Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reality check.....drove Motor Trend's Car of the year.

I love my RS6, but it cannot compare to the technology in a brand new CTS-V......interior, exterior or any other aspect for that matter. I drove around quite a bit as a driver and passenger and can say I never heard any rattles from loose or poorly fitting trim pieces. The only negative thing about the interior I can say is that the controls were very "busy". I get it that this is the RS6 forum, but c'mon.....be realistic.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    I love my RS6, but it cannot compare to the technology in a brand new CTS-V......interior, exterior or any other aspect for that matter. I drove around quite a bit as a driver and passenger and can say I never heard any rattles from loose or poorly fitting trim pieces. The only negative thing about the interior I can say is that the controls were very "busy". I get it that this is the RS6 forum, but c'mon.....be realistic.
    Was it brand new or did it have time for the plastics to settle into each other? Admittedly, I may have just had the poor experience of a Monday-built CTS-V, but for a car that _STARTS_ at $65k, equipped properly at $73k, I expect a whole lot less plastic and a whole lot more CF/metal, less cloth more suede, etc... and no wRong Wheel Drive - AWD or bust!
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Uhhhh, I was spoiled so much that I had to have a second RS6 for a daily driver. Nothing else comes close to the feel and control. A properly sorted RS6....is true comfort and performance. Ask Pat what his next car purchase will be. hehe

I drove a CTSV wagon....love the engine and trans was ok not great and it cornered ok. But it felt like a cheap GM interior and shell. Wife hated it....she couldnt see out the windows and hated the interior. No friggin way I will every buy a GM again.

When the time comes it will be the S6 for me. Unless Audi bring the RS6 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    After solely driving the RS for a couple months, finally got back into the GTP. To think, it's cammed, IC'ed, injectors, mapped, tuned, basically as powerful as it can be without going turbo or swap, and it feels like a cross between a slow pig and a boat. And I used to love driving it. Perhaps it's time to pass that one on to the next owner :|

Remember what you're comparing any other car to - the height of german engineering, the executive luxury rocket, the true and soulful RennSport. I don't know how I could ever move on to anything else. Even tooling around in my brother's 2011 S5, interior felt plastic and cheap, the MMI screen felt gimmicky and distracting and out of place...

Speaking of cheap and plastic, I see you all talking about the CTS-V. If they would put out an AWD auto-slushbox version, it'd be "comparable" to the RS, but the interior needs a lot of work. Rode in one and couldn't listen to the engine over the squeak/scrape/rattle of plastic on plastic mounted to plastic. Not exactly my idea of the interior of a car that costs more than I make in a year!

No my car is plenty modded (milltek dp's, cat back, OcT, etc.). I just feel like the caddy is more violent than ours, likely due to the RWD and the steering being softer, we always forget how heavy our steering is and the AWD power laydown makes it even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    My brothers supercharged M5 is like that...650hp, traction is a bitch. I assume your car isn't modified? Caddy stock shouldn't be that much more....
    Back to this whole thread through, folks let's step back for a second, as some have tried to do but not fully done. OUR CAR WAS NEAR 90K NEW AND SOME PAID MORE. That was 11 years ago! So let's call inflation 2% for argument's sake, which means our car would be 109,710 today!!! You can't compare cars with nearly 50 grand delta price. That 50 grand gets you more space, carbon fiber bits, etc. And yes to the other people's comments about our car just being a simpler time for cars, couldn't agree more. I had a 2014 A4 shop car the other day. That electronic steering is horrid and it is so soft and the 2.0T just gets lost in that 8 spd (puke).

Like I said, love my RS6....drove a new RS5....awesome, sure the new RS7 is even nicer. They are both nicer interior wise by far to the Caddilac, but ours?? I'm thinking not. But to each their own. I believe Ferrari adapted the suspension design from the ZR1 and CTS-V in the 458.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)