Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS6 Bumper Cover..

RS6 Bumper Cover..

Well, it pains me to say it, but I need a new bumper cover. The front driver's corner is all cracked up from sliding into a concrete barrier during the snow/ice we had here in SW WA. Fortunately the damage is fairly minor, with the bumper skin and the fender being the only major components in need of replacing. The fender seems to be fairly reasonably priced from Audi, but they want around $1100 for the bumper skin. Does anyone know of a source for RS6 body parts at less $$ than Audi? I found a couple of options with a simple Google search, but I'm leery of buying a "remanufactured OEM" cover from an online shop without some assurance that it'll be the correct part and in usable condition.

I'll also be needing some other miscellaneous parts, such as the headlight washer sprayer, the sprayer cover, and a little "T" fitting for the sprayer. Any suggestions on the best source for those? (Fortunately the headlight assembly survived in one piece..)

All suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance!
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Also, be careful that the fender you are getting is from a second gen A6 4.2 or an RS6 as they are Aluminum and other A6 fenders don't have the same flare and are Steel. I find www.genuineaudiparts.com to have some of the best prices. Also known as Miramar Audi.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Thanks! Yep that part I was aware of. Aren't ours also a bit longer than the A6? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.. Either way, I plan to buy the fender from Audi, or somewhere like genuineaudiparts.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Not sure what you are looking for....but there is this.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...287124039.html

Shipping is the killer.

Seems like a steal. Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Audi-Rs...-/141178955558 A little ripple in the fender well trim easily fixed. As long as it's the Gen II C5 V8 it should be the same.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Thanks for the leads! I've contacted them both. The fender listing has ended but I've sent them a message on the off chance that they might have a source for another one. We'll see how the bumper one plays out. At that price, I'd be willing to pay a premium for shipping as long as they do a good job packing it.

Again, thanks for the help!

I tried buying just the lower grille from the guy in Minnie as I need one, but I didn't want to deal with the whole bumper. If you get the bumper, I'll buy the grille!

Sounds good! He replied that it's still for sale, just waiting to hear if he's willing to deal with shipping the whole bumper halfway across the country.. If it goes through I'll let you know, I don't need the grille.

I got a re-conned (sanded, primed, ready to go) front bumper cover for ya, $750 shipped to your house. Will accept bitcoin. I can put a package together and send you the other pieces too. Let me know what you need. PM away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    I got a re-conned (sanded, primed, ready to go) front bumper cover for ya, $750 shipped to your house. Will accept bitcoin. I can put a package together and send you the other pieces too. Let me know what you need. PM away.
    PM answered!

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    Sounds good! He replied that it's still for sale, just waiting to hear if he's willing to deal with shipping the whole bumper halfway across the country.. If it goes through I'll let you know, I don't need the grille.
    My guess is he is not. I can do some shipping....surprising how an RS fender fits in the cockpit of a 737.

905084, I'll be in touch if I hear back on the bumper in MN. So far the last I heard was that he'd try to get me some photos.

Now, who is the best source for the Wagner IC kit? And is that the way to go for upgraded IC's? Since my foglight bracket, foglight, IC grille, and IC duct are all broken courtesy of the concrete barrier, I figure this is a good a time as any to go ahead and upgrade my (presumed leaking) IC's. The best price I am seeing is through KMD Tuning at $1490. Is there any better source out there? And are there any other aftermarket IC kits worth looking in to? I seem to remember seeing one other brand pop up in a thread once, but I don't remember what it was or if anyone actually tried it...
    Last edited by P1054; February 18th, 2014 at 07:50.

I got mine from Eurotek Tuning in Vegas for about 2k. This included the CF shrouds, covers, and silicone hoses. The intercooler itself is huge and well built. The CF shroud and hose fitment leave a little to be desired. I had to trim one CF to get the bumper to fit and you'll need to drill a hole in the left one if you want to drain the radiator. The silicone hoses were about 3/8 to half inch too long but the quality otherwise was good. Eurotek gave me "credit" for the $35 customs bill I got after they imported them. Not a real classy move.

As for others, Apikol does them with the original end tanks and a guy in Seattle will use your originals and put in new cores. Thing 1 I used thinned JB weld on to seal and that costs nothing but your time.

Okay. I actually have a set of Venair hoses as well, if I have the same problem with hose sizes I can use them instead. But it sounds like $1490 is a pretty good price then..? Has anyone else had any dealings with KMD Tuning? Are they a legitimate company? I'd like to order the IC's soon so I can get my car back together with minimal downtime.

Thanks for the other suggestions too, keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    905084, I'll be in touch if I hear back on the bumper in MN. So far the last I heard was that he'd try to get me some photos.

Now, who is the best source for the Wagner IC kit? And is that the way to go for upgraded IC's? Since my foglight bracket, foglight, IC grille, and IC duct are all broken courtesy of the concrete barrier, I figure this is a good a time as any to go ahead and upgrade my (presumed leaking) IC's. The best price I am seeing is through KMD Tuning at $1490. Is there any better source out there? And are there any other aftermarket IC kits worth looking in to? I seem to remember seeing one other brand pop up in a thread once, but I don't remember what it was or if anyone actually tried it...

I got my wagner kit with all of the hoses, clamps, carbon, grilles the other day for 1450 shipped from KMD.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

I also happen to have all of the stock foglights, foglight brackets, grilles, and ducts available if you want to go that route. If so, PM me.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDI View Post
    I got my wagner kit with all of the hoses, clamps, carbon, grilles the other day for 1450 shipped from KMD.
    Thanks! I think I'm going to go that route. I appreciate the offer of the fog light parts though! If anyone is interested, I too will most likely have some of the OEM parts for sale, including the right side fog light mount, shroud, and fog light assembly.

It looks like I have nearly all of the parts for the fix sourced already, the only ones left are a couple of small fittings and the mounting bracket for the headlight sprayer assembly, along with the right side sprayer cap (the painted piece that goes on top). Does anyone know of a good source for these? Are they interchangeable with C5 A6's?

Okay, so the front end is pretty well taken apart right now, and I'm getting lot of maintenance and part replacement done, but I still don't have the bumper cover, fender, or headlight sprayer parts. I think I'll probably end up getting the sprayer cover from eBay, they are pretty reasonably priced. The fittings and mounting bracket I'm not sure about, I was hoping to find a facelifted A6 in a U-Pull-It but no luck so far. I was planning to get the bumper cover and fender from kgnast, but I haven't got a response in some time now so I'm not sure what the situation is. Does anyone else have any good sources or ideas? There are several companies I've found online who sell reconditioned bumper covers, but as I mentioned earlier I don't want to buy from an un-vetted source and end up with the wrong part.