Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A very sad day for me...

Radiator lock support will add another $500+ to the price depending on markup ($490 from Genuine). For the Radiator $800~$900 I would go with a good used or new. You don't want a repair this part, probably new would be better as it is already over 10yrs old and definitely over half way through it's life, Core, end tank seals, etc... And you don't want to have to pull the radiator later to get it out of the support to replace at another date.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I had a fender bender in July when a 325 driver decided to coast through a stop sign in a town center shopping center. The whole situation stunk, the cop pressured my witness, the BMW driver convinced a 16 year old girl sitting on a bench facing away from the intersection to say she saw me run the stop sign that another cop saw me stop at. But enough about that. Progressive definitely stepped up to bat. Due to some screw ups with the first body shop sending my car to Orlando because they thought it had an aluminum frame(it doesn't) without even putting a magnet to it, they paid my rental for close to 80 days. That is unheard of in the insurance world. And they bought all my front trim in black optics, because I did the leg work and gave them estimates comparable to stock trim. They really went the extra mile. New belly pan and false firewall cover and gasket that were lost somewhere in between here, Orlando and back, we're replaced. Overall very happy with their customer service. Do not get an initial estimate at their service center. Their system will not accurately estimate your damage for our cars. Find a good Indy body shop and have them do the estimate for your adjuster. If your adjuster would like to talk with mine to get a better understanding of our cars, I can give you her number.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Yeah, experience with them?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

And the 10k estimate is right on. I'm pretty sure we would have nearly identical estimates and mine was about that all said and done.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

*twitch* flashback *twitch*

I went through this a little over a year ago. Not fun. My biggest problem was the radiator support. There wasn't any available anywhere. Backorder from Audi with no eta. Found that Audi's vendor literally needed to mold some new ones.

I hit the deer harder. Insurance decided to total it. After over 3 months. Have the best body shop in your area fix it. Make sure they have a fantastic reputation. Expierence with German cars is needed. Also it would be good if they have a history with custom hot rod and restoration work.

Also, part of the way through it, bring them a case of beer. It's amazing how effective that can be
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post

Also, part of the way through it, bring them a case of beer. It's amazing how effective that can be
    And a case of Pepsi for the NA's....and a pizza....a bit of appreciation goes a long way!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Someone bring me a pizza and case of beer please.

Bummer- |(

Good luck with a resolution
    210K miles rolled

Yes, we work for pizza... This is pretty entertaining..
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Car just left on a flat bed. Now the fun begins...

Wanted to thank everyone for the advise and info. I'll post some updates when I know more.

Damn, both of these have all the same broken parts....

http://www.shokan.com/viewcar.php?ca...i-Turbo&id=778

http://www.shokan.com/viewcar.php?ca...i-Turbo&id=697

You could contact Aaron who still has the engine listed on eBay from the car he was parting out. It was hit on the front, but from the photos I'm suspect both fenders escaped injury (check last two photos in auction listing). http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS6-Eng...item3384fd32c7

Could also contact this member about buying this car for all the parts you need, then parting out the remainder. Believe all the parts you're looking for are here minus paint and plenty of remaining parts with homes already being looked for from other members if you parted things out. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26515-03-RS6-Part-Out

Finally, if you are seeing BIG $$$ and want a solution that will simply bolt up in place without needing any paint, you can certainly look to contact these guys and see about getting a package deal on the parts you require and paying the nominal $500-700 it would cost to have it shipped to you.....
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREAKING-200...item2c6d672813 They might only have doors left for this car, but they do have a rad support it appears in stock...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Pane...item2c7ae0eb83
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; February 22nd, 2014 at 03:32.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

WOW! Thank you for putting this together.

I know your being fecicious Pat. You work for beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Yes, we work for pizza... This is pretty entertaining..
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Everyone

Please stop running into $ hit with your RS6s

Dang

Stop wrecking engines and transmissions.

Hehe

The kettle just blew the pot across the street.

I give all the engine credit to GIAC. Owned the car 3 days. I just made damn sure the service contract could not fix it.

I can take credit for 1 transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Stop wrecking engines and transmissions.

Hehe

Got the estimate in. It's a total loss. ~$15k in repairs. Will be talking to a rep tomorrow to determine my options. Including details below for the sake of documentation on 905593.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi repair estimate-page-001.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	15029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi repair estimate-page-002.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	15030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi repair estimate-page-003.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	15031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi repair estimate-page-004.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	15032

Haven't decided if I want to pursue keeping/repairing this car but found 5 others currently up for sale that I would consider for a replacement ( similar mileage / late production ).

What a fricking bummer.

Shit, we all should all pitch in to buy it from insurance and store it if you decide to move on.

That said, I have thought sometimes that a minor hit that did not deeply damage the car - but totaled it - wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I would buy it back, get it fixed by myself and some body guys I know, and put $7-8K in my pocket. Whether that $7-8K is worth being married or not is another story...(my wife is getting less and less approving of my greasemonkeying around. I need to be a more sophisticated, middle-aged man).

So their labor is $2233/44= $51/hr?????? Seems really cheap.

It does make my never mounted Daytona Gray Front License Plate Bracket worth:

[$378 + .4($50)].099 sales tax = $437.40

Better put that sucker in the safe!

What a ripoff.

Best of luck.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    15-18k
    Rad support is $$$

Good luck and fight hard for new parts.