Thread: Radiator Leak

Radiator Leak

Crazy's radiator sprung a leak. There is a brace that was rubbing up against the radiator. Have any of you experienced this or was there an installation issue with the old radiator? I did not have a chance to go by the shop while they had it torn apart to lay eyes on target.

210K miles rolled

I took mine apart and cleaned it up when I had the engine out two years ago and no rubbing. It should be rubber isolated with spacers so nothing touches. Just realized that I'm looking at the backside. Isn't that where the fan is mounted? Have you looked at your fan and mount?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

^Thanks Hahn

I don't have a clue how it looks as they already had it back together. It sounds like I need to research this further to find the root of the problem. It appears something isn't right if that brace is pushing up against the radiator. It looks like a "fan blade" may have scrapped it along the right side. I appreciate the input.

If anyone has pics of the subject area and how it should be- that would be appreciated.

TIA
    210K miles rolled

Ugh, bummer, you can see the fan impression in the top photo...pull the engine!...well maybe not for this one.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Bethridg provided a good photo of the brace. Has anyone else encountered an issue with the brace being pushed against the radiator?

I certainly don't see how the fan blade could brush up against the radiator as it appeared it did in my above photo. I will take another look as I"m sure the front end will be off again soon for something. ;0

210K miles rolled