Thread: Need help with a couple annoyances

Need help with a couple annoyances

Now that cold has eased and snow is finally receding, I can devote more time to the Beast. She just turned 150,000 miles and I need to fix a couple of things.

o - Need to replace a bulb in the Headlamp switch bezel - top one is toast.
    o - Rear proximity sensors are not working - no sound whatsoever. Don't know if it is sensors themselves or electronics.
    o - Can I play music from my phone through bluetooth on RNS-E?
    o - What wire should I tap into on the CPU harness so that I can install a battery kill switch to reset my MTM without affecting clock and radio settings.
    o - Need to replace middle armrest top.

Any and all help directing me to useful resources is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

I play Pandora thru a Motorola Roadster. Strong signal and goes with you from car to car.

armrest top

Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    Now that cold has eased and snow is finally receding, I can devote more time to the Beast. She just turned 150,000 miles and I need to fix a couple of things.

Any and all help directing me to useful resources is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    The cheap way: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290974501089
    Mine has held up well so far.
    Sold - 2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl on Black / Carbon Fiber / ACE Converter - Tozo installed / Eurocharged ECU / MTM TCU

Thanks MoRS6. Even though their fitment guide does not show compatibility, if it worked for you, it will definitely work for me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    o - Need to replace a bulb in the Headlamp switch bezel - top one is toast.
    o - Rear proximity sensors are not working - no sound whatsoever. Don't know if it is sensors themselves or electronics.
    o - Can I play music from my phone through bluetooth on RNS-E?
    o - What wire should I tap into on the CPU harness so that I can install a battery kill switch to reset my MTM without affecting clock and radio settings.
    It may be cheaper to replace the headlamp switch bezel as a whole. Total cost for me was ~$50, replaced the old one that had fingernail-scratches, a lot of the rubber coating with directional markers was gone...

On the rear proximity sensors - scan the car with a Vag-Com, see if you get any codes thrown from the sensors. If you do, clear the codes, see if they come back...

Bluetooth to RNS-E requires a bluetooth module of some sort. I picked mine up when I bought my RNS-E from Zawa, was a ~$250 add-on IIRC, is the OEM module. One of these days, I'll get around to removing the OnStar module and replacing with BT...

Kill Switch- I'm not as deep into the electronics of the car as I'd like to be, hopefully someone else can chime in on this...

Armrest- others have already posted up alternatives. Personally, I'd like to get a replacement bracket that'll last more than 3 or 4 uses and swap my original leather onto it, but Upholstery is not my strong suit...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Thanks, O_Erik. Yep, I found the other armrest thread. Will look into the entire switch bezel. Need to tap a buddy with Vag to scan rear sensors. My RNS-E already has BT and it works with TEL functions just fine, however, I was wondering if is there a trick to play music from my BT phone through it.