Thread: MAF/inlet seal opinions please?

Question MAF/inlet seal opinions please?

Pictured below are my MAF seals. As you can see, I could use a new set. What options do I have here. Apikol? Where to buy, ect...

Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Hey, Kyle! How's the new beast faring in these never-ending stupid cold temps?... I assume the need to replace the seals is not entirely due to the cold, but it can't help. ....It's been averaging -10F for my early morning commutes since the first week of January---it's gotta be even colder up 'Nort in "God's Country!"
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Your probably right, OEM or Apikol. I installed new OEM when I pulled my engine a few years ago but I lubed them with a film of Silicone grease so the MAF's would slide in or out without too much friction on the seal. I think in the last 2~3 years though, I've only had my airbox off once or twice.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I have 2 new OEM I will sell, 100 shipped for the pair.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

The apikols are great!

Hey Greg. Ya this winter has been brutal. In my home I have electric heat with lp backup so I get a discounted electrical rate, but my last bill was almost 500 bucks. Ouch. During that polar vortex, or whatever they dramatized the name to be, we had a wind chill of -50°f. Nasty.

I've been watching your diff seal issue, I hope it ends up well. You might have some runout in that side. I think it can be shimmed. Not 100% on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    Hey, Kyle! How's the new beast faring in these never-ending stupid cold temps?... I assume the need to replace the seals is not entirely due to the cold, but it can't help. ....It's been averaging -10F for my early morning commutes since the first week of January---it's gotta be even colder up 'Nort in "God's Country!"
    Last edited by 4everRS; January 30th, 2014 at 20:11.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

That's a good price for OEM considering they list over 100 per piece from a dealer. Thanks for the offer Mark, but I think I'll go with Apikol.

I was perusing through the Apikol site and saw the rear diff mount, as well as cross member bushings. Are they worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    I have 2 new OEM I will sell, 100 shipped for the pair.

They were on my s4, really tightened up the driveline. I had all the mounts available. I'll be doing the same with the Black Widow build.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

$100 for 2 O-rings...never happen. I disconnected my MAF's from my airbox and they STAY in my intakes. Never wear out from being removed and I never hurt my wires or MAF plugs trying to remove them under the airbox..
    2013 Audi S8

I agree mike. This is the first I've had the airbox off since I bought this car. I've already Removed the mafs for future removal.