Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Intercooler data? CFM flow? Pressure drop figures?

Condensed version of a prior post: Couple of years ago I drove and viewed live data, one with stock IC's and other with ( i think) Wagner IC's to compare IAT temps. Used a 32 mile highway loop with less than 3 miles of side streets.

The stock IC had lower IAT's by some margin on the freeway. Couple of quick accelerations didn't make a difference or cause heat soak. The big IC's seem to help with low speed heat soak (and of course dyno pulls).

The other part of the equation is air flow thru the engine compartment. The stock IC car was better in this regard. I "redid" the air flow of big IC car but did not have time to retest.

Big IC's are desirable but would certainly say there's more too it than just bolting them on, expecting improvements in all conditions.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

G2, I did some data logging with my Wagners about 3 years ago when we were having some real warm weather, I found that in almost every aspect except for stopped and idling that the Wagners were always cooler. At wide open throttle and highway cruising there was a large margin. I will say that I have removed the Aux radiators and I do have the Wagner CF ducts without foglamps which has to help a lot with airflow over the Intercoolers.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Good to hear. Thinking that's another data point that reinforces how important engine compartment air flow is. My approach will be H20 Injection first (bought a Devils Own), then bigger IC's if/when needed. Biggest issue in our region and city is low speed heat soak. I do everything possible to avoid town driving and rarely do with the RS6.
    Bought a bunch of goodies to aid air flow and should have it installed before the heat hits us again. Hoping to do some track days this year. That may poke a big hole in the re-engineered setup. Step by step.

Each car is different it seems.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

I finally did the fog light delete and put on the Wagner mesh, i've included a couple of before and after photos. It looks like it opened up about 40% direct flow to the intercoolers. With the fog light bracket almost centered between each intercooler, my question is how have we not concocted an easy way for a sprayer system? This might be a stupid question but is windshield washer fluid corrosive or will it leave residue on the intercoolers fins?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1336.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	17700

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	17701

Name:	IMG_1357.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	17702
    Daytona Grey/ Ebony/Carbon | APR ECU/TCU | Wagner intercoolers, silicone hoses | Clampco T-bolts | APR axel back exhaust | Apikol MAF seal | 18x9.5 STR 609s | 265/35 Michelin PSS | Hotchkis sway bars |

Quote Originally Posted by RS Sick View Post
    I finally did the fog light delete and put on the Wagner mesh, i've included a couple of before and after photos. It looks like it opened up about 40% direct flow to the intercoolers. With the fog light bracket almost centered between each intercooler, my question is how have we not concocted an easy way for a sprayer system? This might be a stupid question but is windshield washer fluid corrosive or will it leave residue on the intercoolers fins?

Name:	IMG_1336.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	17700

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	17701

Name:	IMG_1357.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	17702
    Looking good! Still want to do mine someday, need the Wagner grills.

Plenty of spray kits out there, easy. Don't tap into your washer fluid tank. Look up the co2 spray systems. A good water meth kit will get you much more performance though, most just go with that.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Resurrecting an old thread here (but better than starting a new one)...what Bell cores did people end up using, size-wise? I want something that is proven and worked/fit easily.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread here (but better than starting a new one)...what Bell cores did people end up using, size-wise? I want something that is proven and worked/fit easily.
    I used model # A300090100

Amazon sells them.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Thank you steve!
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.