Thread: it looks like i might be back...that didn't take too long :)

it looks like i might be back...that didn't take too long :)

had to go back and buy another RS6 after less than a year since i sold mine....why? simply because i like it and felt that i have sold the previous one too soon, so here is what i have bought today, an '04 model with 143k on the clock, that's right, 143k miles on the clock and still on DRC and stock gearbox, well not really sure yet if they're still the original ones but they're running very good now, will have to go through the receipts and confirm. Have tested the car and the gearbox seems to be strong and so does the suspension, they guy had a full stack of receipts but didn't really care too much about it, after i drove it i knew i would buy it . Still don't know when was the last time the timing was done but, since i have to replace the driver side cooling fan, will probably do it at the same time. Not a fan of the interior color combo(red leather and alcantara on the seats) but at least it's in a very good condition and i guess the miles were mostly done on the highway since the wear is so minimum, the steering wheel looks better than my old one did at 90k. I will get the car tomorrow and it goes straight to have it valeted and then some pictures, until then here is a few from the ex. owner. Oooh yeah, the price was a killer one so couldn't just pass by . Good to be back in this car!

Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Ohhh I hope you have matching stilettos and handbag

Panda Please post that great write up with stiletto you had on the euro site, was too funny. How's the beast, still breaking in new trans? Be nice to it!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

alright, so picked up the car this morning and have already left it with the detailing guys, very good friends of mine and very good professionals, did all my cars with them. Had some time to go through the pile or receipts and it turns out the car had so far 2 gearboxes replaced by Audi, last one was at 100k miles, first one at 60k miles, and the DRC was also replaced twice, last time was done back in 2012 at 121k miles so this one is i think still under warranty. Couldn't however find when was the timing belt done last time, will have to call the dealer to get some info

Get that timing belt done soon if you don't find the receipts. Also time to have the tranny fluid done if you want it last since it now has 43K on it. Car looks clean.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Welcome back aboard the crazy train!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

yeap, still can't find that receipt, trying to get a hold of the ex-owner but it looks like he is no longer in the country. Would it be ok if i use a kit which was bought new from ecs 3 years ago but has never been used? has the age affected the belt?

on the receipts the first timing belt shows up being done at 55k miles by Audi, that's strange...following this pattern it must have been done at 110k miles again, however the receipt is missing or i am missing something...

DRC was actually replaced 3 times, first time if failed at around 30k miles... ridiculous...
    Last edited by mik15; February 16th, 2014 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Panda Please post that great write up with stiletto you had on the euro site, was too funny. How's the beast, still breaking in new trans? Be nice to it!
    Thread is here

http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php...07702&start=30
    bam_bam wrote:
    amanda1 wrote:
    517 will warranty their full gearbox rebuild IIRC for 2 yrs...........my stealer will warranty their work, so I am happy. I was happier to use 517 rather than amd and their so called unproven Trans experts. As bam says the yanks are expert at slush boxes

Cannot wait to get her back tomorrow and stick the rest of the running in mileage on....................

So who pays the 24hr booktime to remove the 517 unit if it fails? Who pays for the outbound and inbound shipping to repair [under warranty] the failed 517 'box? Do you have the warranty in writing that says your stealer will stand by a non-Audi rebuilt transmission?

You might be happy now and I hope it doesn't fail but if it does, tell us EXACTLY how you think it will all play out? And just for shitz n gigglez, how long do you think the timeline will be?

I will deal with all that if it happens ................ (In other words I am not even thinking about failure)

But let's do a senerio for a laugh!!!! Please be aware this is MADE UP in a fuddled pandas brain cells.

Unit fails after 1 week...........me tears her hair out ( my own fault as I was giving it wot)
    Back to audi hmmmm they love this car......
    Audi come back and say unit has failed .........not our fault!
    On phone ASAP to 517
    Return gearbox to us

Phone warranty company and tell them gearbox has failed again!

Wait for authorisation for removal of said box

Authorisation given after days of backing and fro ing because you require new replacement box fitted when it arrives.

Wait for audi to remove box

Wait for courier to pick up box

Wait for gearbox to clear customs on both sides of the pond

Wait for diagnosis of box........................killed because I used too much WOT

Hmmmmm gearbox is dead cos you didn't do the running in mileage correctly.....................I ask how you can tell, answered by saying well your lead stiletto has been left on the gearbox casing.....piccie included

Said lead stiletto..........517 keeping it as they have a shoe fetish but will give me a discount for it as it is used a smells of cheese.

Gearbox rebuilt after a 12 mth wait due to every c5 rs6 owner sending all their chocolate boxes to the states.

4 mths shipping back to the uk when on uk customs swipe the box and impound it until 1500 is paid.

Meanwhile I have turned to drink and have to use a bitch because the Warrenty company authorisation expired ...........

When authorisation is finally reinstated petrol is now obsolete .....so car is useless!

Congratulations buddy veryyyyy good deal .. I was looking at the ad for this sale and for one day was thinking and second day when i went back the ad was GONE .... all the best in the new beast buddy welcome back to the club
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

made the first long trip today going to my mechanic, about 100 miles from where i live, and definitely can say that the car runs great, couldn't be any happier for now. Despite the higher mileage, it feels better than the previous RS6 i had, maybe it's just placebo, but to me it does. Left the car there for the timing belt kit, oil change and filter, prop-shaft seal, all the thin vacuum lines, left inner axle boot and whatever else he says we should change.

...and a properly working DRC is really great, had a working one on the other one as well but it didn't feel so good, so obviously not all Audi shops know how to properly install and pressurize, i guess that makes the big difference.