Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy on Wags..;0

Crazy on Wags..;0

The front end was off for maintenance- sooooooo.......- Wagner I/C's were thrown on at this opportune time. Fogs are gone. The tech said the carbon shrouds were effort to get installed and lined up. However; they are in there now.

Hmmm- the grills bolt on from what I can see. Thus; not an easy pop off/on like the OEM. Makes it inconvenient to put the tow ring in/out. For the moment- I have left the grills off as we ponder options.

I hope to get Crazy back for weekend testing...
    210K miles rolled

I found the grilles to be cumbersome to install and remove.....they don't really bolt on, they just slide in....kinda....sorta. I had both of mine on, then removed for work and never put back on.

I think I'll go bare for now ;0

The inter coolers are certainly solid pieces and I look forward to giving them a work out.
    210K miles rolled

The I/C's are freakin' huge and great quality. The ancillary stuff (hoses, CF trim, and grilles) are ok but could be better for the $. The lack of the radiator drain access hole hacked me off as I needed to drain the radiator right after the install.

Ohhh- I didn't realize about the drain either. Agreed with all your comments/observations.
    210K miles rolled

Luckily the CF drilled fairly clean for me. Just put a hole in it so I could drain the rad. If you come up with a good way to mount the grilles let me know. I'm nekid for now too and I don't really like the look.

Just use stock grilles, easy. Didn't get the Wag grills with mine as they were used, great piece of metal those IC's, car felt frisky!

Pull the fogs for more airflow?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Just use stock grilles, easy. Didn't get the Wag grills with mine as they were used, great piece of metal those IC's, car felt frisky!

Pull the fogs for more airflow?
    Did you keep the stock intake to the I/C's? if so, keep the fogs I would guess as the intakes are set up for them.

Carbon Wag intakes, fogs still in. My mechanic said they were a pain...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Carbon Wag intakes, fogs still in. My mechanic said they were a pain...
    If you have the Wag's....and the CF intakes.....ditch the fogs.....well, unless it is really foggy where you live. When it snows hard up here, I just go down to parking lights. Much better.

I poped the grills right in, no screws, used 2 zip ties on each side at the top, it never poped out (almost a year) even thru snow and bumpy roads in Chicago.
    6spd complete

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post
    I poped the grills right in, no screws, used 2 zip ties on each side at the top, it never poped out (almost a year) even thru snow and bumpy roads in Chicago.
    What did you tie to?

In Canada, the Fogs are used as DRL's. Still amazes me that the US is so far behind on this simple and well proven safety feature.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    In Canada, the Fogs are used as DRL's. Still amazes me that the US is so far behind on this simple and well proven safety feature.
    We have to give you Canadians a leg up on something

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    if you guys need lights in a 2 tonne car to be seen..god help you all
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

I just got Wagners for my S6 into which I'll be dropping a Tial 770R-kitted 2.7T. (I know, I know, I should have done an RS6 motor but the 2.T was actually an easier fit.) The directions mention taking apart your existing intercoolers in order to re-use some rubber bungs? Can anyone clarify that for me? Do I need to buy them at a dealership or are they simple to find elsewhere?
    2002 Audi S6 - O1E swap, Tial 770R 2.7T swap

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    What did you tie to?
    There is lil gap that allows enough space for zip tie.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	14943
    6spd complete

So, after reading this, I'm confused... Is it possible but just a pain to keep the stock fogs with Wagner IC's? If so, that just moved about 30 positions up on my list-o-shit-to-do! Stupid VA safety inspection "If your car came equipped with fog lights, it must have working fog lights to pass inspection"
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)