainly plenty of information posted on that subject to assist in the conversion.

Don't know where I can contribute since my knowledge of Audi's is somewhat limited. But if there is ever a discussion on 911's I am much more familiar with those.

Regards,
    Rick
    Novi, MI

Welcome to the forum, and may I be the first to ask, where did you get the Avant?

Oh, and pics of the driveway full of Audis!

Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post
    For summer drives, a 03 RS6 Sedan and a 03 RS6 Avant.
    ?????? Not in North America you don't....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Welcome! I really like the predictable and not too firm ride of the Koni yellows with stock springs, nice height too. Hotchkis is icing on the handling cake. Great choices and good budget.

Did you buy the RS6 Avant from Shokan? I've heard of one or two others being created, please do tell?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post
    Just joined up. Have to say thank you to those who post their experiences and part data. My wife and I have a small fleet of Audi's, her daily is a 05 A6 4.2. My daily is an 02 S6 Avant and both do winter salt and snow duty. For summer drives, a 03 RS6 Sedan and a 03 RS6 Avant. What brought me to the site was research for a DRC fix for the RS6 Avant. Settled on stock springs and the Koni sport shocks. Set of Hotchkiss bars to complete the conversion. The RS6 sedan is a 40K mile vehicle but I like the idea of doing a manual swap as many here seem to prefer. Certainly plenty of information posted on that subject to assist in the conversion.

Don't know where I can contribute since my knowledge of Audi's is somewhat limited. But if there is ever a discussion on 911's I am much more familiar with those.

Regards,
    Rick
    Novi, MI
    Hey there fellow Michigander. I have a proposal for you. Lets meet up! I have a 6 speed RS6 and would love to see your avant. Send me a PM, I'm in Novi once a week at least!
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Did you buy the RS6 Avant from Shokan? I've heard of one or two others being created, please do tell?
    Interested in hearing also. 'Created' is the key word yere. AoNA confirms there being no Avants imported to NA for sale in either 2003 or 2004. There have been a couple of posts over the years citing the sale of a couple of different Avant's which I would hazzard to guess have been created by someone merging the parts from a sedan with that of a widebody S6 wagon. We well know that SteveKen is doing that marriage currently also. With all the posting Steve has done on his conversion, it makes you wonder to what extreme the other groups went to for their conversions also.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

so i guess these "RS6 Avant's" would be registered in fact as an S6 if they were converted as they were never legally imported to the States? or?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I am up for meeting up. Doing a Michigan RS6 cars and coffee.

Guys, sorry I should have went into more detail on the RS6 Avant. It is a real one, not a converted S6. Lswing, yes it is the Shokan Avant.

It only has 12,000 miles on it and given its history and the amount of time parked it probably never had a chance to get any DRC warranty fixes. Terrible handling at the moment, a death wobble diagionally across the car. I will post some pictures tonight.

Michigan guys, would be great meet up and do some brench racing. I will PM my contact info.

Rick

Well shit, it sounds like the Sportec rs600 and the Shokan avant are meeting up this weekend. We will take pics and let the hate commence on rs6.com
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Well shit, it sounds like the Sportec rs600 and the Shokan avant are meeting up this weekend. We will take pics and let the hate commence on rs6.com
    Haha awesome

now to sidetrack....
    how do you like the JHM rotors w/ Hawk pads? Have you used any other pads with those rotors? Would you get the hawks again or something else? (and specifically, which hawk pads?)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JayB View Post
    Haha awesome

now to sidetrack....
    how do you like the JHM rotors w/ Hawk pads? Have you used any other pads with those rotors? Would you get the hawks again or something else? (and specifically, which hawk pads?)
    Thanks!
    I had ebc yellows and they sucked and had tons of pad buildup on my brand new rotors. I was pissed. Pulled the rotors and had them turned and put the hawks on and it stops on a dime now!
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

I had ebc yellows and they sucked and had tons of pad buildup on my brand new rotors. I was pissed. Pulled the rotors and had them turned and put the hawks on and it stops on a dime now!
    Thanks & sorry to thread hijack (looking forward to pics of the avant and RS600) I was about to buy EBC yellow's think I'll go for Hawks instead. I know hawk makes several types of pads which are the best for RS6?
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Crap. Already have ebc yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by JayB View Post
    Crap. Already have ebc yellows.

Maybe be you'll have better luck
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6avant (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	15161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6avant2 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	15162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6Avant3 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	15163

Here are some pictures of the RS6 Avant. Bigglezworth it really is a real one, not a converted S6. All sorts of little differences to the RS6 Sedan. Most noticeable is the fisheye drivers mirror. Only the outer portion is convex and takes some getting used to. The factory blackout package has the windows a bit to dark for my liking. Has TV and a phone in the armrest.
    Last edited by essexmetal; April 16th, 2014 at 00:17.

The Green RS6 sedan is a pretty low mile car and sees only summer time use. My favorite car out of all is the S6 Avant. It is great driving car, a perfect balance of sports GT and practical hauler, 150 K miles and going strong. Obviously not as fast or well handling as the RS6 but very welcoming drive. Kinda like putting on your favorite worn in leather shoes. The Porsche is just for keeping RS6 owners who think their cars are fast ...... honest and humble. I understand today's snow broke the all time Michigan annual snow fall record.
    Bring on some driving weather and stop the salt !!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6&RS6 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	15164

Thanks for sharing, good stuff. Here's a little back info....interesting how it all worked out. I remember when they put it up for sale last year, if only I had some extra $$.

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1705738
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com