Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercooler data? CFM flow? Pressure drop figures?

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    That's an RS4 though.
    uhhhh. I can't look at the video at work to verify, but I'm pretty sure that is not true. Someone verify please.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDI View Post
    uhhhh. I can't look at the video at work to verify, but I'm pretty sure that is not true. Someone verify please.
    Yep, it's in the name of the video too

Don't think it makes too much difference though, shows the impact of the upgrade...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Nubcake. Nice catch. I don't know how I missed that. I do still agree with lswing though. It is still good data for the wagners.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

Personally, I feel wagners are a poor design for a street car, 4" is just to thick, needs alot if airflow, and will retain heat longer than a thinner intercooler.

The 3.5" core seems more optimal and is what i have used in the past to make intercoolers. I have been using Spearco cores though, not Bell.

The B5 RS4 test is a valid one. The closest to an actual RS6 test.

The old flow vs temps regulation applies here. I don't really want the IC that flows gobs of air. I want good flow but low IAT temps.

The Audizine link that Yokust provided has some excellent test results. Look at the plot graphs of the flow vs IAT temps. That guy did a fantastic job of data capture.

This graph is pure gold.

http://www.myaudis4.com/intercooler-faceoff/

And from these results the clear winner is SillyRabbitMotorsports. FTW....clear winner hands down.

Haha, who says made in America costs too much? SRM intercoolers are also the cheapest.

http://sillyrabbitmotorsport.com/aud...4-intercoolers
    Last edited by DHall1; February 4th, 2014 at 19:55.

Quote from website

After 12 long years, an affordable SMIC set that performs. Made by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. These come with a limited lifetime warranty against leaks or core failure. Please allow up to 15 business days for your order to ship. Once an order is placed for this product, there is a 30% restocking and raw materials fee for any cancellations. Each set is made to order! THIS PRODUCT IS FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY. Fits both s4 and rs4 models from 2000-2002 and ALL other vehicles using the 2.7T engine with little to no cosmetic modification.
    HAND MADE IN THE USA (unlike all other vendors)
    INDEPENDANT TESTING OF ALL POPULAR SMIC'S http://www.myaudis4.com/intercooler-faceoff/

Can someone loan me a set of RS6 intercoolers? I want them to build a set for the RS6. I'm ready to give them my business today. I will order two sets.

DHall......I just bought RAUDI's intercoolers.....was going to seal them up as spares. Let me know if you're serious.
    '03 RS6: Full APR EMCS/TCU, Nurburgring Bronze 19x8.5, Freshly Rebuilt Turbos, Gutted Precats, Stern Racing Mounts, SAI Delete, Aux Radiator Delete, Venair Hoses, Koni Yellows.....

What brand cores is that place using? You can buy cxracing chinese cores very cheap, but never seem any testing versus a proven core. Bell and spearco cost $500-600 just for the two bare cores.

Note that our stock IC's are somewhat similar to radiators with the end tanks somehow pressed onto the cores. If they were welded, you would see welds. Therefore, the outer dimensions of the end tanks are larger than the outer dimensions of the cores. I'm betting if you were to retain the stock end tanks and weld cores to them, you would gain at least 10mm in width and depth. I'm looking into doing this but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Can someone loan me a set of RS6 intercoolers? I want them to build a set for the RS6. I'm ready to give them my business today. I will order two sets.
    Who is "Them"? I'm confused. I'm guessing "Them" takes Bell cores and welds them to stock RS6 end tanks?

Unless Silly Rabbit needs them for mocking up a set of custom ICs. If so, Tell them I'll buy a set too and can send them my leaking ICs. Volume pricing maybe?

I've also read that the SRM downpipes were just rebranded ssac ones? Not sure if they do the same with any other products.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Apikol uses stock and tanks welded to 9.4x10x3.5 cores.

Im gonna do the same to mine..

Send SRM a set of stock RS6 intercoolers for mockup

SRM makes the end tanks custom. Complete custom fitment.

Data does not lie. The SRM data looks good enough for me. Iam down for a set.

I am also going to talk with SRM about the downpipes....it looks like they had a redesign.

Yes, them=SRM

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post

Who is "Them"? I'm confused. I'm guessing "Them" takes Bell cores and welds them to stock RS6 end tanks?

Unless Silly Rabbit needs them for mocking up a set of custom ICs. If so, Tell them I'll buy a set too and can send them my leaking ICs. Volume pricing maybe?

I've also read that the SRM downpipes were just rebranded ssac ones? Not sure if they do the same with any other products.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket View Post
    Personally, I feel wagners are a poor design for a street car, 4" is just to thick, needs alot if airflow, and will retain heat longer than a thinner intercooler.

The 3.5" core seems more optimal and is what i have used in the past to make intercoolers. I have been using Spearco cores though, not Bell.
    Exactly, that's why comparison of "stock RS4 vs wagners" may be irrelevant for us - RS4 wagners are 3.5".

Data does not lie. The SRM data looks good enough for me. Iam down for a set.
    Keep this old fellow in mind for a GB- I would be interested
    210K miles rolled

Sure, $999 deposit.....let me know!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

DONE

I just talked to Sean. He has the cores ready to go. These cores on on some of the big hp S4s pushing 700hp and the flow data speaks for itself.

He had the cores custom made just for SRM.

Beardown.....send me your contact info via PM....I need those intercoolers as mockup. EDIT: Lou....you may be closer. Can you pitch in your old ones for mockup? Do they still have the brackets for aux rads? I will pay shipping.

The intercoolers will be custom fit to my personal RS6 so we can make 100% sure they fit correctly. Yes kids, that means I'am taking my car to Sean for the final prototype and fitments.

I would say we are good to go here. Sean is ready and has the cores. Let's get this going.....summer is quickly around the corner.

Sure, guessing around $50 shipping, can sort that later. Don't think they have the brackets on them anymore, will double check, might have them around. Got in and out plastic pieces. You going to redo those also going up in size? Or same faceplate just deeper?