Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Finally Delivered!

Car Finally Delivered!

Never ship a car over the holiday's. Not sure any truckers work between Xmas and new years and then it snowed but my RS6 arrived and I have to admit I am impressed so far. Basically like new. It had clear 3M film along the front that had served its use and it was time to remove. But a quick trip to the detailers and some wheel work has it looking like new. Still need to get the wheels touched up but then she will be near perfect. 24.5k miles on the clock. The dealer offered me an 3/36 extended warranty that I am going to buy for $3,400. Plan to do a couple of things as far as maintenance goes but I plan to drive to piss out of it. Sold my BMW 3 series daily driver today so I will be putting 5-10k miles on per year. Previous owner just put in a k40 radar a few months ago that I hope to test. They claim they will pay any tickets for the first year so maybe I will give it a good breaking run somewhere. Here are a few picks:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	14743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	14744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0373.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	14745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0379.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	14746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0377.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	14747  
    2001 M5 / Missed Dearly - 1995 993 Porsche / Missed - 2004 996 Porsche / Not Missed - 1999 M3 / Not Missed - 2001 MCoupe / Recently Departed - 2003 RS6 - Current

Sweet. Who did you use for the auto transport?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Its a time capsule. Finally

Congrats and let the fun begin. Where was this thing listed?

Oh....the pinstripes. I hope its tape.

I used Lloyd at show car services out of Detroit. A lot of attention to detail on the delivery of the cars. Took the driver hours to offload the cars to get to mine. Not a scratch on either cars I had shipped. They only use box trucks, no open air shipments. Just took forever to get the car due to weather and holidays.
    2001 M5 / Missed Dearly - 1995 993 Porsche / Missed - 2004 996 Porsche / Not Missed - 1999 M3 / Not Missed - 2001 MCoupe / Recently Departed - 2003 RS6 - Current

Nice looking beast. Gotta ask though, what's up with the red pinstriping?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Red stripe and floor mats are a bit weak.....nice ride otherwise....

Das auto shippers, just sent coast to coast for 1300, perfect...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Looks amazing for a 10+yr old car. Which black? Not Ebony Pearl.....is it?

Needs lowered!
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

The pinstripe is actually Orange. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe it will grow on me.

Floor mats are Original Coco Mats http://www.cocomats.com/ and they are extra nice in the car. If you never owned them then you don't know what you are missing. I buy them for all my cars. They hide dirt and look great (at least in my opinion). Agree on the Orange pinstripe. Maybe buff it out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefo View Post
    The pinstripe is actually Orange. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe it will grow on me.
    Say it isn't so...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Pinstripes are painted? I doubt they painted them

Pick at them with your fingernail to find the edge.

If painted, find expert help...dont just hit em with a buffer

Floor mats are Original Coco Mats http://www.cocomats.com/ and they are extra nice in the car. If you never owned them then you don't know what you are missing. I buy them for all my cars. They hide dirt and look great (at least in my opinion). Agree on the Orange pinstripe. Maybe buff it out this week.

At first glance, I thought those mats were carpeted OEMs that were flipped upside down by the transport driver.
    I am clearly not a fan as I am entitled to my opinion; a set of All Weather Mats that snap in and call it a day.

If the intension is to "hide dirt", you clearly haven't seen Mr. Mop-N-Glo inner fender well man...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Hey, hey, hey

I think I resemble that comment. I don't know anything about no MopnGlow.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    At first glance, I thought those mats were carpeted OEMs that were flipped upside down by the transport driver.
    I am clearly not a fan as I am entitled to my opinion; a set of All Weather Mats that snap in and call it a day.

If the intension is to "hide dirt", you clearly haven't seen Mr. Mop-N-Glo inner fender well man...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Clearly no rain or snow in the part of the world where this car resides.... OMG.

Its the Mop n Glow....

My cars are real easy to work on.

^ I am so ashamed of my dirt bag compared to M&G every time I see Dhall's spotless animal...Jeez- I'll never live up..Oh well- I'm ripping it around Texas World Speedway in 10 days- and then CoTA in March! Dirt & all..;0

Pics of Crazy last Spring during some light maintenance..

BTW- Back to thread topic...Nice new ride!- Welcome aboard the...

Last edited by MaxRS6; January 15th, 2014 at 22:06.
    210K miles rolled

I had one shipped over the holidays too once, it was painful!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    This is CLEAN compared to either of my rides here.