Thread: TWS- Jan 2014

TWS- Jan 2014

It was a fun weekend of pushing Crazy around TWS...

210K miles rolled

Randy, you are my hero. I can't wait to start tearing up tracks. That Porsche couldn't get away!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

^LOL- It was a lot of fun- I only ran Saturday's 4 sessions. Funny thing- I did not give one point-by all day. There were others that were faster but I stayed out of radar apparently..;0

The Black GT3 owner came by to see "what was in it". He said he was surprised not to pull away on straights. We then went over and spoke with the owner of the Mustang in the vid. It was a Hennessy Mod (Serial #1). The thing was an absolute monster and easily pulled on both of us (on the straight at least..;0).

I have so many Targets of Opportunity to improve my skills- it makes the track a lot of fun. It is also fun to be around a bunch of other nuts that enjoy pushing themselves and their machines.

With any luck, we'll meet up at the track and harass each other
    210K miles rolled

Some mo vid fun..
    210K miles rolled

Session 4 vid...

210K miles rolled

You can count on it Randy!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^LOL- It was a lot of fun- I only ran Saturday's 4 sessions. Funny thing- I did not give one point-by all day. There were others that were faster but I stayed out of radar apparently..;0

The Black GT3 owner came by to see "what was in it". He said he was surprised not to pull away on straights. We then went over and spoke with the owner of the Mustang in the vid. It was a Hennessy Mod (Serial #1). The thing was an absolute monster and easily pulled on both of us (on the straight at least..;0).

I have so many Targets of Opportunity to improve my skills- it makes the track a lot of fun. It is also fun to be around a bunch of other nuts that enjoy pushing themselves and their machines.

With any luck, we'll meet up at the track and harass each other
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Great vids Randy. Its easy to tell you've gotten familiar with the track. I noticed your apex's are appropriately late, especially when another turn is coming.

Friends don't let friends apex early.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

^LOL- Now if I only had some friends

TWS is configured nicely for Crazy with the long straights. Around 140-145 at end of straight causes nice little shot of adrenaline crossing the apron- Gotta keep happy thoughts that the brakes are gonna work before/during the Turn-In for 2. Plenty of unhappy tire marks in the danger zone with a nice storm grate out there in the meadows waiting for lunch..;0
    210K miles rolled

Nice, very nice....

COTA, you hit that? Spending some time there next year. Individual dates are $2500, looking at groups.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'm about to pass you....in posts...not on the track, you got it dialed in man!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Nice, very nice....

COTA, you hit that? Spending some time there next year. Individual dates are $2500, looking at groups.
    I did CoTA in Jan/13 with The Driver's Edge group. We were the first DE that hit it. I am signed up to hit CoTA again for 3 days in late March with the BMW Lone Star Chapter.

Vid from last Jan..

210K miles rolled

Sweet! Gonna catch F1 this year and try and find a track group...

Cool to be layin some smack on the purebreds. The beasts are always handicapped on road courses due to the tall gearing. Have always wondered if it's possible to swap the shorter gearing for front and reat diffs from an S4 or RS4 in to our rides. I mean really. Who can enjoy the top part of the gearing in our cars for the most part anyway. Would rather be shiftig through all the gears on a track day like this instead of just the first 3 or 4.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Sweet! Gonna catch F1 this year and try and find a track group...
    I went to CoTA December/13 to watch the 18K rpm rockets. The sound was incredible when they lit those engines. Obviously, the speeds are insane. I encourage you to make the practice day if possible. It is easy to move around and see the various areas of the track. On the actual race days, the place is packed and movement is practically limited.

If you decide to go to CoTA for the F1, let me know as I may make the trek again.

Regarding groups for CoTA, check out MVP, BMW Lone Star. The BMW group had staged sign ups. I had participated in their track events and received a Tier 1 registration. However; it actually made it to the Tier 3 group (open registration) before filling up. $325/day and $40 member fee into BMWCCA. This could be an option for you in 2015 if they do it again.

MVP has a track weekend early February. I couldn't make it to this one. But this would also be another option. They may still have an opening. I received an email a few weeks ago saying they had a couple of spots open. I think it was approximately $1,400 for 3 days.

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com

I was with The Driver's Edge group in 2013. However; they have not scheduled a CoTA event for 2014.
    210K miles rolled