Thread: Rear seat squeak

Rear seat squeak

Hey guys,

I've had my RS 6 for two weeks now and so far it's brilliant, except for one thing. When I go over bumps there's a really obnoxious squeak coming from the RH side of the rear seat. With a passenger in the seat the squeak is not present or if the seat is folded. I'm going to take some time to diagnose it but I wasn't sure if someone had encountered this before and knew exactly where it might be coming from. Car is pretty much dead silent otherwise.

DRC perhaps??

I have the exact same thing although I haven't taken the time to take it apart yet to get at all the squeaking points yet. My guess is that whatever latch or catch that's holding the seat cushion to the body just needs some lubrication. There is also the potential for the L and R sides of the seat bottom to rub against the plastic door surround trim. I cut up some clean rags and put them in between the leather and plastic, which took care of that noise.

I think, and I haven't had much more than a couple seconds to play around, that it's the lower hinge on the RH side of the seat closest to the door.