Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 905593 repairs

905593 repairs

Creating this thread to document my progress.

I've spent a lot of time researching, cross referencing parts and searching for them. Another thanks to Bigglezworth for pointing me in the direction of Shokan. I've had VERY good luck with them. Pics below!

As it was delivered to me from the body shop. Minus the hood which I took off before I remembered to start taking photos.

Bumper removed. You can start to see the passenger fender support needs a little massaging.

Test fitting the replacement core support, radiator and headlights. Fender support is close but still needs a little adjustment.

Still need to source some body panels (hood & fenders). Got a quote from genuineaudiparts that I feel is reasonable. I'm positive I can repair the cracks in the bumper cover; already have it disassembled. Then will have everything re-shot in Avus (not sure what that will run yet).

If anyone has a spare trans cooler air duct (4B3117339) or A/C condenser (4B3260403H) sitting around please let me know.

Also note the passenger side intercooler. Is caked oil/grime a sign of a leaky intercooler? I know for a fact I have a boost leak somewhere in the system that was confirmed shortly before the accident. Because of this I've been kicking around the idea of Wagner's.

More updates to come.

passenger side intercoolers seem prone to leaking .. i had to replace mine (driver's side was fine)
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Check with ECS Tuning for the body parts. They are less expensive than genuineaudi when I checked, but get the parts directly from Audi. I just ordered a new bumper and fender from them at a substantial savings, and the parts I received were brand new genuine Audi parts. Shipping was also very reasonable, at $150 flat for both shipped anywhere in the US. Just my .02.

I also have both my stock intercoolers laying around, along with all of the auxiliary radiator parts and the secondary air injection parts if you're interested in any of those.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

I double checked ECS Tuning for the body panels. Surprisingly they are a few dollars cheaper but I need to email them to get a shipping estimate.

Core support is all back together and ready to install. I mounted the damaged A/C condenser temporarily since it's not a huge priority at the moment. I realized after I took the pics below that I had the trans cooler brackets in the wrong place. Then placed it back on the car to do a hardware check so that I can order whatever is missing.

Deciding on where to order the timing belt, valve cover gasket and transmission filter kits from now. Also need to collect the specialty tools for those jobs.

Quick question, while checking the replacement headlights I noticed the dash is still showing what I believe is the "dipped headlight" warning. Do you think the code is still stored in the computer from the broken lights and just needs to be cleared? A VAG-COM cable is on my shopping list; just haven't made it that far.

So far so good considering I haven't taken the time to order a Bentley manual yet...

As far as ECS goes, I forgot to mention it in my post above but you'll want to call them to place the order. They'll get you MUCH cheaper shipping than what comes up on the website. Or at least that was my experience.

Looks like your project is going pretty well! I hope it all works out for you.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

A new grille arrived today. Lucky find on ebay.

Hood and fenders have also been ordered from ECS. Ended up saving $100 from what I initially estimated including shipping. However, there is a caveat on the hood. They said the system showed low stock (< 5 in the US). Will get confirmation tomorrow on availability. Fingers crossed!

Congrats on the grille!

Regarding limited availability, when I spoke to Audi about my new bumper cover, they told me there were exactly 2 left in the US. I ended up buying it through ECS, but they got it from Audi, so I would imagine there is now only 1 left in the system in the US! And all of the used-bumper places I checked that recondition bumpers said they have no RS6 bumpers in stock and none coming in the foreseeable future. Who knew parts were so rare..

Do you happen to have a part number for the bumper cover? Just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    Congrats on the grille!

Regarding limited availability, when I spoke to Audi about my new bumper cover, they told me there were exactly 2 left in the US. I ended up buying it through ECS, but they got it from Audi, so I would imagine there is now only 1 left in the system in the US! And all of the used-bumper places I checked that recondition bumpers said they have no RS6 bumpers in stock and none coming in the foreseeable future. Who knew parts were so rare..

Absolutely. The VAG part number is 4B3 807 105 B GRU (the GRU suffix just means it's pre-primed). The ECS part number is ES#372153 if you're interested, and shipping was $150 flat to anywhere in the US. Hopefully you can get yours back in usable condition, but if not this should help!

Since you've already got it off, and I don't have access to ETKA to get part numbers, can you see if there's a part number on the silver surround of the center lower grill in the front bumper cover? Not sure when/where mine went missing, but the new one is going to be plasti-welded into place :|

If not, I'm going to get reamed for a full center grill with surround, probably to the tune of $400+ knowing how RS6 parts pricing works...

Thanks
    O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Erik, if bethridg doesn't get to it by tonight, I'll take a look at mine and see if I can get you the part number.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Since you've already got it off, and I don't have access to ETKA to get part numbers, can you see if there's a part number on the silver surround of the center lower grill in the front bumper cover? Not sure when/where mine went missing, but the new one is going to be plasti-welded into place :|

If not, I'm going to get reamed for a full center grill with surround, probably to the tune of $400+ knowing how RS6 parts pricing works...

Thanks
    O_E
    From what I see, ETKA only has the whole grill, not just the surround. 4B3 807 647 F. Then below, it gives a date and code 1L1 for matt-alluminum
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

No part number printed on the trim ring it's self. Grille portion has 4B3807647F printed on it. I use jimellisaudiparts.com a lot to look up parts and came up with 4B3807647F 1L1 for the entire assembly.

They do show 4B3807174E 1L1 and 4B3807173E 1L1 as separate part numbers. When I look them up on ECS they are described as TRIM. Your guess is as good as mine as to which is silver or black.

Ebay also has a couple of auctions for the entire assembly. Claiming to be genuine OEM Audi.

Good luck, that's actually one thing I don't have to buy. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post

Thanks
    O_E

Yeah, I'm not seeing a part number on the trim piece. I'd say bethridg's response about sums it up.

bethridg, I'm planning to reinstall my bumper tonight but I'm not sure where the headlight sprayer "t" valve attaches to the bumper/frame. It has a little screw tab on it so I assume it attaches somewhere. Do you know where? Or anyone?

Mine was broken but there is a bracket next to the drivers side sprayer opening. The valve is riveted to that bracket and the bracket has two screws attaching to the bumper cover.

Last edited by bethridg; April 4th, 2014 at 02:01. Reason: Added pictures.

Thanks, that makes sense. I appreciate the pix!

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    No part number printed on the trim ring it's self. Grille portion has 4B3807647F printed on it. I use jimellisaudiparts.com a lot to look up parts and came up with 4B3807647F 1L1 for the entire assembly.
    They do show 4B3807174E 1L1 and 4B3807173E 1L1 as separate part numbers. When I look them up on ECS they are described as TRIM. Your guess is as good as mine as to which is silver or black.
    Ebay also has a couple of auctions for the entire assembly. Claiming to be genuine OEM Audi.
    Good luck, that's actually one thing I don't have to buy. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not seeing a part number on the trim piece. I'd say bethridg's response about sums it up.
    Thanks, confirmed with local stealership, the 4B3807647F1L1 is the correct part, it's the entire Grille and costs $375. Not happening any time soon. Genuineaudiparts has it for $275, still not happening until at least a month after I pay the tax man...

4B3807174E and 4B3807173E are the codes for left and right grilles, with 1L1 and 5PV being aluminum trim ring and black trim ring attached respectively
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Decided to prep for the timing belt replacement today. So I removed everything to gain access and noticed the timing belt is VERY loose on the top end. There is a good inch of play and the water pump pulley can be spun freely. Is this normal or is the belt stretched? Teeth look good. Need to get that kit ordered asap!

Order with ECS for the body panels is now in a "Holding" state. I think it's because they entered my shipping address as Kansas instead of Missouri. Gawd! Otherwise, everything looks to be ready to ship.