Thread: Chilly one this AM...

Chilly one this AM...

-26C without wind - with wind -38C.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chilly One.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	14444
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Bit nippy! What's the yellow warning sign? Enjoy the drive!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Brake Light with some pixel issues it looks like to me.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Bit nippy! What's the yellow warning sign? Enjoy the drive!
    Passenger side coupler for low brake pad warning was worn out. Plastic clips no longer held things closed. Had to snip the end off and hard wire things together. One of my crimps has come loose and I will rectify it when I get some warmer weather outside (garage is full of other vehicles for the winter)... I also broke the lever off the autoheadlight leveling sensor after impacting a snow drift a month ago. I removed the sensor and am currently looking nto fab a new sheath to go around the broken arm so that I don't have to source a replacement sensor.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Here's one coming home tonight.

buuurrrrrrrrr
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

damn That's some cold air. Just snapped this a bit ago too.

Of the 15 coldest places on earth today, 12 were in western Canada, and 10 were in Alberta. New records set today with -42C ambient and -56C just a couple of hours north of me today. STUPIDLY cold and then some.

Name:	burr.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	14462

Gosh ... is the oil like molasses at those temps?
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Here's one coming home tonight.

buuurrrrrrrrr
    TC off in the freezing weather? Fun!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Gosh ... is the oil like molasses at those temps?
    Well I don't know about the oil, but other things are clearly a problem..... FRACK. Drove to the hardware store this AM to get some building supplies for a reno I'm working on, and as I left the parking lot to drive home, not less than a block away from the store, the car stranded me! NO forward gears, and no reverse. DAMN! I can't believe it's something major as it should have provided some sort of sign that a tranny was failing, but voila! no worky. I am going to create a post looking for input from anyone with tranny knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    TC off in the freezing weather? Fun!
    Haha. With the winter tires, I've just gotton so confident in the traction and predictbility of the beast.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Well I don't know about the oil, but other things are clearly a problem..... FRACK. Drove to the hardware store this AM to get some building supplies for a reno I'm working on, and as I left the parking lot to drive home, not less than a block away from the store, the car stranded me! NO forward gears, and no reverse. DAMN! I can't believe it's something major as it should have provided some sort of sign that a tranny was failing, but voila! no worky. I am going to create a post looking for input from anyone with tranny knowledge
    Uugh. Sorry to hear.

I fully concure on the low temps causing other problems. Many other fluids simply can't get to operating temps. Like gear lube in the rear end for example. We've recently purchased a new dodge durango (it's got a Hemi) and it displays different information in the cluster, and I've noticed that the trans temps don't get very warm with it this cold outside. Oil and coolant are in a normal range though.

This is getting ridiculous.

Name:	IMG_20140102_081456253.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	14574

Kyle, come down south. The weathers fine! Be a snowbird.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Yowsa. Yep, that's getting cold considering that's ambient air temp. Add some wind to that and it's downright stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Kyle, come down south. The weathers fine! Be a snowbird.
    you make me jealous.

I don't mind anything from 0 to 25 degrees. I actually enjoy many winter activities. But this is nuts.

Jeeez---No thanks
    210K miles rolled

This makes me cold, I'm turning up the heat right now....glad to see you mileage is up!

So listen to this. The forecasted high on this coming Monday is -15°F. That's the HIGH.