Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dahlback or Apikol???

Dash Dahlback or Apikol???

Worth the extra $ for the Carbon fiber cover? are they about the same performance wise?

What item you talking about? DV's? IC's?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    What item you talking about? DV's? IC's?
    Intakes....(sorry for that omission)

i would get Apikol and make my own rear engine cover. Not worth the extra grandish for the carbon cover
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

If you ask me I think all those intakes are overpriced. How expensive can it really be to make your own with the same components? Measure, measure, mock, materials, cut, bend, test-fit, install. Two pieces of pipe, two filters, two silicone couplers, eight clamps, two or four bolts.

i'll be more then happy to purchase a new intake setup of you design and build for a reasonable price

In all actuality though, time is the biggest constraint of mine. I work upwards of 90-110 hours per week. With kids, gym, and actually DRIVING my rs6... there isn't much time for design and fab.

Just so everyone knows, they havent updated the pic on Apikols website. That was the original one off my car for prototyping.

They are now one peice mandrel bent pipes, no seems or welds, and much nicer hold down brackets.

And they nice part of the intake is the aluminum sleeves for the air filters that slip into the stock air ducts to feed the front section of the cone

Awesome thanks, just ordered Wagner ICs... gonna see how those do then decide if ib want to do the intake. .. mostly looking for that "intake growl" that comes with aftermarket systems. As long as I can avoid Heat soak, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD2500HD View Post
    Awesome thanks, just ordered Wagner ICs... gonna see how those do then decide if ib want to do the intake. .. mostly looking for that "intake growl" that comes with aftermarket systems. As long as I can avoid Heat soak, that is.
    I've got Wag's with my Midwest Turbo's.....sound is much better than the stock wifey's....and faster.

Good to know, thanks! I have in the shop right now Waterpump just went out. So with it apart I'm doing 75k service timing belts and what not. But good news is intercoolers won't cost anything to install... plus side I guess.

Good to know, thanks! I have in the shop right now Waterpump just went out. So with it apart I'm doing 75k service timing belts and what not. But good news is intercoolers won't cost anything to install... plus side I guess.
    If you have the warm weather package with the aux rads and are intending to keep them, then there is certain to be some cost associated with swapping the system over to mount on new intercoolers I would think.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I plan on doing a little test regarding our air induction tomorrow. I will try to post my results tomorrow as well.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Did you get this test done? Didn't see it if you posted it

No sorry. Thought I was going to have time. Maybe this weekend.
    Did you get this test done? Didn't see it if you posted it
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

4 ever. Any word?

4 ever. Any word?
    Nope again. It hasn't been very weather permitting. I tried a couple logs, but it was too wet and slippery. I need a nice dry surface.

Did anyone figure out the best intake that will keep heat-soak down and sound amazing and increase power? Or am I hunting for a unicorn here?