Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2003 RS6 Build Sheet with Dyno Results

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    Here is what I found a while back.

Attachment 14758

http://www.mrctuning.com/index.php?o...=59#drivetrain

These look nice...for what that's worth.

Not worth $2700.00+
    Ooops- I meant MRC and that was their response above.
    210K miles rolled

Nice numbers! So just to clarify, this is on the stock block? Basically upgraded turbos, exhaust, intake, water/meth, fuel injectors, intercoolers, engine/trans mounts and a beefed up trans? What about your downpipes? Nice numbers for bolt-ons (albeit expensive bolt-ons).

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Nice numbers! So just to clarify, this is on the stock block? Basically upgraded turbos, exhaust, intake, water/meth, fuel injectors, intercoolers, engine/trans mounts and a beefed up trans? What about your downpipes? Nice numbers for bolt-ons (albeit expensive bolt-ons).
    There are a handful of cars with this block running 7-900 HP. You can find some crazy race car builds out there using our engine.

It would be nice to have closer to 500whp with this $10k or so in mods/labor, but that torque is off the charts. I swear there is something off with their Dyno calibration or how they're testing. That super high torque that continues to drop just seems odd, unless they intentionally tune it like that for a kick in the pants off the line.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    The entire exhaust is Milltek DP back. The block is stock.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    There are a handful of cars with this block running 7-900 HP. You can find some crazy race car builds out there using our engine.

It would be nice to have closer to 500whp with this $10k or so in mods/labor, but that torque is off the charts. I swear there is something off with their Dyno calibration or how they're testing. That super high torque that continues to drop just seems odd, unless they intentionally tune it like that for a kick in the pants off the line.
    Like Tony said, it was just what the engine wanted. I guess it would be nice to SAY I have 500whp. But if the engine is running within safe parameters..which according to Tony it is, then I am cool with it.

I assure you it will be on other dynos! I am just soo excited to get to drive in a couple of weeks.

This is Terry Griffin being a little bit artistic with the photos. I will get some other ones with the front end showing the carbon fibre splitter.

Name:  RS6 Terry Shot.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  RS6frontside.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  48.6 KB

I picked the car up last week in Berkeley. Let's just say I am completely overwhelmed by the fit and finish of the work of Griffin Motorwerke.

http://www.g-werke.com/

The power comes on like a dream and pulls like a freight train. The power is sooo linear. It is deceptively fast. Before you know it you are at 130mph and it feels like you are going 80. Gotta be careful... I told Terry Griffin about one of my early morning runs on Hwy 101 the other morning. His response was be careful, that car is a weapon. Maybe an overstatement but damn this car feels fast and solid.

The car rides awesome!! We upped the front spring rate to 680lbs. over the stock rate of 515lbs that came with the Bilsteins PSS9 coil over kit. The car tracks perfect over bumps. It is not harsh at all. I don't know how it will work on the track but I didn't build this for the track. All of the systems seem to integrate beautifully. We did raise it up a little. I liked the way it looked before but this setting is more appropriate for the street.

It brakes true and straight. There seems to be no noticeable dive. It seems to squat and stop. Still haven't really push it at all though. I love these 390mm discs!!

The Aquamist system is working flawlessly now and running 100% methanol. I am putting Aces IV in the gas and Aces IV-A in the methanol. This hasn't been too much of a hassle as of yet. If it was my daily driver it might be. I have to pre-mix oil in the gasoline in my RX7...when it's done....so I better get used to this sort of filling up of fuels.

The transmission is a dream...517 fully built trans/TC with Kevlar clutches. The MTM TCU is fantastic with this combination. The transmission is built to take 650ftlbs at the flywheel and I am over 700 so we will see. The 517/MTM/transmission in sport mode......whoa!! Can you say hot rod..

I am super impressed with Terry and the guys at Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley. Thanks Danny (mechanic)...now get some Grecian Formula... Danny was great to deal with. It was a long year and there were some rough spots they had to sort out. Terry Griffin is one interesting fellow. I feel I have made a new friend....has he got stories. He was a Formula One photographer for 15 years and seems to know lots of folks in motorsports. I always felt very welcome and he has accommodated me on this rather pricey build. I am so glad I found this place. Plus they have a new 4 wheel dyno on the way. They are experts at setting up suspension and alignments. They have state of the art in-ground alignment equipment.

We did have an issue with leaks coming from the intake manifold seals going into the manifold from the FMU intake. We replaced the seals and decided to put the stock intake back on just to make sure all was OK. The car makes all of the power down low so I don't really see the benefit for street driving with the FMU intake on. Although I love the way the FMU looks and the sounds. But since I might go ahead and tag this car California I am going to leave the stock intake on for now. Tony of EPL took a look at the logs after the stock intake was put back on. We did a reflash from Tony and the logs look better than before. No dyno run after the reflash. I hope to do a before and after with the FMU at some point but not now. I just want to drive the car.

This car just seems to hit all the nails on the heads. It feels taught and quick but not harsh or full of vibration. I was concerned the upgraded Apikol engine, transmission and diff mounts would be too hard but it is perfect. We used a combination of red and blue Apikol mounts...I don't remember what is where at the moment. But you do know you are in a hot rod.

I took the big custom fit JL Audio subwoofer out of the truck. Freaking thing looked and sounded awesome back there but at 91lbs and it greatly limited space, it is now on Craigslist. Now I have a 31lb JL Audio sub. Looking into some Recaros to help put this pig on a diet.
    Last edited by Del Stator; March 13th, 2014 at 22:23.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    with this $10k or so in mods/labor
    10k...ha...that is funny...

10k...ha...that is funny...
    Maybe a bit optimistic....car sounds awesome!!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yep, this was one of those snow ball projects. When I start thinking about the money I get a little uneasy...but get behind the wheel and all is well!

I just have to keep my distance from the Milka build thread... Damn!!!!!

Can I please go for a ride?
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    Can I please go for a ride?
    Sure thing... That is quite a stable of cars you have yourself..

Thank you. I have my RS6 motor out of the car right now so I would love to get some motivation from a ride. Really curious to see how the transmission feels with all those upgrades!
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

I
    I took the big custom fit JL Audio subwoofer out of the truck. Freaking thing looked and sounded awesome back there but at 91lbs and it greatly limited space, it is now on Craigslist.
    Great build, I can imagine the satisfaction after all the time and effort. Love those tuning fork type wheels with your color goes very nicely. Tell me more about the JL Sub does the custom enclosure fit the RS6 nicely? Is the sub a 15,12 or 10"? Is it one of these jobs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/do-it_do-it-now/249491096/ I may be in the market extra info appreciated or a link to the CL ad? Cheers
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    Thank you. I have my RS6 motor out of the car right now so I would love to get some motivation from a ride. Really curious to see how the transmission feels with all those upgrades!
    I may be taking the RS6 to pick up my F-350 in Wellington NV in the next two to three weeks. If I do I will be driving through Reno. I could let you take a quick spend then. Things would have to fall into place just right but it is a possiblity.

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Great build, I can imagine the satisfaction after all the time and effort. Love those tuning fork type wheels with your color goes very nicely. Tell me more about the JL Sub does the custom enclosure fit the RS6 nicely? Is the sub a 15,12 or 10"? Is it one of these jobs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/do-it_do-it-now/249491096/ I may be in the market extra info appreciated or a link to the CL ad? Cheers
    Thanks for the kind words.

I had to buy the wheels sort of in a pinch. Loba told me the brakes would fit under 19' BBS but hey didn't. I wanted to get custom 19" Forgelines but can't justify the money right now. So I had to get some 20"ers fast. These look good and were not too expensive at around 350.00 or so a piece.

The sub is a loaded JL Audio H.O. Wedge 12". http://www.jlaudio.com/ho110r-w7ae-c...-systems-93275

Marty at Cartronix in San Raphel shaped it on one side to fit in the back drivers side of the RS6 trunk. It looks nice but at 50 years old...I just don't care anymore. If I want to slam I can do that at home with my dual JL Audio f-112s!

Here is the Craiglist ad. https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4370702466

So, the disease continues. Modify, modify...must modify.

I am going ahead with the 6MTswap. I really like the 517 but I want the 6MT.

My 517 is all but sold at this moment. That only took one phone call.

Advanced Automotion is going to do the swap.

Now that opens up Pandora's box....bigger turbos....more, more, more!!

I need to get a plan together that was lacking in all of this build so far.

I want to do the things that were missed when the engine was out last time.

1. Aux radiator delete
    2. SAI delete
    3. Headers....????
    4. Turbos......????
    5. ?????????????
    6. Staying stock intake....can it be modified? Should it be modified.
    7. Supporting fuel system modifications. I don't want to do modification to fuel system if it is not necessary. I like overbuilt but not useless overbuilt.
    8. I think AA uses SteveKen adaptor kit.
    9. TDI transmission with appropriate upgrades - Longer 1-2-3 gearing
    10. Wavetrac diff front and rear- upgraded axles
    11. Those ugly ass MTM vents going in.. Not much German Rice around here!!
    12. Curious about Loba cams, low compression head gaskets
    13. I am thinking of staying with single disc clutch...maybe.

I love what Milka has done with his car but I don't want to go that far.

I love this stage of a build.. I like to dream and then find out what the reality of the dreams are. Then I can make more informed decision.
    Last edited by Del Stator; May 9th, 2014 at 06:41.

There must be something in the AR water.

Mad Max and Del Stator back in the same state once again. I feel aftershocks here in AZ