Thread: Opinions on carbon fiber options

Opinions on carbon fiber options

Wanted to get folks opionions on carbon fiber options. Submitted an order to O Carbon and noticed that in additon to the standard black/grey basketweave carbon they also have options for silver, red etc. I thought the silver looked pretty nice and trying to determine if I should go standard black/grey or do something different. Here is a link to pics of silver: http://ocarbon.com/blog/tag/silver/ my interior is charcoal color option-any opinions appreciated.Thanks in advance
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

That silver does look nice. I looked through the blog posts a lot before I decided what I wanted. I was hoping for something a little different, so they're doing a custom set based on the 1x1 from this blog post... http://ocarbon.com/blog/2013/11/just...r-set-of-trim/ I ordered a couple weeks ago to get the holiday discount.

Matt sent me a couple of pics today, they still have to be trimmed and finished, but they look great. If you haven't already, email Matt and discuss it with him, he may offer something custom.

Standard all the way

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Wanted to get folks opionions on carbon fiber options. Submitted an order to O Carbon and noticed that in additon to the standard black/grey basketweave carbon they also have options for silver, red etc. I thought the silver looked pretty nice and trying to determine if I should go standard black/grey or do something different. Here is a link to pics of silver: http://ocarbon.com/blog/tag/silver/ my interior is charcoal color option-any opinions appreciated.Thanks in advance

I am torn between the traditional and the silver. Was there ever an aluminum option from the factory?
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

On charcoal interior i would go silver, it will stand out, instead of keeping everything blacked out. On white interior i would go with standard black trim.
    6spd complete

I will give my opinion on this. I have the OEM Carbon option on my RS6 and I have the standard 2x2 weave from OCarbon on my S4. I think the the 2x2 weave that OCarbon does is much nicer the the OEM weave in my opinion. Its a really nice looking trim! I would go for the the standard setup from them all the way!
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Thanks for the insight guys!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

What about stuff like Carbon Fiber Hood/Bonnet, Boot Lid/Trunk, etc...?
    I know losing 30KG on a car that weighs as much as a moon is rather pointless... better off just telling your passenger to buy their own car.

But Fiber is really nice looking!