Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Finally Delivered!

^The Arkansas climate doesn't hurt with regards to the underside. Rarely a snow day here to draw snow circles. However; not too bad for an 10 yr old 183K mile fellow that gets beat on a bit...;9
    210K miles rolled

in the 1980s I pinstriped (with cheap tape) my Turbo Quattro. But I was a teenager so I claim the ignorance of youth :P
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Mikefo, was the car you purchased from the Detroit owner previously owned by a US diplomat and returned at Audi in Germany? Looks great.
    Current: 2003 Audi RS6, 2007 E63 AMG, 2011 Dodge Ram
    Previous: 07 RS4, 05 E55 AMG, 03 S8, 04 A8L, 04 S4, 01 A8L

The pin stripe doesn't bother me - after 10 years of looking at my car, I often wonder what subtle change I could make to it to give it a fresh look < I duck as multiple wrenches are thrown at me >
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Do you have ride height specs and coilover measurements that you could share?

I will be installing H&R coilovers on #3 next week.

Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    The pin stripe doesn't bother me - after 10 years of looking at my car, I often wonder what subtle change I could make to it to give it a fresh look < I duck as multiple wrenches are thrown at me >

No, the car spent all it's life with one owner in Morristown, NJ. His records show he purchased it new and had all service done at the local dealer. He was a CEO of a Fortune 500 company now retired. They insulted him on the trade in value when he purchased a new RS6. That's were I stepped in. Really spared no expense on the car. The car is growing on me. Much more mellow around town then my old e39 m5. Really like the low base from the exhaust. Still have not had a chance to give it a really good run yet as it's been a crazy work week but the weekend is near.
    2001 M5 / Missed Dearly - 1995 993 Porsche / Missed - 2004 996 Porsche / Not Missed - 1999 M3 / Not Missed - 2001 MCoupe / Recently Departed - 2003 RS6 - Current

New RS6? Agree on the exhaust, the stock SE with black tips has a great rumble. Enjoy the ride!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I was was thinking the same thing, Lou. Do ex-CEO's of Fortune 500 companies have the ability to get the car?!?

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    New RS6? Agree on the exhaust, the stock SE with black tips has a great rumble. Enjoy the ride!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I was was thinking the same thing, Lou. Do ex-CEO's of Fortune 500 companies have the ability to get the car?!?
    Unless that Fortune 500 company is AoA... but then again he wouldn't be trading in the car and be insulted.
    He would just "ship" an exempt C6/C7 RS6 over for "demonstration" purposes...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by mtmscs4 View Post
    Mikefo, was the car you purchased from the Detroit owner previously owned by a US diplomat and returned at Audi in Germany? Looks great.
    I'm the "new" owner of Bobski's RS6. Like Mikefo I too had to wait over the holidays for the car to be delivered. Mine arrived by ship into Baltimore on Christmas Eve 2012, it was delivered to my house on Jan 12th 2013. I drive it 100 miles every weekday to work and on many long trips. So far this last year I added 40,000 miles to the clock.

Congratulations Mikefo your gonna love your car it's a thrill to drive!
    2015 Q7 TDI 2013 TTS 2003 RS6 2000 A6 4.2 Widebody
    1984 Thunderbird (351 Supercharged) 1975 Nissan Fairlady Z

Congrats, she looks great! Apart from the aforementioned pinstripe, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by humantic View Post
    I'm the "new" owner of Bobski's RS6. Like Mikefo I too had to wait over the holidays for the car to be delivered. Mine arrived by ship into Baltimore on Christmas Eve 2012, it was delivered to my house on Jan 12th 2013. I drive it 100 miles every weekday to work and on many long trips. So far this last year I added 40,000 miles to the clock.

Congratulations Mikefo your gonna love your car it's a thrill to drive!
    Dang, impressive mileage. I drove 4k, short commute, no road trips. Any mechanical issues? I drove mine 6 days a week and was a great year of driving, except one little repair coming up...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Dang, impressive mileage. I drove 4k, short commute, no road trips. Any mechanical issues? I drove mine 6 days a week and was a great year of driving, except one little repair coming up...
    No issues whatsoever (knocking on wood). We did the tbelt about 20k ago, and of course regular oil changes. We plan on changing the trans fluid, flushing the brake lines and refreshing the power steering fluid this spring. Despite all that driving I look forward to every opportunity to drive this car.
    2015 Q7 TDI 2013 TTS 2003 RS6 2000 A6 4.2 Widebody
    1984 Thunderbird (351 Supercharged) 1975 Nissan Fairlady Z