Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushed the RS6 to the max

Pushed the RS6 to the max

So 1 week ago I took my RS6 that is completely stock besides OZ rims and eurocharged tune out for a top speed run. I hit 187-190 MPH on A70. So for all of you saying the top speed was 170 without a limiter are wrong. Just thought I would share with you guys! Overall it was pretty scary, very loud but overall the car felt very stable and solid.
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.

Very cool to take it to those speeds.

Do you remember what the max rpm you saw was? Was it redlined?

Also, share your comments about how long it took to get there. What was the acceleration like above 160?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I agree, I've had mine to a 175mph indicated a couple of times. Next time I'll have to get my little GPS in the car setup so I can verify the accuracy of the Speedo. But at 175mph it was still slightly accelerating.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Greyyork View Post
    So 1 week ago I took my RS6 that is completely stock besides OZ rims and eurocharged tune out for a top speed run. I hit 187-190 MPH on A70. So for all of you saying the top speed was 170 without a limiter are wrong. Just thought I would share with you guys! Overall it was pretty scary, very loud but overall the car felt very stable and solid.
    Congrats. DRC must be seriously dialed in to feel stable at that speed.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Well I should mention that 15k before I bought the car the DRC, T/C and transmission was replaced with OEM of course, but still stock none the less. You have to keep in mind German roads are 100x better than those in America, at least thats my opinion. So I had a virtually brand new road nearly completely flat and zero traffic. It was also about 40 degrees so nice perfect weather and it was a 12 mile straight away. As for the acceleration it was actually pretty impressive after 160 (what I topped it out at before) it did not take long at all to get up there. Not that I had a stopwatch or anything. To be honest I was more focused on the road that my odometer, but as I did look down to check speeds it was pretty much maxed out. If I remember right it wasn't maxed out but very very near it. I'm pretty confident in a more controlled environment these cars could get to 195 and MAYBE 200.
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.

Well I should mention that 15k before I bought the car the DRC, T/C and transmission was replaced with OEM of course, but still stock none the less. You have to keep in mind German roads are 100x better than those in America, at least thats my opinion. So I had a virtually brand new road nearly completely flat and zero traffic. It was also about 40 degrees so nice perfect weather and it was a 12 mile straight away. As for the acceleration it was actually pretty impressive after 160 (what I topped it out at before) it did not take long at all to get up there. Not that I had a stopwatch or anything. To be honest I was more focused on the road that my odometer, but as I did look down to check speeds it was pretty much maxed out. If I remember right it wasn't maxed out but very very near it. I'm pretty confident in a more controlled environment these cars could get to 195 and MAYBE 200.

Previous owner of my Daytona car which was tuned by eurocharged said the car would do 190, not sure how he knew that…lol
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

187 on my first RS6, (in Mexico of course) O.CT chip otherwise stock. VERY stable and not scary.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

I'm pretty confident in a more controlled environment these cars could get to 195 and MAYBE 200.
    They can - and will - do 195. (315km/h)
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    They can - and will - do 195. (315km/h)
    Without any modifications?

The numbers I have is that it will do 301 km/h with only the limiter removed. And for the limiter, there's no cutting in at 250 km/h. More like 270 km/h from my experience…

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Without any modifications?
    Nope. With some minor mods. The gearing is there. Just need the horsepower to push the brick through the air is all.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I use my Performance Box for every single performance measurment...usually as a back up...land speed, drag racing, 60-130's, etc...handy little tool...you can't manipulate it, as it's raw data, but you can view it any way you want...speed, time, slope, G's, etc...everything...I use it for 0-60, 0-100, 50-70, 60-130...you can see where you are lacking in performance...
    2013 Audi S8

I've had mine up to 180 recently on the way back up from dropping my daughter off in south Florida. Still felt safe and was able to maneuver quite well.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Nope. With some minor mods. The gearing is there. Just need the horsepower to push the brick through the air is all.
    Thought so, with some fiddling in the ECU 315 km/h is not a problem.

There is so much speedo error at high speeds...
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Mine was right on at 170 with GPS video correlation.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Awesome!!!.....was the noise wind noise as my wife claims?

I need to find a place where I can do this... In virtual racing, i.e. Forza 3, I just built an 880bhp RS 6 and it's effing incredible!!!

The wind past 160 MPH is crazy. Although I'm sure it's much quieter than in other cars. I could still hear it pretty loud and the engine was sounding just beautiful. Yeah Germany is one of those special places. I'm going to the Ring in May.