Thread: RS6 Front Seat Weight??

RS6 Front Seat Weight??

How much do the RS6 front seats weigh? I am looking for an exact weight. Shohan told me around 150lbs. That was an estimate but seems high..

Thanks

I seem to recall a number of around 66 lbs for a single front. Maybe their number is for the pair, plus shipping material.

I'll have one in my hands tomorrow, though I don't have a scale, I can give a better estimate for a single seat then.

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I seem to recall a number of around 66 lbs for a single front. Maybe their number is for the pair, plus shipping material.

I'll have one in my hands tomorrow, though I don't have a scale, I can give a better estimate for a single seat then.
    So this afternoon I got the delivery I was waiting for, and can say that the fronts are 65-70 lbs each. As I said yesterday, no scale to get an exact number, but they felt about the same as the 68 lb tool box I drag across the country for work.

A bathroom scale will work. Just subtract.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    So this afternoon I got the delivery I was waiting for, and can say that the fronts are 65-70 lbs each. As I said yesterday, no scale to get an exact number, but they felt about the same as the 68 lb tool box I drag across the country for work.

Thanks for checking. I had hoped they weighed more. Then I could justify getting lighter Recaros. I might still..

I had thought about getting the Recaro Sportster or even the Cross Sportster, which are around 33 lbs each. But with the existing silver interior, they wouldn't match without having the rear bench recovered as well. I wanted the black with silver insert, but then I'd have to either re-covering the rears to match, or buy a black bench and have the centers lined in silver. And then change the rear deck lid and trim pieces to black, and maybe the headliner as well. Not really an inexpensive option.

I'm currently in Germany on business, and after 4 weeks of searching, I've found a near flawless factory set, black leather with silver alcantara, complete with center arm rest and door cards. Got it for a great price, and though it will take some time, an excellent deal on shipping. I'm all in for less than the cost of the just the Sportsters. When I get home, the trim set should be back from oCarbon, and I'm not afraid to say that I'm going to have one delicious interior when it is complete.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30908496.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	14975

You luck ass mothe.....
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    You luck ass mothe.....
    I second that $hit!!! grrrrr
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Whoa!! Nice set up!!

I pick up my car this coming Monday. I am going to sit in some different Recaros and think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    You luck ass mothe.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I second that $hit!!! grrrrr
    Third!!!- Add me to the pile on...
    210K miles rolled

They're just going to get dirty, who would want that? Let me know when you're selling....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    They're just going to get dirty, who would want that? Let me know when you're selling....
    I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today, er wait, recaros today...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I guess that's the, umm, benefit, of being on the road 300 days a year? Can't wear out a seat if you don't sit in it. Already this year I've been on two single flights that were more miles than I drove the RS6 all last year.

But the smile-to-mile ratio is better than any car I've ever owned. And it is sure to double with the new interior.

Always good when that work pays off, cheers. That will be one sweet interior. So many smiles in this ride, nothing like a good pull in 2nd or 3rd to make the day!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Anybody have these Recaro Sportster CS's and know of a seller in the PNW? http://www.redlinespeedworx.com/audi...ade-in-heaven/

Also, anyone know where I can source those smoked tails? They seem different than the HELLA's I have seen online (not as dark).
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip