Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 18 of 23

Thread: Baddest C5 RS6

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14

    Baddest C5 RS6

    I know I know... I could probably hunt through the forum and find the answer I am looking for but this is much quicker I want to know what is the baddest C5 RS6 on the planet? I have heard of guys getting crazy power out of their motors and going to a manual transmission. Has anyone ever REALLY tried to dial these cars in for handling or track use? I want to know what is best modified RS6. Post pics and a spec list. I am thinking of modding mine and I want to see how far I can go and what are the best mods. Thanks

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    48
    From what I've seen there's certainly many respectable examples of well done RS's out there... However i haven't seen anything that blew my socks off. Definitely haven't seen anything pushing the limits of what these motors should be capable of, or even close. I'm personally shooting for the stars with my own ambitious build (which I hope to be FINALLY getting underway very soon) but there's just nothing that's come across in my searching that qualifies as a "ridiculously built RS6".

    Disclaimer-
    Simply my opinions, which are based only on what I've seen and not meant as any type of dig at anyone at all.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Boston, USA
    Posts
    2,281
    The Sportec RS600 is a bad arse example. There are plenty others that have gone in different directions.
    It does not seem you hang out here often Sasha.


    The title of the post seems a bit general, as 'baddest' can mean different things to different people. But your description seems to be looking at power alone.
    Plenty of RS6s on the board are highly and respectably tuned. Even a few went as far as swapping transmissions, and fortifying the auto box too.
    But personally, I think the Sportec RS600 is "baddest" in fitting with your description.
    Most of all, I would say a large percentage of owners want these cars for daily spirited drives. A small few do take it to tracks and enjoy them.

    I think you should get one Corse, and do your best at making 'baddest' happen. Don't forget to share.

  4. #4
    Registered User lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Eugene, OR, again...
    Posts
    4,691
    There are a few current threads with mean cars....you want to spend $20k or $40k modding it? Although a lovely beast, still a fight for power per dollar over 600HP. Of course got to look at awd vs rwd, but you can get a 1000hp corvette for a 750hp RS I would think...having a car that actually drives good with all the power makes sense though.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14
    Well my original post stated that I was looking for a blend of power and track handling. I was just wondering if there were some cars outthere that I hadn't seen before. I've seen the Sportec car. I saw this Audi 80 that made me wonder if there were any RS6s out there that were highly modded.... beyond spirited drivers.

    http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/...like-no-other/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi-80-Quattro-Gatebil-05.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	14967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi-80-Quattro-Gatebil-08.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	14968  

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Evil Empire
    Posts
    381
    This one!
    The only problem I'd have with it is steering wheel in the glovebox. :-\

  7. #7
    Registered User JSRS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,320
    Champion Racing's RS6 driven by Randy Pobst and Michael Galati. But those were track cars. They also achieved a 2.9 0-62 with no engine modification. Super weight savings and a 6-speed.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

  8. #8
    Registered User Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester, CT
    Posts
    552
    Yes, the baddest IMO would also be the Champion Motorsports prepared pair that raced in the SCCA 10+ years ago.

    I think there were/still might be a bunch more stock-like C5 racers in some German race series.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

  9. #9
    Registered User Corbett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    194
    Milkas car or the fluid motor union rs6 with the tial 770s are both awesome

  10. #10
    Registered User Bigglezworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cowtown, AB
    Posts
    2,231
    Hesitating to guess that since you are looking at what is arguably one of the heaviest rides out there from a performance based perspective, you're highly likely to be looking for speed AND comfort. The Sportec car had it's day in glory, but has been matched or surpassed by other rides - some which are frequent members on this forum. The Champion RS6 driven by Pobst is at the top of the list that springs to mind for me, but you are then in to non-street prepped rides. A number of hot rodders / car customizers have taken the RS6 powerplant and shoved it in to other chassis for 'fun'. The Cosworth assembled lump does just fine with all the OEM parts and a decent tune. Add to that weight savings and you are golden. A few have gone down the path of what they did for the Gumpert Apollo and altered cams, Turbos, exhaust, etc to achieve more power - all at the hands of driveability IMO.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

  11. #11
    Registered User Corbett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Hesitating to guess that since you are looking at what is arguably one of the heaviest rides out there from a performance based perspective, you're highly likely to be looking for speed AND comfort. The Sportec car had it's day in glory, but has been matched or surpassed by other rides - some which are frequent members on this forum. The Champion RS6 driven by Pobst is at the top of the list that springs to mind for me, but you are then in to non-street prepped rides. A number of hot rodders / car customizers have taken the RS6 powerplant and shoved it in to other chassis for 'fun'. The Cosworth assembled lump does just fine with all the OEM parts and a decent tune. Add to that weight savings and you are golden. A few have gone down the path of what they did for the Gumpert Apollo and altered cams, Turbos, exhaust, etc to achieve more power - all at the hands of driveability IMO.

    Hey now! I'm not trying to argue but my sportec car is a completely different animal now with e85 fueling and a retune! And it's still the fastest in the USA

    http://youtu.be/S9xB6tQ2Qo4


    http://youtu.be/wJbAbVKSt-k

    http://youtu.be/BKaONjgFTBA

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14
    OOO! What wheels and tires are on the Sportec car in that last video? specs please That car look much better with those wheels on it.

  13. #13
    Registered User Bigglezworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cowtown, AB
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Hey now! I'm not trying to argue but my sportec car is a completely different animal now with e85 fueling and a retune! And it's still the fastest in the USA
    No question it's quick. Have you confirmed how quick you're actually running now? A few months back you seemed to be having traction problems which would kill your ETA's. What is it trapping at now? As for my comment, I stand by it.

    As we get over 10yrs old, the mods made to your car 6-8yrs ago are not exclusive or royalty any more. Indeed your car has a number of modifications , but there are a few other members on and off this forum have performed similar or even more extreme mods. Unless I'm mistake, you're still running OEM engine with no internal modifications for cams, porting, intake manifold, pistons, headers, etc correct? So, then turbos, exhaust, intercoolers, 6MT, a tank full of race gas, a tune, and possibly injectors? No proven stats confirming a 6MT is quicker than a 5AT, although we'd like to think there is a possibility for improvement due to some weight savings.

    Still darn quick and yes, if you're running low to mid 11's likely the quickest. Would be nice if we could all be in closer proximity to each other to see our prides and joys in person and better enjoy.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

  14. #14
    Registered User Corbett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    194
    Which ones? Different wheels in the vids. I'm assuming you are talking about the silver ones? I'm putting them up for sale soon if you are interested.

    ADV1s
    19x9 front et25 plus 8mm spacer
    19x10 rear et38 plus 12mm spacer

  15. #15
    Registered User Corbett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    No question it's quick. Have you confirmed how quick you're actually running now? A few months back you seemed to be having traction problems which would kill your ETA's. What is it trapping at now? As for my comment, I stand by it.

    As we get over 10yrs old, the mods made to your car 6-8yrs ago are not exclusive or royalty any more. Indeed your car has a number of modifications , but there are a few other members on and off this forum have performed similar or even more extreme mods. Unless I'm mistake, you're still running OEM engine with no internal modifications for cams, porting, intake manifold, pistons, headers, etc correct? So, then turbos, exhaust, intercoolers, 6MT, a tank full of race gas, a tune, and possibly injectors? No proven stats confirming a 6MT is quicker than a 5AT, although we'd like to think there is a possibility for improvement due to some weight savings.

    Still darn quick and yes, if you're running low to mid 11's likely the quickest. Would be nice if we could all be in closer proximity to each other to see our prides and joys in person and better enjoy.
    I get what your saying and maybe you are right that mods on some of these rs6s go way further than what's on my car. Yes I'm on stock motor still and won't do anything until I blow it up. I'm just saying the cars that have these more extensive mods seems to not post videos or go to the track or anything and it seems the ones that do a 6mt swap seem to always sell them shortly after. In my opinion the 6mt actually hurts my 1/4 mile times. It's hard to launch the car as opposed to an automatic and shifting is definitely slower than an auto, this why you see rs6s getting better ETs than I but much slower trap speed. That 12.1@122 was on the old tune with pretty much how the car came when I bought it. We've done a few things since and it feels like a totally different car now. It's weird to me to spend so much time and money on a beast like these and not show it off or stretch it's legs at a track. Anyways, yes in having traction issues but that was on a cold road we will see what happens at the track this year. We got a bunch of issues sorted out over the winter so far and car is running great. Looking forward to the tracks opening again in a few weeks.

  16. #16
    Registered User ben916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, WA
    Posts
    4,989
    998CorseR

    I would venture the Sportec 600 or the MTM Clubsport Avant.

    Dennis (Doc) in San Diego, Ca had 2 C5 RS6 and was converting one to a race prepped/stripped version for the track.
    I understand he was sick medically so that idea was scrapped....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    490
    Once sorted out properly, special sauce rs6 had some pretty impressive dyno numbers.....probably equal to or better than the rs600. Did that car ever resurface here?
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

  18. #18
    Registered User lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Eugene, OR, again...
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    Once sorted out properly, special sauce rs6 had some pretty impressive dyno numbers.....probably equal to or better than the rs600. Did that car ever resurface here?
    He was here for a bit after buying and getting the tune sorted, haven't heard a peep in 6 months or so....forget what the last estimated numbers were, but sounded damned fast.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •