Thread: Like to clear the AIR about Jason Petek AMD owners RS6 Flash

Like to clear the AIR about Jason Petek AMD owners RS6 Flash

Recently I posted about an issue my car was having with the gauge cluster and not being able to start. I also wrote how Jason had just flashed the ECU which I had stated made the car a whole different car, probably the most amazing upgrade ever to be done to the rs6. The ECU flash was not the problem, as I had stated the cluster or the alternator were the two main points of interest. It turns out to have a faulty gauge cluster which Jason had found out this morning, and had done everything possible to figure the issue out for me the night the car broke down, granted this was 9pm at night and Jason opened his shop up to me to try and resolve the issue due to me needing my car for a work trip to Portland. Jason's flash is amazing and I stand behind his work 100% and would like to apologize to anyone if I may have given them the wrong Idea, the man has helped me in more than one ways and I am thankful to have someone like him in my local area to help an Audi owner out.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

We have to manual RS6's here? Time for another beer night I think.

Jason is a great guy, hard to get a hold of sometimes but knows his stuff.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I saw your car there the other day... so clean.

I agree with Chung, another Seattle RS6 beer night is in order before the new year.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Actually, there's three manual RS6's in the Seattle area now. They've all been to AMD for tuning.
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Lets do it!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

Does anyone know how closely AMD works with 034. Getting a manual swap done soon and 034 claims they can take care of all of it. I am curious as I would like something that has been tested.
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    Does anyone know how closely AMD works with 034. Getting a manual swap done soon and 034 claims they can take care of all of it. I am curious as I would like something that has been tested.
    I have been hearing some grumblings about issues with either warranty work or workmanship @ 034 (other websites with letters like AZ and/or QW).
    Not stirring the pot, just passing on information so expectations are understood and/or met.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I have been hearing some grumblings about issues with either warranty work or workmanship @ 034 (other websites with letters like AZ and/or QW).
    Not stirring the pot, just passing on information so expectations are understood and/or met.
    I'm pretty sure Korben is aware. We both got PMs on AZ from the guy w/ the S6 Avant that had the 6spd swap done @ 034.

Thanks for the heads up though!

just curious if they are friends or not. Nate @034 does great tuning. Just don't know if he can do the RS6 Manual swap tune. I know Jason is a tried and true choice but that's a long drive and i'm anal about dyno tuning and not remote tuning so would like to get Jason to do my base tune and then take it to 034 for final. I don't know if they get down like that though.
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    just curious if they are friends or not. Nate @034 does great tuning. Just don't know if he can do the RS6 Manual swap tune. I know Jason is a tried and true choice but that's a long drive and i'm anal about dyno tuning and not remote tuning so would like to get Jason to do my base tune and then take it to 034 for final. I don't know if they get down like that though.

This is a great subject. Once the base tune is done remotely, could any local VAG friendly shop do the tweaks and updates?
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

I've heard nothing of 034 having the RS6 tune figured out. S6 is remedial in comparison as those cars came with a manual in Germany, not so with the RS6. If you choose 034, be prepared for your car being their test bed as mine was at AMD. Also, I'm not sure Jason does remote tuning, I think he prefers to have the Ecu for a basic OTS tune or your car for custom tuning. I don't think giving Jason's tune to 034 for "improvement" is good practice as Jason worked hard to get it figured out. I would encourage you to pick a tuner and let them tune your car, whoever it is. I for one think AMD's custom tune on my RS6mt is amazing.

He did sort it all out and I plan to support his efforts. I know he will accept the ECU for the 6mt conversion remotely as well as a power tune for whatever mods you have. How do I go about getting the tune updated on a dyno locally after that part is done? I guess that is a better way to ask my question. I am legitimately ignorant with the tuning.

Sorry if this became a thread hi-jack. Let me know if I should start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDI View Post
    He did sort it all out and I plan to support his efforts. I know he will accept the ECU for the 6mt conversion remotely. How do I go about getting the tune updated on a dyno? I guess that is a better way to ask my question.

Sorry if this became a thread hi-jack. Let me know if I should start a new one.
    I would assume log data and then send it back to the tuner for a new map. Did that with my WRX and worked great.

One thing I've noticed is how much ambient temp can have an effect on our cars, so keep that in mind when setting the tune...water meth is amazing at offsetting that during warm months.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks lswing. That thought didn't even cross my mind. Another thing to learn how to do. I think someone just started a thread on this. Starting there.

+1000

Stick with one.

I would go with the known product. AMD

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    I've heard nothing of 034 having the RS6 tune figured out. S6 is remedial in comparison as those cars came with a manual in Germany, not so with the RS6. If you choose 034, be prepared for your car being their test bed as mine was at AMD. Also, I'm not sure Jason does remote tuning, I think he prefers to have the Ecu for a basic OTS tune or your car for custom tuning. I don't think giving Jason's tune to 034 for "improvement" is good practice as Jason worked hard to get it figured out. I would encourage you to pick a tuner and let them tune your car, whoever it is. I for one think AMD's custom tune on my RS6mt is amazing.